It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I exist? What's the point?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What is the point to your existence?

Lately this question has weighed more heavily than usual for me, as i just don't see much of a reason for me to exist anymore. I've always felt uncomfortable to a degree with being part of what exists. I'm 34 and i have been feeling a sort of disconnectedness and alienation ever since i was a kid.

It's not "Why am i here?" as in why am i placed on this earth, but more of "What's the point of being?

I've never been much of a social creature, and the things that drive you humans to do the things you do, i just truly do not understand. It seems i just don't have the drives, desires, and motivations that make up life, like there's just nothing here for me. I don't really get any satisfaction from social interaction, intimate or otherwise, and being around and interacting with humans only increases my feeling of isolation. The only time i feel like i'm not completely alone, is when i'm completely alone.

I know that my childhood had a great effect on the way i feel, as i never really did have any friends growing up. I'd get my ass kicked regularly by social "gangs"ever since i started school. Yeah, i could have fought back, and at times i had to in order to divert serious harm, but beating someone else up hurt me more than being beat up. I'd rather have a black eye and a fat lip than to have the harm i do to another weigh on my conscience. School itself was a demeaning and demoralizing experience ever since i started kindergarten. I was lied to, talked down to, and had my hopes of actually learning something crushed by the glorified prison guards of the education system. They forced me into what i could only equate to intellectual slavery. Sit down, shut up, and do your 100 math problems was their answer to any questions i had. I knew the answer to every one of the 100 simple addition and subtraction problems, but i'd refuse to complete my assignments based on the fact that i knew it was a form of assimilation. I'd feel embarrassed that i was just another sheep when i'd turn in completed work, and a better score only meant i was better at being a sheep.

I really had no desire to interact with the other sheep i saw, the ones back then who accepted the assimilation and mind control without question. There were times when out of the pain of loneliness i tried to interact socially, but the social mindgames that it required went against what i felt was right, like every interaction i had with anyone was based on a lie, my lie to them, in pretending i wasn't disgusted at the way they lie to themselves and then to their "friends".

Later on i saw a lot more of the same, only on a more massive scale and a lot more disgusting than i ever thought people could be. I used to try and speak out about what i saw, and when i tried to make change for the better, i found myself locked in a cell and being threatened with charges of terrorism. I guess opening people's eyes enough for them to see the horror i see is terrorism, as i see a world of terror before anyone with any belief of anything blows up anything for their belief. Mind you, my "acts of terror" in the system's eyes was the exposure of Zionist lies. I wrote letters, gave speeches, and distributed flyers calling attention to socio-economic division, class warfare, and discriminatory injustice. For that i was set up, beat down by thug cops, arrested, and interrogated for hours. I was 15 then. I was forced into a plea bargain that included a stipulation that i would not pursue further education, which meant that i was not supposed to receive a diploma. I got my diploma in the end, but it was only because i hacked the system, so to speak. College wasn't much different.

After i finally escaped the concentration camps of public education, i saw a world that was only more of the same. Built on lies, deceit, and the lust for control over others, i saw nothing i wanted to be any part of. The kind of greed, lust, and blatant blind ignorance i saw made me feel what would have been complete embarrassment at being of the same species as these horrible parasites that infested the earth.

When I was 23 i had my first (and only)"relationship" which only further supported my hypothesis that humans are parasites. I never had much personal interaction with anyone until then, and the experience only confirmed to me that the world is as evil as it seemed before.

Every time i put some amount of trust in anyone it seems i'm betrayed by it. I decided a long time ago that I won't trust anyone anymore, i can't bring myself to do so. There's nothing i really want out of life that i haven't already attained, yet i'm left to exist in a world full of hate, lust, and greed. Most of what is socially considered normal sickens me, and what really horrifies me is the fact that more people are being put into this sick twisted condition we're in. It seems people's solution is to continue breeding and thrust an innocent life into a corrupt world in order to have something to mistreat and abuse.

My escape is pain, physical pain, and the pain my tired soul endures in this corrupt world. It's the only thing i have that i can count on in life is pain, i can place ultimate trust in the fact that life is primarily pain, and that it will always be there to "comfort" me. It's the only friend i've known my entire life, the only thing i can count on to be there always.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
whew..... someone is feeling the SAME thing as me....

I won't go in to my own story ... but ...if you want to read it ... its in the bible under JOB.

