It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'ready for all-out confrontation' with South

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

North Korea

www.abc.net.au

North Korea said it was ready for war with the South, just hours before US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is set to arrive in Seoul for talks on defusing the North's military threat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
More sabre rattling?
Or a prelude to something more serious? Is North Korea positioning itself to gain more concessions for a later date? Or is this just more posturing from a shunned state before the S of S Hillary Clinton,touches down in Seoul?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
North Korea is batshiat crazy. The problem is that only China can take care of them.

South Korea can't or Seoul will be reduced to ashes with millions dead. NATO can't or Seoul will be wiped out.

NATO needs to come forward with South Korea and ask China to solve this problem once and for all.

North and South unified. NATO and China can't go in, Korea would have limits to weapons they can have, like Japan.

Unified Korea and peace achieved.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What a horrible regime to threaten the people of another country in that way. Sounds like the boy who cried wolf if you know what I mean. I bet they are ready for another free supply ship to make them quiet down again. Yes, their language does sound familiar.

[edit on 2/18/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I really think if they were serious they wouldn't be threatening. Why would anyone want to give his enemy a chance to be prepared for any attack?

Just ask them what they want this time so we can put this one behind us.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hey looks like We will be having a draft sometime in the future... Thats right there is change You can believe in ....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The reason why i posted this,is that the Korean peninsula has been in an unresolved state for over half a century.

What can be done to resolve this in an adult manner?Should this be resolved by the international community? Or should it be left to the Koreans themselves to sort out?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I smell more fear mongering then anything.
N Korea is all talk as for now.......they have been told to cease their Nuclear Arms programs..and it looks like they are.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

US withdraws all its troops, signs peace treaty with North Korea, accepts it as a communist state and let the North and South work out their own problems. Once US backs out, China will back out and N Korea won't have much choice but to get along with its neighbors.

The jam321 peace plan has been proposed.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

US withdraws all its troops, signs peace treaty with North Korea, accepts it as a communist state and let the North and South work out their own problems. Once US backs out, China will back out and N Korea won't have much choice but to get along with its neighbors.

I think you might be right about that and I wouldn't be suprised to see that come to pass. Does any country REALLY want to go into more debt fighting over this super power proxy war anymore? We are friends, more or less, with Russia and China these days.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

My Korean war history is a bit rusty,but wouldn't all parties that partook of the war on the peninsula have to sign an armistice?

(cant remember if there was a formal declaration at the cessation of hostilities)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wrong. Once US backs out China will go in. Why would they back out as well? Wouldnt happen i promise you.

Originally posted by jam321

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

If China wanted that land they would have taken over a long time ago. They only butt in cause the US is there. Korea is more about the US China than the North and South. China doesn't want the US in its back yard just like we wouldn't want China in ours.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter
reply to post by jam321

My Korean war history is a bit rusty,but wouldn't all parties that partook of the war on the peninsula have to sign an armistice?

(cant remember if there was a formal declaration at the cessation of hostilities)

No
The war technically hasn't ended. All combatants must agree then the withdrawal can begin in earnest.

I don't see this happening besides Little Kimmy just needs some attention is all.
Somebody throw him a rattle.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
you know, south korea isn't the little runt anymore. they have a bit of clout these days.
not that there's ever a winner in a nuke toss, but south korea isn't the little farm hen anymore.

and yes, north korea (the main figure head) is a walking doorknob. he should be punished for crimes against humanity.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It wouldnt surprise me if they are attempting to put a nuclear payload within the Taepong II, er whatever they have been activley working on last 3 weeks.

I always thought they were the biggest threat to upset peace with MASSIVE causalities, because they have never stopped being at war with the south or u.s.. nothing was ever written up. Also, King Jong Il is dead, or dying, and just wants to do what his predecessors never done.

He wants to go down in History.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I Also, King Jong Il is dead, or dying, and just wants to do what his predecessors never done.

He wants to go down in History.

heck, he'll go down in the books. he's one of largest importers of hennessy there is, if not the largest...

[edit on 2/18/2009 by zooplancton]

top topics

join