It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have compassion for psychopaths?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I reckon theres a bigger conspiracy behind why they do what they do. Most crime related incidents were from withdrawal from meds. It could be that their diet, what they put into their bodies effects their minds and they become zombified. That part of their brain is missing so they dont feel the emotions.
I dont think they were born that way(unless mother/father had underlying issues and poor diet drug abuse) but probably had a lifetime of drug abuse, meds, alcohol and poor diet as well as other environmental factors that contributed to their illness off the mind. Alot off research into the brain suggests this but people would rather put the blame on the person instead of what could be contributing to his/her part of the brain that is not functioning well.
There i believe are underlying causes that contributes to a person state of mind and usually this is supressed as law enforcement, mental institutions, big pharma wont make money from it. So they never let the public know what causes it. Rather they cause the society to be off negative mind toward that person which inturn does not benefit. Rather when you understand, the compassion should be there but the contradictory is you have no empathy for them either for you despise what they do, for they hurt do they not. You are actually facing an illusion at that moment as the psycopath is a product of your fear and hate your mirror if you want to go deeply into the subject.

When the world changes their state of mind to that of compassion and love we will see more of it. But since the state of mind off the whole world is jealousy, hate, revenge etc etc we see more of it. This is what i mean by psycopaths being the byproducts of our thoughts(we see them with no conscience because a majority of the human race has so much hate in them) and why we ignore the underlying cause so we can not have compassion & forgiveness toward that person but blame them with our hate.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

I'm interested in what you're saying. I know first hand what it's like to be sociopathic from nutritional deficiencies. I've got a condition that leaves me severely deficient in several vitamins. After supplementing, I realized just how far off I was.

What I'm referring to, once again, is not a secondary psychopath, which comes about from environmental factors. I'm talking about a biologically impaired person, who is incapable of growing a conscience.

I'm willing to bet a fair percentage of the sociopathic tendencies arise from poor diet as the main cause. I also agree that big-pharma, institutions, hospitals do next to nothing for these people, as it's not in their interest to make people well.

Rather when you understand, the compassion should be there but the contradictory is you have no empathy for them either for you despise what they do, for they hurt do they not. You are actually facing an illusion at that moment as the psycopath is a product of your fear and hate your mirror if you want to go deeply into the subject.

Can you expand on this, please? How is it that my fear and hate gives rise to the existence of the psychopath? Regardless of my emotional state, a psychopath will act without conscience, correct? Is it that my negative emotional state would fuel them?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Unity emissions i edited it for you in the last paragraph which may answer your question.
However i will answer here as best as i can. You are on the right track with what you are saying. But no i do not blame you as a person in itself for the state of a psychopaths mind. Rather blaming would make me sound contradictory.
But i base my theory partly on the "100 monkeys phenomenon"(can be googled) and global mass conciousness. Everyone has the hate, jealousy and all other associated emotions and mostly will not act on it because you are concious of your actions. But i would like to say that yes our thoughts combined can be creating what we don't want to see. This is where the wisdom behind love, forgiveness and compassion comes in, when you understand its proper place in the world and why it needs to thrive. So it benefits the whole world.
But we dont just need to change internally we also need to change externally. Our earth is its own organism and conciousness and we must respect that aswell or we drag it down with us even though it supports us.
Not sure if you will get my deep soul talk.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges

When the world changes their state of mind to that of compassion and love we will see more of it. But since the state of mind off the whole world is jealousy, hate, revenge etc etc we see more of it. This is what i mean by psycopaths being the byproducts of our thoughts(we see them with no conscience because a majority of the human race has so much hate in them) and why we ignore the underlying cause so we can not have compassion & forgiveness toward that person but blame them with our hate.

This just seems like circular logic, no? With each individual who changes their mindset, of course the whole becomes a bit better. I don't think psychopaths are the byproducts of our thoughts, rather the byproducts of biological impairment, and their resulting off thought process.

It seems like you're trying to say an orange is only an orange only if we think of it as an orange?! What is in a word? Meaning.