I've been played and swindled by an ex ..and I let my emotions drive me rather than intellect ... and here I sit.... with absolutely nothing to show for 30 years hard work.........thinking about non-existence also..

so ... you aren't completely alone

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

Wow, just Wow!

I can't help but think in your situation that negativity breeds negativity. It's like the law of attraction at work in what you had to say.

I would like to say that I appreciate you sharing your story.

While it might seem there is no light at the end of the tunnel, my own personal feelings about this is that you are not looking for one. It must be a drag for you to wake up each morning, already having your expectations about the world set in stone, in your mind.

It could be that nothing brings a smile to your face, but have you considered the billions of people on this planet that have it far much worse off than you do?

Why don't you try to do something that might give you the satisfaction of knowing you improved the life of somebody else? I'm thinking that you might volunteer to do something like work at a food bank, or volunteer to cheer children in a Cancer ward up, by reading them books or something.

Quit just thinking about yourself here, and get off your rear and make an effort to improve your situation some way if you don't like it. At least you are able to do so, unlike some person growing up in a slum in a 3rd world country!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Life, existance, what ever you want to call it. It's just a lesson. Learn from it, enjoy it, and roll with it. Even bad stuff can have good outcomes. Aslong as you know what to take from an experience. Even if it's just how you dealt with a bad situation, learn from everything, enjoy everything. Then maybe, life won't seem so pointless.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hi

I'm not sure how to start off..
Let me put this down from my point of view, and this may by no means be what you see yourself as, but you appear depressed and neurotic. I'm not putting you down, from my perspective this is simply an objective statement of fact.

So you hate and resent the world you live in because of all the hate, lies, greed and so on that you witness everyday? Hate begets hate, my friend. If you want a purpose for your being here - you see these negative deeds being acted out but have given up? You mentioned that you tried speaking out at one point and were persecuted for it, accused and shouted down. Whatever happened to starting off small?? You would be so surprised just how much a smile can make someone's day. I'm telling you the truth when i say this, but you can begin to change the things around you by conciously thinking and acting positively.

I find Martin Luther King Jr an incredible inspiration, he said this:

Somehow we must be able to stand up before our most bitter opponents and say: "We shall match your capacity to inflict suffering by our capacity to endure suffering. We will meet your physical force with soul force. Do to us what you will and we will still love you... But be assured that we'll wear you down by our capacity to suffer, and one day we will win our freedolm. We will not only win freedom for ourselves; we will also appeal to your heart and conscience that we will win you in the process, and our victory will be a double victory."

All the truly good things are worth fighting for. I could tell you that you ARE here for a reason, but would you believe me?

What if i said the world needs people like you? Because you're somebody who wants to bring about change, unlike so many who are blinded by their hate and greed. If there's a purpose for you it's that. Start off small, I'm sure you have the mind to do something creative there.. Remember, a little goes a long way, like a ripple effect.

I share your exact feelings of alienation and being lonely, and I developed depression when i was a teen, but eventually found my way.. I know it's hard to accept that the world is more than you see it as, but you NEED to realise that there is only perception and nothing else. You can control everything in your world if you can understand and control the way your mind thinks. You don't need to hold all this distrust towards people, you don't need to feel embarrassed.
In a manner of speaking, you just need to spread the love.

People aren't out to get you, try seeing things from their point of view. You might be resorting to physical pain because it's something that you can control. It may be the only thing you feel you can control.
Also, if i can deviate for a second, I once read that an effective way of learning to control and understand your mind is through meditation. Study up and experience. It could change your life.

I'm sorry if i come off acting like i know how you think, but it's what i naturally do - it's what i've done my entire life - i have to figure people out... plus i'm studying a psychology major this year..

Because I'm not a professional, it's my suggestion that you take up sessions with a psychologist, if you're comfortable with that. They can help you figure out why you're thinking the way you're thinking and help you change that. Remember, it's all perception.

I really wish you all the best, I want everything to work out for you.
Please consider what I've said, you don't even need to act upon it - just take it in and think about it.

Vacant

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

i could point you too over 9000 people on the internets who feel exactly the same, alas it's just part of being alive in this day and age -it's a complex world and we live in very confused times -try not to let it get you down and enjoy as much of existence as you can, after all it's no ones fault you don't like it but your own. I know this sounds harsh but it's true, those that came before us were even more screwed up and confused -how were they supposed to create a society which made sence?

infact i think life has been sorting itself out recently (1950+) and almost starting to make #some# sense -well we're doing better than the victorians anyway
As society learns new things and starts to understand each other a lot of the old insanity is going, however it creates confusion and uncomfortable contradictions - there probably isn't a time humanity has been alive that most people didn't detest the state of the world.

