It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Podcasting vs. Youtube 'vodcasting'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
G'day!
I don't know if many of you remember me, but I was one of the first podcasters here on ATS back in the day when there used to be a Skeptic Overview once a month (edit: or was it weekly even?!?), and enough podcasts to actually fill up a half-hour slot with.
I've been noticing over the past couple of months that the ATS podcasting scene seems to have died in the perverbial butt... I'm curious as to what happened in between 2005 and 2008 that saw the slowing down of ATS podcasting? I was quite sure that it was going to take off and be a very popular medium, but then along came YouTube.

Being able to have visual aids and hotlinks in videos when talking about a topic, seems to have outshone the portability of the podcast. When ATS podcasting started, I was at uni and used to listen to the podcasts in the morning on the train, before ipods were cool. Needless to say, everyone thought I was crazy for laughing at these 'podcast things'.

So, my question is... How many people that frequent ATS, also troll YouTube for conspiracy-related topics?

[edit on 16/2/2009 by nrky]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Your prayers have been answered!

Now you can Vidcast at ATS's own Media Portal

Go for it. No need for Youtube anymore

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
...OH HELLZ YEAH!

Finally, I can combine my two great loves... ATS, and making videos of myself because I love the sound of my own voice! HOORAY! ^__^

Hey, whaddya know, there's even a 'BTS' section in there.
Hopefully this picks up better than the podcasting has over the past five years.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have made a few podcasts here and there, but they suck so bad they don't get much play.

Hopefully our members here do a much better job than I could ever have.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hey nrky,thought you were still around.I have had alot on my plate in the last two years but i still manage to get the music up.I am actually working on the scarecrow report right now and hope it will be up and out of the way soon so i can get working on the new episodes.So know that im still here and podcasting,its just been a few years since i was able to devote any time and concetration to them. CHEERS!

[edit on 19-2-2009 by toraylin]

[edit on 19-2-2009 by toraylin]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey it's toraylin! Long time no see mate! LOL, glad to see some of the old ATS podcasters are still floating around.
I'm doing fulltime study starting next week, so I'm gonna have a bit o free time to get back into my regular video making (which I went on to do on youtube after ATS podcasting died in the glutes), hoping to do a weekly conspiracy show to complement my video-blogcasts.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Nice Work Nrky i had wondered what had happened to you.Wasnt sure if you were banned or.... hahaha.Oh the times anyways glad to see you went on to do video im working on a new site and working out something to go along with the video wave.Id like to find a way to stick to my format in the video world the only way i think is to go with graphics like flask animation anyways see ya around my friend.

top topics

join