It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Kills his own story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Titor fans have a huge knack for pretending they hear only the part of the argument that they can either just make up or rearrange. I would like to offer them the opportunity to stand the test of logic, one piece at a time. Now, anyone that just wants to play smarty pants or ridicule anyone who may doubt the holy time traveller will simply run around the logic with insults and exclamations of "go research yourself." Well, sorry but I have. I have done all the research there is to do on this man and there are still many questions. I will start with the obvious ones. The ones that anyone can just go and look up. There is a method to this madness. Either you support Titor and are willing to play along and prove me an idiot, or you will deflect and insult. The ball is in your court.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Question 1:

What exactly was the purpose of Titor's trip through time to begin with - as in, who put him up to it, who funded it, who's decision was it, and what was the purpose.

Any answers that fit into there and also fit the actual Titor archives I have will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

Wasnt he going back into time to retrive some type of computer that had a code they needed? I dont know why he would need to spend decades trying to find a program in "time" when it only took less than a few years to write it.

well i should say alternate realitys.... his own timeline didnt contain the object.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Hi.

I'm not a believer by any means and I've done a bit of research too because hell man - it's interesting.

To answer your first question.

What exactly was the purpose of Titor's trip through time to begin with - as in, who put him up to it, who funded it, who's decision was it, and what was the purpose.

John Titor claimed that he was part of the "military" from the year 2036. He claimed he was sent to the year 1975 to get an IBM 5100 computer system. Supposedly there was some type of hidden "backdoor code" in the workings of the computer the people of 2036 needed.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Hi.

I'm not a believer by any means and I've done a bit of research too because hell man - it's interesting.

To answer your first question.

John Titor claimed that he was part of the "military" from the year 2036. He claimed he was sent to the year 1975 to get an IBM 5100 computer system. Supposedly there was some type of hidden "backdoor code" in the workings of the computer the people of 2036 needed.

You come close enough. Now for question 2

How exactly did time travel work according to Titor? When he reached a destination, what happened then to the timeline he just appeared in?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Man, if you have something to say, just say it.
Stop dancing around with 20 question that can be answered by simply reading www.johntitor.com

What do you want out of all this?

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending
Question 1:

Any answers that fit into there and also fit the actual Titor archives I have will be greatly appreciated.

He came back in order to find an IBM 5100 computer due to it's relatively unknown feature (at the time) to translate code between different operating systems. This ability is needed in the future to debug various legacy (outdated but still works so why change it , EX. NASA) systems. He was chosen as he claimed to be related to one of the techs in IBM at the time.

I believe his mission was military in nature.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
John Titor has not traveled through time.

I can say this quite certainly, for I am John Titor.

Look at how easy it is to say anything online....

My mommy's mammals eat chickpeas and dandelions and macaroni and cheese is the new president of peekaboo town.

I just really don't for one second believe that this person is a man from another time, because what would he be doing sidetracking his mission by going online and telling the internet community about his mission?! What significance does stroking your ego have in accomplishing the mission? If this was a government funded mission, was this future government perhaps a descendent of TMZ, Weekly World News, or Entertainment Tonight? Oh god.... the horrors of a future ruled by tabloid outlets, gossip, and rumors.

Oh wait....we're IN that future!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As to how the technology worked i dont know. there are an infinte number of parralell timelines in titors reality. They just find one that matches something that would signify that timeline had followed the disired path.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If Titor was real I think he would have violated some protocol of time travel which would have caused another traveler to return and eliminate the traces he left.

This might be the purpose of those who do not believe in this story and state such.

Given the loop hole of time lines, if any of this is true, then talking or warning about the future could well be a waste of time or even harmful as the future may well never be as spoken of by the traveler.

My belief is that it was simply an internet hoax. Once again those few who claim to have the real facts or proof of his existence stay mum.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If he was supposed to go back to 1975, what the hell is he doing here in the present? Could he just not get back to his own time? Also, if this IS an alternate timeline, he wouldn't know jack squat about it because every action has an infinite number of possible outcomes. If there are NOT alternate timelines, that just opens up a whole pandoras box of paradoxes and loopholes.

BOGUS

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
If he was supposed to go back to 1975, what the hell is he doing here in the present?

He stated he stopped on the way back to see his parents for personnell reasons.

Could he just not get back to his own time?

Yes

Also, if this IS an alternate timeline, he wouldn't know jack squat about it because every action has an infinite number of possible outcomes.

Infinite means that there are also an infinite number of timelines that are almost exactly the same. If you could hop into one of these timelines that is almost identical you could do whatever you wanted and not have to worry about paradox. He said that our timeline was about 2% off from his. 2% of infinity is a LOT OF DIFFERENCES, so I think his math was off.