We are all very different people, some of the more egotistical types long ago set up a system where they were the kings, they imposed control after control to hold together society as it grew more complex but although they did restrict certain people and things happening they let us develop into a highly advanced peoples, some of the rules were stupid but some very sensible, in a long complex of thrashing out the truth through our very muddled history we reached this point, with enough wisdom to look round and see things clearly.

before we reached this point how were we ever going to make a sensible world? hehe ok, so we aren't there yet but we're getting close - the complex mesh of society has room for everyone, hopefully it'll get easier for people to find their place soon because at the moment it feels like being caught in a net - however history shows many people managed in far harsher times, shakespear must have raged no end at his barbarous world - hehe well we know he did he wrote it all down
Jesus hated the world so much he didn't even care about being nailed to a cross as he considered speaking out more important.

So all i can say to you is - if you can clearly see all the problems with the world then you're probably a progressive minded person cutting ahead of the curve, accept most of the world will seem rubbish to you and try to make some positive changes, draw attention to it and offer solutions and education -maybe one day people will be born in a more sensible world, untill then we just gotta make do.

----

I was forced into a plea bargain that included a stipulation that i would not pursue further education

Sorry WHAT?!?!? That;s the most insane thing i ever heard, what sort of stupid system would refuse someone the right to education??? i never heard anything like it, i presume this is an over simplification right? thy didn't say not to pursue further education???

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

That was some experience you have been through to say the very least.

As for the point in you being. If there was no point you wouldnt be here and that is not a question that you can get a whole answer from unless you question yourself at least to begin with.

Everyone tries to answer that and when they cant they reach outward but if you persist with yourself you will find the answer.

You might need to rearrange your perceptions a little. Ie....What am I learning from life?
- Wrong answer - do not trust anyone.

- Correct answer - Be careful who you trust.

Ill give you a little example of how life can change drastically from the smallest action of goodness. I was driving past an old man who had a burst tyre on his car the other week and after driving past I thought, how will this guy get home if nobody helps.
I came back after an hour and he was still there. I approached him, he had been there for 6 hours and had no battery left in his phone after trying to get in touch with his family for help.
I decided I would give him my spare tyre from my own car boot as his spare was punctured. The guy asked for my number in case he needed directions to get home as he had gotten lost after turning off the motorway with his puncture.
I got a call a few days later from the guys son and in short it turned out the family owns a chain of bars and restuarants and he wanted me to visit for a meal with them as a show of thanks as they were worried sick about there father. Normally I would not go as I had a lot of things going on in my own life but I thought why not right?
I joined them and was offered a job in the end after being unemployed for 6 months.

Hope im making sense as im not wanting to hammer out a massive reply that would be ignored.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies
My escape is pain, physical pain, and the pain my tired soul endures in this corrupt world. It's the only thing i have that i can count on in life is pain, i can place ultimate trust in the fact that life is primarily pain, and that it will always be there to "comfort" me. It's the only friend i've known my entire life, the only thing i can count on to be there always.

I don't know how to ask this without just outright asking, do you mean that you self-harm or am I misinterpreting you?

Many years ago I used to use self-cutting as a coping mechanism for some of the same reasons that you have described. I stopped when I was 'found out', it was never the same for me, when others knew what I was doing, they didn't understand and further embedded my sense of isolation from the rest of the world by treating me like some fragile little flower. The point was I wanted to just be left alone, I still do, but I have learnt how to 'deal' with other people and to exist in my own little bubble with minimal interruptions.

I'm a little older than you, I'm 37, but what I have found is that the world is a wonderful place, despite all the greedy, selfish, corrupt people that inhabit it. There are afterall animals, humans can be avoided almost altogether if you so choose. But most of all I like myself, and that is what you have to learn to do, be comfortable in your skin. Sod everyone else, don't worry about who likes you, who is going to take you for a ride, let them do what they hell they want, they can't hurt you unless you let them. Yes it stings, but you know that you have you, shrug it off and chalk it up.

Most people don't even know who they are. If you are comfortable with who you are, if you go out and look for the things that light you up, nothing can touch you. I am happy, often blissfully so, because I like myself, and it makes no difference to me what anyone else thinks about me. I know that I make every effort to be a 'good' person. If others don't see it, then sod 'em, they are not people I need to know.

