It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lansing Michigan, Mayor Rants Out on Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I thought Mayor Bernaro was pretty much spot on with his rant. I like that he basically used the MSM to get the truth out there and I think it's pretty obveous that he wasn't following what Fox news had planned.

IMO this is another example that there is tension between the States and DC. He did a good job in creating that seed that DC is disconnected not only with the States but the people.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Also this clip is refreshing because here we have a politician who grew up blue collar and who gets it. It seems to me that he hasn't forgotton his roots and is in touch with the people who he serves. It's nice to see that on local levels we still have some representitves looking out for us.

Also I think his points about the the unions are valid. Although the unions haven't been perfect they certainly have provided US workers a quality life. Not only for union workers but it also helped raise the bar for non union workers over the years. If you think wages outside the industry are bad now, wait until we have a country with no unions that set a standard. Once the union are gone we will all be working for even less peanuts regardless of what industry you are in.. Becareful for what you wish for. Which is sad because over the last few months I've seen quite the hatred and jelousy for union workers based on what they should be making vs other industries.

Remember, this is exactly what the Feds are banking on, class warefare. Another divide and conquer tatic.

join