It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A civilization with it's roots in violence will fail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Every single society that has risen from the ashes of war will be consumed by them eventually. It's a historical fact. Look at all the civilizations in recorded history, how they operated and what has become of them, look at the present ones and how they act and where they are going. War is King and it is engrained in our psyche.

It doesn't work but we keep trying it like idiots with a severe case of amnesia.

Now in relation to the whole 2012 thing and the percieved (by some) enlightened revolution there are voices that say 'kill [whatever group] before we can continue on the path of spiritual enlightenment' What the? Stop it already. when you build a house and you want it strong you have to begin at the foundation, you make it strong and the house will stand, you make it weak and it will fall.

Killing for a homogeneous society will leave it vulnerable against anyone else with another idea coming up later in time, what do you want to do then? Kill that group? Kill everyone that has other, possible misguided ideas? Put them in re-education camps? Just shove them away where they don't 'infect' anyone else with their ideas?

But what are the alternatives? What kind of civilization can bear the brunts or even prosper with the diversification of the human perseption of life and it's path for everone?

I think a nice starting point is using the GNH ( Gross National Happiness ) instead of the economic equivalent (GNP). Because some people are very happy while living in a shack just wandering around a wood all day. but that would bring down the GNP. Would that person care? No ithink not.

But this is just one thought, share yours.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I agree with you my friend, 100%. You can even see it on these boards. People get angry and argue about things just because we've been so conditioned that we're separate from other people, and need to show that separateness as often as we can. We've been trained to believe our ego is us, when in fact our ego is just our ego, and we are us. Ever said something to somebody, and then thought "Why did I say that cruel thing to him".

That is your true self watching your ego. Your true self cannot be harmed by others opinions, or anything happening in the world. Your true self doesn't separate others from you - it brings them closer. Once you realize everyone deserves your full love, no matter what they said, no matter who they are - the world will become an amazing place. It's already happening.

The government knows this, and tries to inflate all of our egos while diminishing our true selves. Drugs that open our minds, come from the earth, and make us appreciate all beauty in everyone and everything are illegal. Drugs like alcohol, and cigarettes only dumb our true selves down. Drugs from the earth, and make us love everyone and everything are illegal. Think there's a reason for that?

If we all stopped hating each other and separating ourselves from each other, the government could never win. their tactic is fear, and it works to the common person. During these next few years we have to not be fearful of anything at all, not matter how bad they are going to try and make it seem.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the support and extra insight sh1fty
Appreciated. Inflated ego's is a big part of the problem. The ego is a good thing to have but like i read somewhere ( not sure where, everything seems to blend together
) Letting the Ego take permanent charge of your actions is like letting middle-management control the whole corporation, not really the best thing you could do.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why is it that when i open a topic it falls dead on arrival? Is it the way i bring it?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Definetly an overlooked and underestimated post.

I completely agree with everthing you are saying and observation is the only evidence needed.

But, just to further the discussion slightly, What would be the cause of all this violence, you suggest capitilism (measured by gdp) but could violence and capitilism be a result of man's natural instinct to dominate. If so, what could we do to curtail these problems?

I believe that green energy movement has the capability to encourage the better part of man's caring nature. Obviously, caring has nothing to do with capitalism and could cause its downfall (but never fully end it). And, if captilalism is the cause of violence then violence could also decrease.

I guess i am just saying that maybe the world can not change until man is fundamentally capable and ready to change first.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We will be neutralized by aliens if they knew how evil we really are. Aliens shoud come down and spank humanity so that they stop being so hatful

Mod Edit -

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by El Macho

I don't know how it got to aliens but here is a thought.

Why is it that people want to believe that there is some great race that doesnt have any problems and are perfect. This concept seems very niave and human.

Maybe there isnt... maybe these alien races have the same problems of finding meaning in their lives and their world.

For instance, if an alien race did want to destroy us... what would make them better than we are in terms of violence. What would they learn from our destruction? These are the complexities of life that even aliens don't know the answer to.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicYahtzee
Definetly an overlooked and underestimated post.

Thanks for the bump!

I completely agree with everthing you are saying and observation is the only evidence needed.

But, just to further the discussion slightly, What would be the cause of all this violence, you suggest capitilism (measured by gdp) but could violence and capitilism be a result of man's natural instinct to dominate. If so, what could we do to curtail these problems?

It is a bit of a chicken egg story i think. Has capitalism 'inspired' us to be who we are or is capitalism created because of our instictive inclination to dominate? I suspect it is capitalism that forced us in a 'survival mode' of being top dog and that another system build up with the eye on cooperation will be able to set us free creatively with the result that society as a whole will be more harmonious and less prone to keeping the satus quo the way it is and stagnate or turn violent.

I believe that green energy movement has the capability to encourage the better part of man's caring nature. Obviously, caring has nothing to do with capitalism and could cause its downfall (but never fully end it). And, if captilalism is the cause of violence then violence could also decrease.

I guess i am just saying that maybe the world can not change until man is fundamentally capable and ready to change first.

Change is hard and maybe at some level it has been made into something to avoid and look like a bad thing, the preservation of the way things are are most important at the top levels where the power lies, the rest of the 80/90% should be jumping at the chance of turning things around.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

All mankind has roots in violence and will fail - a foregone conclusion.

We were programmed to do this, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Yeah but programming suggests the possibility to rise above the programming, we are not brainless drones just adhering to programming, we can make our own decisions, turn a new leaf so to speak. That some may argue that the actual chances are slim to none is a different story and it may be to little to late or we 'just' need a rude awakaning to spring us into this new way of thinking, some bizarre orgy of global violence that cures everyone of the malignant piece of programming.

I'd rather have a nice and quiet road to some peaceful society but history suggests old ideas die hard and this core'value' of violence is inherently prone to duke it out.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Harman]

new topics

top topics

join