All those people wandering around #ting on everyone else aren't half as contented as I am, they avoid being with themselves, can't stand it. They can only exist in the reflection of others. They are empty, all caught up in the mistaken belief that life is a popularity contest. Stop knocking yourself because you don't want to play their game and find your own to play instead. Stop punishing yourself, you've done nothing wrong. We are all alone, no-one person has much purpose, being liked or popular doesn't give you any added value. There is no point to our existence other than that we have come into existence, the point is to assign your own values and disregard the values that others impose upon you.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
When I get myself in these moods(and boy can the last) i grab some gear and get lost in the woods for about a week no radio, no media at all just you and nature. After a week i'm pretty sure you will feel great,at least it does me

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

To help you my friend

Would you happen to live in the UK?

IP

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoProvider

To help you my friend

IP

There is a lot more truth in your words than I think you might realise.

Bigger picture wise that is.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
To the OP, I used to feel like you.
What's the point?
Was I just a pawn in life or were aliens getting kicks out of my misery?!!!
Everything felt useless on my best day.
I tried suicide and drugs to numb the pain.
I thought if God existed, he must hate women, because I was miserable.
Or God was a moody woman!
Anyway, I heard the Gospel in August 1993 and I was born-again that night.
Like a child again!
Happy! and I KNEW GOD WAS REAL and He cared about my plight!
I simply did what the preacher said, (BTW, I only listened to the Sunday morning preaching, because I was so hung over and I couldn't find the remote!)
I told God I believed in His Son, that He died for my sins and rose again the third day!
BOOM! Everything changed!
I quit SSI, for agoraphobia, bi-polar mania with psychotic features and depression!
I was GLORIOUSLY saved!
Some people didn't even recognize me!

I have learned through the years that you can't put all your trust in ANY person!
Only God!
People, including the pope are fallible and sometimes, you can't even fully trust yourself!
But God still loves us and wants to save us from the dark side!
There IS a reason to live! For God and fellow humans!
One day there will be no more tears or sin!

Have a Blessed week, honey!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey

I've debated my existence over and over and over and over and over. At times i felt there was no point, and not exactly in that depressed i don't want to live kind of way (although i have had those moments too) just in that since i'm here for no reason at all i may just enjoy myself etc.

But i don't believe there is no point. I think that matter gives rise to conciousness in the right enviroments, i think that is just natural law. The point i have given to my existence is to evolve, i think that is the only good thing life can do, i'm here and part of the evolution as is everyone else.

So you could say what is the point of evolving...well...my answer to that would involve the "supreme being" that already exists in our future but is what we will evolve into (if we do not self destruct) Maybe the talk of some kind of supreme being will put you off the idea, and i'm being careful not to use the word God because i think that word refers to the god of classical theism, and what i consider to be a supreme being is no more than a highly intelligent organism.

So i'll just put it like this...i look at it like the cells in my body, they keep me alive, they are my everything, they make up the whole of me as one. But they are still individual cells.... billions gillions hazillions of teeny tiny lil cells all working to keep me alive.

What if one of those cells was floating around one day in some bodily fluid, and turned round and said..."dude...why the f am i here??? whats the point...theres no frookin point is there???!!!! i'm just floating around working my butt off all day doing this and that and for what!!!????"

And then it decided not to work anymore...it decided to die instead, or just deviate from what it was designed to do. You know if that was the case and all the other cells decided to do that too, the WHOLE OF ME will die. They would become like a cancer and kill me. So if we are inside something bigger than ourselves (perhaps something that we will evolve into in the future bla bla ) and we decide there is no point in living or working to evolve, we would end up destroying so much more than just our world or our individual bodies.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

To help you my friend

IP

There is a lot more truth in your words than I think you might realise.

Bigger picture wise that is.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

Thanks,

My intentions for using them words is because i feel i may be able to help the OP as i too have experienced the same. Infact, when i read the OP' post i could have sworn i wrote it. Remarkable coincidence i feel.

I also understand that Humanity's Purpose on Earth is to help each other, through thick and thin, good and bad, love and respect!

Hoping that the OP lives in the UK, i would like to possably meet up and share my experience and guide him/her back on the right path. Not the sort of thing one can do on the Internet.

