It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities You Are Related To

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I was thinking we could post celebrities we are closely related to or distantly related to. I will start with 1:

Kyndra Mayo - the "bitch" of Laguna Beach

[edit on 18-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sir Walter Raleigh....you know, the coat over the mud puddle for the queen story.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

That's awesome!

Are you and your immediate family still Protestant?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My family is Protestant though I grew up in a parochial Catholic school. Several years ago (20) I parted ways with the Roman Catholic Church and just follow the Bible now. My only concern is if the church I attend strictly follows the teaching held in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't know anyone I'm related to even indirectly who is famous, but my other half is a descendant of Captain Henry Morgan, the pirate....how cool is that! I guess that makes me a pirate's ancestor's wife!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My family tree traces back to Sir Isaac Newton.

I always thought that was neat. Ive heard before that He was into the "alternative" subjests too.

Im not sure if I am related to anyone else famous. Although My sister is good friends with the cousion of Christina Ricci...

[edit on 18-2-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Not really a celeb, but the closest thing I can think of is this.

I'm related to Judge Edward Blythin. Who was the Judge in the famous trial of Sam Shepard that had a lot of media attention.

* Many believe that the television series The Fugitive and the later motion picture of the same name were loosely based on Sheppard's story, though this has always been denied by their creators.

* The crime that leads to the imprisonment of the main character in Stephen King's novella Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption (as well as the subsequent film The Shawshank Redemption) bears many similarities to the Sheppard case.

* The TV series Cold Case episode "Schadenfreude" is based on this case.

* The TV series American Justice also produced an episode based on this case.

* The TV series Notorious also has an episode about this case titled "The Sam Sheppard Story".

Edward Blythin (October 10, 1884–February 14, 1958) was an American politician and jurist of the Republican party who served as the 46th mayor of Cleveland, Ohio.

Welsh-born Blythin began his professional career in the coal industry of his native country, working as a bookkeeper. In 1906, he emigrated, ending up in Cleveland, Ohio, where he landed another bookkeeping job, for a real estate agency, a job he held for 10 years. During this time, he attended Cleveland Law School at night, earning his law degree in 1916.

Blythin then turned to the practice of law. In 1935, Blythin accepted appointment as an assistant to the Cleveland city law director. He became law director in 1940. In January 1941, when Harold H. Burton resigned as Cleveland mayor in order to take a seat in the United States Senate, Blythin, as law director, automatically succeeded Burton to the mayor's office. In November, however, Blythin failed to win election to the seat, losing to Democrat Frank Lausche.

In 1943, Blythin left private law practice to accept an executive position at Western Reserve University.

In 1949, Blythin was elected to a judgeship in the Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Court of Common Pleas, where he served until his death. During his tenure on the court, Blythin presided over the notorious murder trial of Sam Sheppard. His stewardship of the trial was later overturned by the United States Supreme Court which termed the trial "a Roman Holiday." In fact, famous columnist Dorothy Kilgallen reputedly wrote that in a private conference just prior to the trial beginning, Blythin told her, in his opinion, Sheppard was guilty. Some of his critics wagged that Blythin's Welsh accent became more pronounced as he got older.

Abstract:
On July 4, 1954, Marilyn Sheppard, the wife of a handsome thirty-year-old doctor, Sam Sheppard, was brutally murdered in the bedroom of their home in Bay Village, Ohio, on the shore of Lake Erie. Sam Sheppard denied any involvement in the murder and described his own battle with the killer he described as bushy-haired.

Did Sam do it? It's rare for a murder mystery to endure for over half a century. Almost always, if the mystery is not fully resolved at the trial, subsequent admissions, previously uncovered clues, or more sophisticated forensic tests reveal what the trial did not. Not so with the Sam Sheppard case. Facing two different juries, twelve years apart, Sam Sheppard was found guilty by one jury, not guilty by the next. Even over the past decade, partisans continued the debate. A third jury in 2000, asked to consider awarding the Sheppard family damages for wrongful imprisonment, sided with county prosecutors. In 2001, a book on the Sheppard case concluded that Sam was clearly innocent. Two years later, another book on the case argued just as forcefully that the first jury got it right: Sam was guilty as charged.