I'm sorry, it's late here and I'm quite tired. Maybe there's something really simple that I'm just missing. Please excuse that I'm just not grasping what you're saying here.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
To my understanding, a psychopath has the perspective that only they exist!

Sounds like our society.

They have cold hearted reasoning, void of insight, and empathy. Their emotions are shallow, never truly experiencing fear, or love. From all of this, I gather they have no conscience whatsoever, and are inhumane, period!

Holy Cow, sounds like our society again.

Darn it, I think you are talking about our society.
No real news, but thanks anyway.

Greetings

[edit on 2-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
unityemissions you understand the role of vitamins and how it has reversed your condition somewhat.
Now if you like i will give you an experiment to do. But you will need to do it for atleast a month so you get over the detox stage.
I want you to eat from natures organisms. Fruit and vegetables raw with nuts and seeds such as the raw food diet(google it). Get a notepad and observe your state of mind. Write down how it has changed you to eat from sometthing that supports you and its role on your state of mind.
Then i want you for a week to just eat man-made junk food and take-out as much as you can and then observe your state of mind and write it down in your notepad.
You can reverse it and do the junk one first but then detoxification may be worser.
You will understand earths role to humans and how it can effect your conciousness on a wide scale even globally. So when you give, you get back so much more. When you are given love you return love, this ripple effect is a stepping stone in helping to change the world.
As for should we have compassion for psycopaths yes we should if we come from a place of understanding.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Yup. And treat these bio-units as 'humanely' as possible until a cure could be found for them.

[edit on 2009-3-02 by pikypiky]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

But i would like to say that yes our thoughts combined can be creating what we don't want to see. This is where the wisdom behind love, forgiveness and compassion comes in, when you understand its proper place in the world and why it needs to thrive. So it benefits the whole world.
But we dont just need to change internally we also need to change externally. Our earth is its own organism and conciousness and we must respect that aswell or we drag it down with us even though it supports us.

We're actually on the same page in most understandings. I just have a big clash in between my spiritual side and the reality that there are many wolves in sheep skin who are screwing things up for the majority.

"our thoughts combined can be creating what we don't want to see"

This is the one I've got a problem with. It seems like an ideal perspective, but not having a bearing in reality. If we all were a loving people, psychopaths wouldn't exist. Agreed. This isn't the reality, though. They do exist.

Do you think that if nobody judged a psychopath, that they wouldn't exist?
I think the opposite is true. That because we allow them to in our ignorance, they flourish. Maybe not, though. Maybe they've always existed as a certain percentage, and will always do so.

I'm still not so sure about this all. I have found psychopaths have an inclination towards spirituality. I think it's because of the mind-manipulation, and control someone can have on another for being so lenient, and treating everyone so generally, and relative.

I'm actually starting to think that most spiritual teachers are psychopaths with a hidden agenda to dominate their prey. It sucks because I genuinely have spiritual yearnings, yet am so conflicted inside with this.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter

To my understanding, a psychopath has the perspective that only they exist!

Sounds like our society.

They have cold hearted reasoning, void of insight, and empathy. Their emotions are shallow, never truly experiencing fear, or love. From all of this, I gather they have no conscience whatsoever, and are inhumane, period!

Holy Cow, sounds like our society again.

Darn it, I think you are talking about our society.
No real news, but thanks anyway.

Greetings

Give me back my mind, thief!!

Just kidding, but for real, I see it everywhere. It would be easy to say that this is just a projection and it must be within me. Anyone who truly knows me, would say I'm probably one of the nicest guys they've ever met. It's not me. I see it. They exist!!

Not that most people are psycho, rather that they've been brainwashed to valuing sociopathic actions. They are our heroes, leaders, and celebrities. Not all of them, of course, but I suspect many are.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

But i would like to say that yes our thoughts combined can be creating what we don't want to see. This is where the wisdom behind love, forgiveness and compassion comes in, when you understand its proper place in the world and why it needs to thrive. So it benefits the whole world.

We're actually on the same page in most understandings. I just have a big clash in between my spiritual side and the reality that there are many wolves in sheep skin who are screwing things up for the majority.