If there are NOT alternate timelines, that just opens up a whole pandoras box of paradoxes and loopholes.

He said it aint like that though.

BOGUS

I dunno. I don't think it's true and I don't think it's a hoax. I think it's an interesting story worth paying more attention too.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Tiloke]

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There isn't an infinite number of time lines. Some of them collapse, and laws of energy conservation cause them to meld with each other at those points. There is an infinite number of POTENTIAL time lines. Which is a different thing altogether.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You come close enough. Now for question 2

How exactly did time travel work according to Titor?

He had a device that contained 2 micro-singularities. Bu injecting minute quanities of matter into the singularities the device create a "wormhole" between the 2, creating a bubble of normal gravity inside of that everything would be transported into an alternate timeline. Cesium clocks were used for timing and gravity censors were used for spatial orientation

When he reached a destination, what happened then to the timeline he just appeared in?

Nothing. You may be misunderstanding him. He said he knew it was different by his being here, meaning that in his timeline, there was no history of a time traveler appearing in the late 90's on the internet. I guess it is possible his arrival may have created this alternate timeline.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
Man, if you have something to say, just say it.
Stop dancing around with 20 question that can be answered by simply reading www.johntitor.com

What do you want out of all this?

Peace

All of you to calm the heck down. I have tried to have a civil conversation about this over and over and all I ever get is circular logic and outright lies. I am trying to nicely go point by point so that we have no room for all this circular roundabout BS but I see you all just could not wait. Instead of coming in here to prove Titor is real, You all came to flame me. How does that help?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Question 1:

He came back in order to find an IBM 5100 computer due to it's relatively unknown feature (at the time) to translate code between different operating systems. This ability is needed in the future to debug various legacy (outdated but still works so why change it , EX. NASA) systems. He was chosen as he claimed to be related to one of the techs in IBM at the time.

I believe his mission was military in nature.

Right, we got that answer thanks.

I believe we have moved on to question two so you can all stop answering question one. There is only one answer to it, all the rest is crap you all make up to make this all seem believable.

Can we stick to the actual topics at hand or are we just going to get into that Titor Bulldozer and run right over this thread?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
John Titor has not traveled through time.

I can say this quite certainly, for I am John Titor.

Look at how easy it is to say anything online....

My mommy's mammals eat chickpeas and dandelions and macaroni and cheese is the new president of peekaboo town.

I just really don't for one second believe that this person is a man from another time, because what would he be doing sidetracking his mission by going online and telling the internet community about his mission?! What significance does stroking your ego have in accomplishing the mission? If this was a government funded mission, was this future government perhaps a descendent of TMZ, Weekly World News, or Entertainment Tonight? Oh god.... the horrors of a future ruled by tabloid outlets, gossip, and rumors.

Oh wait....we're IN that future!

Great!!!!!

I agree. I think it is great that not everyone is a zombie willing to believe any fantasy they see in an Australian commercial but still, this thread is not for protesting how little we believe him. This thread is for his fans to have the opportunity to prove him true. Not that I do not appreciate your view, I just think we have more Titor threads with people like you and myself just calling him a liar. I want to let his fans prove it for us.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
As to how the technology worked i dont know. there are an infinte number of parralell timelines in titors reality. They just find one that matches something that would signify that timeline had followed the disired path.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titor told us EXACTLY how it works. Please go study up.

If you want to believe in time travel and all the ways it may make sense, great. This thread is about Titor and he already gave us the rules so stick to them or forget this hoaxer.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
If Titor was real I think he would have violated some protocol of time travel which would have caused another traveler to return and eliminate the traces he left.

This might be the purpose of those who do not believe in this story and state such.

Given the loop hole of time lines, if any of this is true, then talking or warning about the future could well be a waste of time or even harmful as the future may well never be as spoken of by the traveler.

My belief is that it was simply an internet hoax. Once again those few who claim to have the real facts or proof of his existence stay mum.

Again, great point. I really appreciate the support and to see others are feeling as I do....but.....did you read the OP?

I asked specific questions of his fans. Please, people, let them come hang themselves on their own rope and then come back and announce how you "feel" about Titor. Please, I do not mean to be rude, it is a favor.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
If he was supposed to go back to 1975, what the hell is he doing here in the present? Could he just not get back to his own time? Also, if this IS an alternate timeline, he wouldn't know jack squat about it because every action has an infinite number of possible outcomes. If there are NOT alternate timelines, that just opens up a whole pandoras box of paradoxes and loopholes.

BOGUS

Oh but come on, he says that when he gets here, there is only a 2% divergence so most things would seem familiar. If that made any sense or was logical or could be explained at all, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join