The OP sounds a little distressed, hang in there buddy. There is a wonderful world of love and enlightenment awaiting you

IP

[edit on 3-3-2009 by InfoProvider]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If there were ever to be one point of existence above all others, existence would cease to exist.

The only point to existence is what you make of it, because in fact all other points to existence carry the same weight as the point you make. So in fact there really is no one general "point". There are infinite reasons. Pick one that suits you.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Yeah, it actually said in writing in the plea bargain "shall not pursue further education". I thought that was insane too, but it was either that or stand trial for terrorism. They even did me the ""service" of making sure i was declared "legally sane" so they could prosecute me to the fullest extent.

I know it had something to do with speaking out. I took public speaking as an elective in HS and was good at it. VERY good. Good enough to win the state Optimist award as well as several other awards for speeches i've written. The last speech i was allowed to give was at a political-industrial fundraiser for the benefit of our overlords, a $5000 per plate affair and i delivered a speech on the coming class war and who's behind it. Apparently the elite don't take too kindly to it when you stand up to their face, look them in the eye, call them out and tell them to stop third-worldizing the country by eliminating the middle class and forcing poverty upon the masses through exploitation. After that i was lucky if i got to clear my throat without being censored.

I spoke out, i still do, and i serve others as my career choice as a cook. I'll go hungry so another can eat if they asked me to feed them, and without complaint. I can't force myself to participate in the crooked system of hate and greed.

And yes, every time i see my fellow man cause harm for profit i become embarrassed of my species. And it's pretty often that i see that happen, because that's what capitalism and the whole global economic system is, people who would never consider dirtying their hands with menial tasks FORCING the slaves to do it.

As someone mentioned above, things have been improving since the 50's, i disagree, the APPEARANCE of improvement has been marketed and exploited as well. Plantation owners no longer have a shed full of "niggas" out back, they figured out how to do the same thing with poor white people, and the shed is now covered in stucco and drywall to make the slaves think they're free. The whip to the back has been replaced with the financial credit leash for those who can't really afford it or pay back what they've supposedly been loaned.

The thing that really bugs me though, is not the fact that the rich powerful elite illuminati mason reptilian lemurian council of trilateral bilderbergs are imposing the condition, what is really appalling is the fact that everyone just goes along with the whole crooked scheme without question. We should have strung our leaders from lightpoles long ago, instead, we as a society, see the injustice, shrug our shoulders, and go back to picking cotton for ""Massa"

I was studying aviation and leading up into aerospace engineering, orbital mechanics, and astrophysics as a career, until i saw how heavily the defense contractors, the military, and the CIA were recruiting scientists and engineers. I've had offers made to me from them when i stood out as exceptional in my technical aptitude. I quit the entire industry due to this. I do not build weapons to use as tools of enslavement. I won't be the one building better death. Most industry is this way now, if i chose to actually participate in the economy, i'd only be making a negative difference.

It's not even that i'm bitter, or that i feel incomplete, rather the opposite, i know now they can lock me up, beat me down, even murder me but they can't have anything from me aside from whatever blood and flesh they can beat out of me. Also, i've already accomplished more in this life than i ever set out to do, and have done it all a long time ago.

I like to help people. i just would rather do so without compensation, recognition, or even thanks. We shouldn't have to feel gratitude for another's help, that should just be the natural state of things. It takes away from my happiness when someone tries to repay me for helping them. We're all supposed to help each other because we're all in this together, neighbors, family, on a small chunk of rock precariously hurtling through space. Instead, it's red team vs blue team and we use all our production capacity to build weapons to flatten cities and scorch the earth 1000 times over.

The US spends over half it's budget on defense. What's left worth defending after that? And who are we defending against? If you went to a military base and got to see the pointy end of the stick, you'd think we're at war with advanced beings from Zeta Reticuli, but most of that hardware that will be used will be used by the orders of 1% of the highest elite, to bring death to the poorest people on the planet. Bombs only fall in ghettos, check your history, poor slaves go to war for the further consolidation of the elite's power.

For the past few years i stopped contributing to the economy and to society in it's current form. I'll only trade labor for the minimum monetary resources i need to survive at a basic level, most days i get to have food, but not every day. I just absolutely refuse to participate in building the weapons that keep us all divided and enslaved. Problem is, that's what this entire used up carcass of a world is based off right now.

