It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do children see ghosts more then we do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If you wife knew how things like the blonde lady would help her son she wouldn't be freaked out. She would feel relieved knowing he had a protector.

I'll give you an example. Last year during the night we had a bad storm. The next morning I was going to work. It was still dark out. I live out in the country. Right before I get to the highway there is a slight hill with curve in it. I was about half way to highway when I heard his voice telling me to watch out for the tree.

I slowed down thinking what tree? Good thing I slowed down as I topped the small hill as the road started to curve there was a big tree down on my side of the road. I was going slow enough that I safely could go into the other lane and miss the trunk of the tree. The top branches brushed against the side of my truck but that was a lot better than if I would of been going at my normal speed and hit the trunk dead on. Or tried to swerve at the last moment and lost control on the rain slick roads.

More than not I hear his voice inside my head. When I see him while hearing his voice I listen and listen close because what he is telling me very very important. He tells me when people come into my life if there is something about them I should know they don't tell. He tells me when friends or family need something.

What I don't recommend is going around telling people you have someone like this in your life. I can speak freely on here because you wouldn't know me on the street. Very few people in my life know about this person.

Those people that I did tell I ended up having to tell because I told them things that they needed to know to help them. Other wise they'd probably look at me like I was crazy and think..okay she's harmless crazy but harmless.

People that don't know if you have help telling you things do realize that you seem to know what they want to know so bad about situations. I have times when I just don't answer my phone because its like everyone seems to have problems at the same time and I fell like they use me as a 1-900 free psychic.

They also look at your life and consider you to be either blessed or just born lucky. Sometimes you wonder if you are blessed or lucky when you feel you have to keep a big part of your life a secret so people won't use you.

So there is a plus side to the blonde lady but there is a minus side also. Not because of her but because of people.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I think children stay more in the alpha and theta frequencies than adults do. When we are learning and doing task that take a lot of thinking our brains cycle into the beta range.

That probably explains why I've kept my person all these years because when I don't have to think (they pay me to do that at work) I just let my mind go duh.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

This is what I am trying to figure out. though with younger kids" it is not malicious, they have to make things up to make sense of the world. it is how they adapt to all the information that is coming in. Monsters are really just their way of saying they are frightened of the unknown.

Since their vocabulary is so limited, they just put things how they see them. So monsters are scarey so they see monsters.

but my son has also reported seeing things that there is no way he could know.

So it is hard to say.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You really think a child can handle seeing so called 'Ghosts' ? Please.

Children are very sensitive to patterns and shadows , their imagination is running 100 miles an hour.and theres no proof ghosts are real , but a childs imagination is. Im not a parent but i hear people say their child talks to 'spirits and ghosts' and i believe that is total rubbish. These kids make friends with figurines , nothing and shadows.

A child seeing a ghost/demon/spirit .... that would destroy them mentally for life. Heck , even WE grown ups would run away screaming if ghosts did exist and we saw one , so what makes you think a children handle seeing one ?

Edit: Your child is NOT special. Children seek attention and will do it any way possible.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by nasacarl]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl

Aren't most fears children have taught to them?

How would a child know they are to be afraid of something when they don't know what is considered normal?

I also don't know how someone can say or not say what a child sees is nothing more than shadows if they can't see it anyway.

Wouldn't those shadows more than likely still be there for the parent to see and explain to the child what it really is?

Even if its shadows created by a cars headlights as it goes down the road I'm sure more than one car would go down that road so the parent could also see the shadow.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

Anything can scare a child. The parent will say its ok 'The boogey man is gone' because they know deep down that there's no such thing and the kid is just imagining things , caused by a sudden burst of insecurity.

Im sure maybe there's a couple of kids who might actually see something but it could most probably be put down to hallucination or a bad dream.
And sure maybe the parents do sit and explain to the kid that cars can cause shadows , but never underestimate the power of a childs imagination.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl

Are you sure there is no such thing as the boogey man?

Any more I don't dare say there isn't no such thing as anything anymore. Maybe sanity in the world ..no I still see some of that once in a while.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My thoughts and experiences.

I have rarely seen "spirits". I know when I did see them, that what I say was a "spirit". I had a close friend that has seen "spirits" all of her life. She played with them when she was a kid. She was 30+ at the time.
One thing she did not do until I suggested it, was "talk to the spirits". She tried it one evening when I was with her. You need to ask a question. If the spirit doesn't answer re-word the question. She would close her eyes and she would see a blackboard. After she asked the question, the answer (all at once) would appear upon the blackboard. I would hear a voice in the very center of my brain, that would tell me the answer.
I would ask her what did you hear? She would tell me. It would be the same answer that I heard. The next evening we decided each one of us would write the answers down to our questions. We did and are answers matched. We did this 2 or 3 times a week for about 5 to 7 months. About 10% of the time our answers would not match. So, we would change the question and ask again. We would both receive the same answer the next time.

Parents, do you suggest to your child to ask a question? What question? Do you ask the question when you are there with your child? What do you do after you ask the question? If the spirit doesn't answer the question?

Finally, Once you open the door you cannot close it later. Meaning once the child asks a question, what's stopping him/her from asking other "spirits" other questions?
Best to be prepared for the worst!!
Do your best to keep the fear down to a minimum. If the fear starts growing say a 2 or 3 line joke. Have a joke for the child, also. Any "bad" spirits will be gone by the time you finish the joke. Have the joke memorized before you ask any question.
Any questions, I'll respond to a U2U or this thread.

It is.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Children tend to remember their pass lives until age 4 when they start socializing enough to be comfortable with their new identities and their personalities take shape.

Yes I remember that I could see people that others could not see when i was a child.

As I got older the visions started to get less clear and then it was only shadows.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
We act according to our surroundings, seen or unseen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join