"our thoughts combined can be creating what we don't want to see"

This is the one I've got a problem with. It seems like an ideal perspective, but not having a bearing in reality. If we all were a loving people, psychopaths wouldn't exist. Agreed. This isn't the reality, though. They do exist.

Do you think that if nobody judged a psychopath, that they wouldn't exist?
I think the opposite is true. That because we allow them to in our ignorance, they flourish. Maybe not, though. Maybe they've always existed as a certain percentage, and will always do so.

I'm still not so sure about this all. I have found psychopaths have an inclination towards spirituality. I think it's because of the mind-manipulation, and control someone can have on another for being so lenient, and treating everyone so generally, and relative.

I'm actually starting to think that most spiritual teachers are psychopaths with a hidden agenda to dominate their prey. It sucks because I genuinely have spiritual yearnings, yet am so conflicted inside with this.

You have spritual yearnings because its your gut feeling is it not? Which gut feeling or should i say intuition do we trust the most? The answer is only what you will know.
As for assuming guru's are psycopaths is only for your safety as you try to find the negative rather then the positive in your outlook.
Ask yourself do you need that guru to be your guide? Or would you rather empower yourself with the knowledge you pursue in despite of happiness.
I know by your answers you may only be in your early 20's(as im assuming of your young spiritual attitude and not your high intelligence) and still in a confused state as you discover the answers to life and life's problems. Alot of great thoughts rolling around in your head as you try to decipher them.
Alot of spiritualists will say to you to seek your higherself and there is great reason to as your higher self knows your thoughts and can asnwer them which is why you need to find a good meditation group to help you connect with your higherself. It all seems hard at first but the more wisdom you gather the more easier it can become.
As i say the state of mind is pretty complex and i think you are trying your best to find this out on your spiritual journey because your guides are pushing you to understand this aspect for your benefit maybe?
It could be that you need to understand it now so that later on it will become clear as to why you needed to know those answers. It may even lead you to help a psyopath or cure them one day you never know.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Just kidding, but for real, I see it everywhere. It would be easy to say that this is just a projection and it must be within me. Anyone who truly knows me, would say I'm probably one of the nicest guys they've ever met. It's not me. I see it. They exist!!

Not that most people are psycho, rather that they've been brainwashed to valuing sociopathic actions. They are our heroes, leaders, and celebrities. Not all of them, of course, but I suspect many are.

Hey, I agree with you entirely. Yep, this projection thing you mentioned above would definitely be easy. It reminds me of what I often hear: "you must be an orange to understand an orange" and all that super-wisdom

No, it only needs to be an open-minded person who has not been brainwashed into it, and then it all becomes so obvious, and it can be very depressing at times. But that's where we only agree again. Anyway, see you in the next thread

Greetings

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Um, I'm no expert on what makes a sociopath or a psychopath, but I have met, known and still know several people who have killed fellow human beings for various reasons that I'm sure fit into both of those categories.

Though I despised some things about them or what they had done I found them to be not much different than anyone else I've met in my time here on earth - with the exception that they were involved in situations that they either lost control of their emotions or they felt it was a kill or be killed scenario.

Even some of the most despicable people I've met I can see glimpses of good and I look at them as if there must be some way to get through and push that button that release the good out of them - that I'm certain exists.

I don't know maybe I'm a bit of a xpath myself as I absolutely loved the movie "Natural Born Killers".

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter

Hey, I agree with you entirely. Yep, this projection thing you mentioned above would definitely be easy. It reminds me of what I often hear: "you must be an orange to understand an orange" and all that super-wisdom

No, it only needs to be an open-minded person who has not been brainwashed into it, and then it all becomes so obvious, and it can be very depressing at times. But that's where we only agree again. Anyway, see you in the next thread

Greetings

Actually much wisdom derives from being a position and getting out of it in order to understand it. You cannot understand love without hate. You cannot understand darkness without light. Unity i believe is the key.
Ironically this is what unityemissions is trying to understand. As a psycopath according to him has no emotion of any sort to understand both sides. So how would you make a psychopath understand if they do not know right from wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
"Even some of the most despicable people I've met I can see glimpses of good and I look at them as if there must be some way to get through and push that button that release the good out of them - that I'm certain exists".