Apart from the large unanswered question of guilt, the Sheppard case deserves to be considered among the nation's most famous because it produced a landmark U. S. Supreme Court decision on fair trial rights and launched the career of a flamboyant young defense attorney named F. Lee Bailey. The case is also is remarkable for the unlikely collection of notable figures that touched the case, including columnist and quiz show star Dorothy Kilgallen, Cleveland Browns quarterback and NFL Hall-of-Fame member Otto Graham, and chief Nazi propagandist, Joseph Goebbels. The case also was widely associated with a popular early 60s' television show, The Fugitive.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Sir Walter Raleigh....you know, the coat over the mud puddle for the queen story.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow, how do people trace their family tree so far back? I have no idea what my family history is really. I wouldn't know where to start. It would probably be easier to trace my Welsh side, but it might be way harder to trace my moroccan side, hmm.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My family had it done professionally.

I attempted to trace a different side of my family on Ancestry.com a few years ago. You fill in the names and dates in your family that you know and they will link you up to others in the same tree. You can then merge your tree with theirs. I did this a few times and started reading back and back and back...finding I had royalty all through my ancestos. King after queen after prince and duke...etc. I decided was going to Europe to claim my thrown....I kept reading until I found Cain and his brother Abel..then Adam himself. It was then that I knew there would be no coronation.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

LOL, what? so your conclusion is to get it done professionally?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No doubt.

I finally deleted that tree and produced another one based on true historic records including military, marriage, death and census records....which can be found on that site as well as others. But I could only get back to King Solomon...just kidding about the last part.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
No doubt.

I finally deleted that tree and produced another one based on true historic records including military, marriage, death and census records....which can be found on that site as well as others. But I could only get back to King Solomon...just kidding about the last part.

LOL

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll find out one day when I'm really bored haha.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I wasn't going to bring this up, but I'd like you to meet Rev. John Mayo's/my line's 10th cousin:

Behold - George W. Bush

[edit on 18-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
One of my ancestors was the Sheriff of Nottingham around the time of Robin Hood...

The other two I can't name as they have the same last name, and not looking to put that out there so much...but neither were all that famous.

One's an actor during the 50's - 70's who would be recognized, but likely wouldn't know his name off the top of your head, and the other basically succeeded in what Amelia Earhart died attempting (yet Amelia's got more fame, hehe)...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i went to research my family tree but the squirrels kept throwing nuts at me.heres some now:w:
seriously,though,i found someone had already done our tree back to a man from england b.1607.apparently dolly parton has gr-gr-gr-uncle who was cousins with my gr-gr-gr-gr uncle.been told but haven't proven a relation to john and john quincy adams.also daniel boone had a sidekick by the name of gideon gibson they say i'm kin to.apparently his part was played by ablack man on the tv show which ticked off my granddaddy no end.it was a while back and my crowd is extremely southern.which really makes me question the 2 yankee presidents::shk: oh yeah!and Jesus!aren't we all?

[edit on 2/19/2009 by wehere]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm related to John Holmes. The resemblence is striking I'm told.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

LOL
though I admit that I can't tell if you are completely joking or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am a decendent of someone who owned the hope diamond, I figured it out though, slim chance I would of gotten it, though I wouldn't want that creepy thing anyways.

I am a distant cousin of Mark Twain, includinga cousin VA governor.

And supposedly a decendent of one of the girls in the painting the Sargent Family, though the proof is still being worked out. But supposedly it is the girl playing on the floor.

It is funny, my mom has recently gotten into genealogy and you find amazing stuff. Found out my step father is a not too distant relative of the beach boys, and the family never knew.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You would be surprised when you start digging what you find.

My mom was just chatting with some guy in England. Come to find out both of their aunts were best friends in Wisconsin. We are on the east coast.

you find all sorts of fun tidbits.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Dr Love

though I admit that I can't tell if you are completely joking or not.

Do I look like I'm joking?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join