It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if not I ask the mods to feel free to move it somewhere that I can get some answers or advice.

I have apparently stepped on some toes.

I don't know what I did, which I will get into the possibilities in a second.

At 03:40 AM within minutes of waking up I was standing at my refrigerator and the house phone began ringing. I thought to myself who could be calling at 3:40 in the morning? I did not answer it and let the phone ring. The name and number came up as unknown.

Within less than a minute between the time the house phone stopped ringing, 03:42, my cellphone in my bedroom began to ring. I thought to myself at this point that I should answer it, it might be a relative or friend needing some help.

So I answered it. The other end came in broken but I could make out someone attempting to talk on the other end. It was too broken to make out any words at all. I'm wanting to say the voice could of possibly been female.

At that time I had not paid close attention to the number. When the caller hung up I checked to see if the number came up as unknown. It had numbers but I didn't pay close attention to it yet.

I checked the house phone to see if I had gotten a message, there was one from 03:40. I checked the message which was silent. I went back to closely check the number on my cellphone closely so I could call back whoever it was.

The number was 1(234) 567-890.

I looked at that and at first it did not click. Then I realized I can't dial that its missing a number and then realized it was 1234567890 sequence. That is not a normal number.

I got online and found this.

123-456-7890 phone number comments:
whocallsme.com...

Two things this told me.

One. The call was from a Voice over Internet Protocol.

Two. Whoever made the calls was conducting surveillance of my home. They knew when I got up and called within minutes of me waking.

So now I sit here on alert wondering "What did I do?"

I can only think it was something I posted on ATS. I have never had anything happen like this before in my life.

I recently posted two things that have made me wonder did I step on some toes?

First was a post about agents on ATS.

How many "agents" are on ATS?

Enough to monitor and report any real threats or issues.

As for so called "disinfo agents", the government could care less. Any views or opinions expressed by such agents would be personal unless someone is gardening for HUMINT and building rapport with a potential source.

Agents are simply tools. They can be anyone that is recruited by a case officer. Any useful idiot can be an agent.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All this was is me using my current knowledge of how intel gathering works. I am not an agent and I don't pretend to be one.

The second post was this:

Pulsar based GPS: Galactic Positioning System
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which was a hypothesis I had came up with while reasoning the facts I had been given at a lecture.

Now if I stepped on some toes, I do apologize.

Yesterday I had also ran into a very strange person working at a store in a local mall. The guy spoke French to another customer and when I went to check out he started talking about his grandfather being in navy, u-boats in the gulf of mexico, and parts of the Philadelphia experiement. I have no idea if it was related, but it was real weird to say the least. I was polite and listened to him go on for a few minutes.

None of this is normal or routine.

I wasn't sure what to do, but I figured making a post to try to look for answers and advice.

At the very least someone could tell me I was just being silly, drive on and move out.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
somone is watching everything you do and listening to everything you say... sounds flattering. Some people just have no idea how to take such interest. If somone is going to kill you theres not a whole lot you can do to stop it. I doubt you are important enough to be watched at all by anyone.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i got 2 calls in a row in the middle of early morn one time.. 3-4 am

one from "haliburton" on caller ID..
and other from "U.S. Government"
when answered.. both were silent.

when i called the us gov one back the recording said this number is no longer in service .

grab your lucky rabit foot crawl into a corner in fetus position and rub that little rabbit foot till you fall asleep drenched in tears.

fun stuff.

-

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
No one ever calls me. You guys must be making threats or somthing. Doesnt make any sense somone would want to harass you.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
somone is watching everything you do and listening to everything you say... sounds flattering. Some people just have no idea how to take such interest. If somone is going to kill you theres not a whole lot you can do to stop it. I doubt you are important enough to be watched at all by anyone.

I was thinking that I should not be important enough to be watched.

I'm not engaged in any criminal or terrorist activity.

I would like to think it may of been a prank, but part of me wonders why would someone I know watch my house and call me over VoIP at 3:40 in the morning? I fail to see the humor or motivation for such a prank.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Some info I found.

Caution, 123-456-7890 is a "spoofed" number, which means that whoever called you "tricked" your caller ID to display an incorrect phone number. Telemarketers do this so you cannot complain, but they failed... you can still file a complaint here to fight back against unethical telemarketers.

More info Edit: looks like you've seen this website.
whocallsme.com...