When i finish getting rid of all my possessions and finally walk off into the small bit of wilderness left i'll still be confined by the bounds of civilization, in the form of poison water, poisoned food, because of a polluted and toxic earth. Wormwood. I'll still be confined as people are encroaching on more and more wilderness through unchecked breeding, development, and sprawl.

There wouldn't be third world poverty anywhere on this planet if we took a week's worth of resources we use to go to war against impoverished people and used it to feed, clothe, and house those same people. I bet it costs a lot more to bomb a country than to feed it. We spend 2 billion dollars on a single aircraft which has no other purpose but to rain death from 50,000 feet in wholesale quantity, do we spend 2 billion on making sure every child is fed? Would it even take 2 billion to do that?

The fact that people haven't said enough is enough yet as a planet full of people, speaks loudest. We communicate globally, we're aware or at least we have the information to be aware of, yet i still see a world of savages, brother killing brother in technological savagery.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Thanks,

My intentions for using them words is because i feel i may be able to help the OP as i too have experienced the same. Infact, when i read the OP' post i could have sworn i wrote it. Remarkable coincidence i feel.

I also understand that Humanity's Purpose on Earth is to help each other, through thick and thin, good and bad, love and respect!

Hoping that the OP lives in the UK, i would like to possably meet up and share my experience and guide him/her back on the right path. Not the sort of thing one can do on the Internet.

The OP sounds a little distressed, hang in there buddy. There is a wonderful world of love and enlightenment awaiting you

IP

[edit on 3-3-2009 by InfoProvider]

I'm not really distressed, or at least no more than usual,more of the fact that i feel like even if we did go in a utopian direction starting tomorrow, it'll be a utopian-capitalist dictatorship and we'll be forcing people to be enlightened at gunpoint, it's just the silly way we do things.

And i've got love, it's just not for anything of this earth. I follow the will of Allah, which has nothing to do with "god" (in the invisible man in the sky sense) if you really understand it.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by DezertSkies]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A lot of people believe in God because it makes more sense than feeling pointless in life for just being here, it has a sense of purpose of a greater life and we always strive to look beyound our selves. Likewise a hobby or interest may give you purpose too but it's always a lifeless end of the tunnel because your instincts wants more beyond this realm. Some will be happy with thinking we are just animals but at the same time the youths of today don't need to here it all the time its spiritually makes kids feel pointless and they tink there is no need to act on morals since we are no different to mortal animals.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

That was some experience you have been through to say the very least.

As for the point in you being. If there was no point you wouldnt be here and that is not a question that you can get a whole answer from unless you question yourself at least to begin with.

Everyone tries to answer that and when they cant they reach outward but if you persist with yourself you will find the answer.

You might need to rearrange your perceptions a little. Ie....What am I learning from life?
- Wrong answer - do not trust anyone.

- Correct answer - Be careful who you trust.

Ill give you a little example of how life can change drastically from the smallest action of goodness. I was driving past an old man who had a burst tyre on his car the other week and after driving past I thought, how will this guy get home if nobody helps.
I came back after an hour and he was still there. I approached him, he had been there for 6 hours and had no battery left in his phone after trying to get in touch with his family for help.
I decided I would give him my spare tyre from my own car boot as his spare was punctured. The guy asked for my number in case he needed directions to get home as he had gotten lost after turning off the motorway with his puncture.
I got a call a few days later from the guys son and in short it turned out the family owns a chain of bars and restuarants and he wanted me to visit for a meal with them as a show of thanks as they were worried sick about there father. Normally I would not go as I had a lot of things going on in my own life but I thought why not right?
I joined them and was offered a job in the end after being unemployed for 6 months.

Hope im making sense as im not wanting to hammer out a massive reply that would be ignored.

That's Karma for you. I'm currently laid off, having a hard time finding a new job and ging through a horrible divorce but I'm like you, I always help those who need it because it gets me away from thinking about my own peoblems and it makes me fell good. Congrats o the new job!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

How were you able to persue a career in the Aviation industry if you were ordered not to seek any further education?

Some things with your later post are not adding up in this B@@@@ fest you have started as a thread.

You say you are not bitter, and come out sounding like you are better than the rest of us because you have it all figured out some way.

I can't help but feel your as sour as a lemon, because some of us refuse to be sucked into your ingenious perception of the world!

You are not going to drag me down along with you, sir!

I'm sorry, but you alone are responsible for the pickle you are in, and the jar [your perception of the world] you as a pickle float around in!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join