Actually this is what happened to me when i went on the raw food lifestyle the good came out in me.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Can't sleep. Too many thoughts rolling around.

Okay, as for the raw food diet. My disease (Pyroluria) actually causes me to be severely deficient in zinc and b6. One antagonist of zinc (copper) is found in high amounts in most fruits, veggies, and nuts, so I eat them sparingly.

I take more than a handful of vitamins daily, so should be okay with antioxidants. Plus I drink several cups of tea daily.

I agree that one can't know light without darkness, etc. I came to a realization of unity before I could speak. I think most everyone has this original perceptive ability. For some reason, it wasn't lost in myself until I hit puberty. I think most dissolve from this, shortly after speech develops.

I first became aware than nobody around me, save my genius friend, saw the world in the same light when I was 12. It was incredibly depressing. I'm now going through a second naive awakening now that I realize just how sociopathic the average individual is in my country.

It's been a very long process getting through this. I feel incredibly dumb. It's like most everyone else just accepts that people use each other, and it's just okay to do so. I'm just so saddened by such faulty perception. I feel as if I must fight this, in order to defeat it. That I must bring to light, how jacked up people are really acting. Is this all in vein? Am I just fooling myself, trying to fight fire with fire?

Maybe so. Maybe if I want to help rid the world of the illusion of separation, and lack, I must be that unity. Lead by example. Even if I get crushed, time and time again. I had the will at one point, but eventually broke after so much opposition.

Maybe I must accept that I can't change the world alone. I, myself, cause no change. Only through accepting the ultimate truth, can I once again transcend this world, and it's seemingly cruel inevitability.

Oh, and yeah I'm 26 years old. I most definitely need to solve this riddle, ASAP. It's been on my mind daily, for the last few years, and I still can't come to a final understanding on the matter.

It seems, as I drop my judgment, my guard goes along with it. I become a target for most people, both consciously and subconsciously. It's just hard to stay there when it seems the whole world is against the idea. When they see this as an evil! Then I start second guessing myself after becoming exhausted. I become judgmental once again. The cycle continues on. I'm so sick of it!

As for connecting to my guides, higher mind, I'm fairly certain that I'm in constant contact. Sometimes it's an immediate and amazing response to an internal question. Other times it's a response beyond words, yet equally amazing, and insightful.

I'm a lefty that's naturally intuitive. I feel people's energy, and actually trip people out. You know how people sometimes have an inclination to turn around and lock eyes with someone who was thinking of them? I do this constantly! I think it gets to some people, but most just ignore the "coincidence". Anyways, enough self talk, me ego is inflating to an undesirable size...

[edit on 2-3-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Yes.

They can't help how they are made. We should have compassion because it easily could have been us that is having that problem.

However, as we are compassionate, we should also be very, very sure to make sure that these psychopaths can't hurt anyone. Either by locking them up or - if they are too violent to handle - using the death penalty.

Safety first.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I am one of these unfortunates that has two relatives that are psycopaths...They are not really there...they are "programmed" to hurt and destroy...and they grab everything they can...Lies, cheating, jealousy and deffamation is a daily way of life. I can not keep up with all the damage they have caused to all of us. I treat them like they treat others now, use their weapon's against them, it seems to intimidate them into more humility! I have had to forget helping them out, cause I am more concerned with healing the ones they have abused. They are my mother and brother and they are just evil

[edit on 2-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Unless they have severe psychosis, you can not say they are without a full conscience. Everyone is born with one, and we dilute its strength through our actions. Psychopaths still hold basic human rights, but I think it's safe to say that they have shut themselves off almost completely from the light of God.

It's like in Dante's Inferno. In the 9th circle of Hell, there were people there who were still alive on Earth, but whose bodies were inhabited by demons. Dante didn't actually believe this happened, but it was his poetic way of saying that if you commit enough egregious sins, you've pretty much committed yourself to Hell and show little hope of turning to God.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Some things just can't be fixed. You can lock them away and treat them humanely, but they are incapable of living successfully in normal society, so why are we having this discussion?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Antisocial Personality Disorder

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join