Anyway I also read that it's a number that comes up if someone calls a phone from the internet somehow.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I checked your link and there's absolutely nothing untoward about the number that was calling you. People on the thread provided prosaic answers. I doubt you are under any type of surveillance and the timing of the call was no doubt coincidental. No need to worry mate. You can sleep well at night.

Perhaps some of the subjects on ATS are getting to you?

IRM

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It would be very premature at this point to believe that your home is under some sort of surveillance. Phone calls that manifest shortly after waking are not, in and of themselves, a sign of anything. The phone number itself is not verifiably from any particular source and could very well be from someone you know, according to the comments posted on the webpage you linked.

If you begin to notice a particular car following you or parking outside your home each day, your home is broken into or anything of that nature, you'll have cause for alarm. I think it would be wise to take a deep breath and calm down in the meantime

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

From what I have read the number comes from Voice Over Internet Protocol or phone calls made over the Internet.

One comment from whocallsme.com

I got two calls yesterday from (123) 456-7890--one at home and one on my work cell, which made me think I might actually know the person. I didn't answer and there was no message at either place. Looks like it was a fluke that they hit me on both phones (?)
seems comparable to what happened to me.

What really bothers me is the timing of the calls to my house phone and cellphone.

[edit on 1/3/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I appreciate the reassurances, maybe I am just being silly and it was just a coincidence.

It was still weird and spooked me pretty good. It was probably a good thing that I could not understand the call coming through. I would probably be even more spooked if it turned out like some of the comments on the whocallsme site.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Have you given your number to anyone on here?
Do you know anyone who goes in those prank call chat rooms?
Are your number's new?Are you in the phone book?

I was going to say it could be a telemarketer using VOIP to get around the do not call lists.
But they wouldn't waste there time calling at 3am.
If you were under surveillance, they would not call you.
That's a fact.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
hmmm, thats weird.

Do you usually get calls in the early hours of the morning or was it a one in a million chance?

If that was me I'd be starting to worry.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Have you given your number to anyone on here?
Do you know anyone who goes in those prank call chat rooms?
Are your number's new?Are you in the phone book?

I was going to say it could be a telemarketer using VOIP to get around the do not call lists.
But they wouldn't waste there time calling at 3am.
If you were under surveillance, they would not call you.
That's a fact.

No one on ATS has my phone number. The house phone is not in my name, not new and is unlisted. The house number is also on the Do Not Call list.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
hmmm, thats weird.

Do you usually get calls in the early hours of the morning or was it a one in a million chance?

If that was me I'd be starting to worry.

The last time I got a call between 1Am and 7Am it was from either friends or relatives. It was also months ago when the last time that happened.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The "Do Not Call List" can be circumvented by VOIP if I am not mistaken.. Especially as there is no real way to "Track" where the calls originate from.

I have been making Skype calls for a long while now, but I always alert whom I am calling to let them know about the number issue.

Well that and I don't all anyone at 3am

What worries me is the call to your home and then directly to your cell. That makes is less of a "Random" call and more personal

Semper

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I wouldnt worry about it mate, in the UK we get companies ringing at stupid times - landline & mobile phones that either ring a few times then stop or hang up when you answer. When i check the number as you did on whocallsme its always some sales or marketing company wanting to sell you a new mobile phone contract or something, i get loads of them, maybe not at 3 am but up to midnight.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

The "Do Not Call List" can be circumvented by VOIP if I am not mistaken.. Especially as there is no real way to "Track" where the calls originate from.

I have been making Skype calls for a long while now, but I always alert whom I am calling to let them know about the number issue.

Well that and I don't all anyone at 3am

What worries me is the call to your home and then directly to your cell. That makes is less of a "Random" call and more personal

Semper

The seemingly non randomness of it is what disturbs me.

I don't like it when coincidences start stacking up. The timing, housephone and cellphone.

It could all be just coincidence, but the odds of that I think would be high.

So I'm hoping it was somekind of prank. I still have issue with the motive for such a personal prank though.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Wow Mike, that's weird. I would have dismissed the home phone but the cell right after would bug me a bit. If you were under surveillance I doubt they would call you unless you have an overzealous stalk...ahem "secret admirer." Hopefully it's a friend who's bored and playing tricks on you. Maybe a friend was drunk dialing people from VoIP. You never know.

top topics

join