It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Two Witnesses of Rev 11 Here Now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If one follows the movement of dry drought conditions around the world, it seems to be moving from place to place as if following the two witnesses just as revelatiosn declares. The media, (many satanic demons) will continue to hide the truth from the world until the day the two are killed in Jerusalem, there God will require the planet to pay attention and the media can no longer hide to truth............

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Line 8 could be washington dc or new york, since the masonic order has egyptian arcetechture everywhere. visions are extrapolated images and events, and the bible is obvious that it tries to put them into an understandable form, but still must be broken down into that.

It could be Rome, the Vatican have many ancient Egypt symbols on statues, buildings, monuments and so on.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
www.the-end.com...

It is interesting that on the sixth seal the seven thunders described in this book starting at page 48:

1st Thunder: 9/11-war on terror
2nd Thunder: Increasing weather and geological events
3rd Thunder: Destructiveness of weather
4th Thunder: Global Upheaval
5th Thunder: Death
(3 phases of the 5th Thunder)
- shake up of religions to follow a spiritual path
- death of notable people (political, sports, entertainers)
- death all over the world minimally started due to Pandemic's
6th Thunder: Prophets will be recognized
7th Thunder: Accelerated revelation of GOD to man

Looks like according to this we are almost ready to have the 7th seal cracked open on us.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Hi/

The Two witneses of Revelation will appear at the same time as the Antichrist appears.
Also, "The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world as a witness unto all nations; and then the end shall come" (Mt. 24:14)

The Revelation of St. John mentions the appearance of two witnesses, who will proclaim the truth, perform miracles, and, upon completion of their witness, be killed by the Antichrist.
These witnesses have been foreseen by some Fathers of the Church to be the two righteous of the Old Testament period — the patriarch Enoch (Gen. 5:23) and the prophet Elijah (2 Kings 2:11) — because only these two men did not die but were taken alive to Heaven.
Presumably they will have to return to earth to complete their earthly mission, to suffer for the Word of God and to die as all mortals should.
more

Only after they have finished their testimony,they will be murdered.
Rev 11:9,10 the world, rebelling against God, rejoiced in the death of the prophets(Elijah and Enoch).
The people who chose to receive the 'mark of the beast' and those that worshipped the beast and the false prophet will rejoice in the death of the Two witnesses .
After 3 and half days their bodies shall rise and persecution of those that did not follow the antichrist will begin all ovet the world.

helen

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
whether the Two Witnesses
(a) are people,
(b) returned prophets of old,
(c) or symbolisms for churches: Jewish & Christian

'they' show up in the 2nd half of Daniel's 70th Week,
which is after the anti-christ is 'revealed' as not being a peace-maker but instead a very harsh & unholy character that wages war on
Christians-Jews+any one against his social/economic/militaristic worldview

We read:

And I will give [power] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Plus---- the 2 bodies, will not decay for the 3 days they are laying dead in the streets of 'the Great City'...

I'd say the 'Great City' is not Jerusalem, but could perhaps be:
Washington/NYC, or even Geneva, Brussels, London, Ridyah, or other places as conditions change in relation to the world relative to the latter day stream of events.
the 'Great City' is the base, or seat-of-power for the anti-christ empire
and will not be Jerusalem,
because Jerusalem could very well be one of the 'two witnesses'
the other could be the former Constantinople as it was once the cradle of
the new-testament Christianity cult...

here's a theory, the two witnesses, are the two cities, Jerusalem & TheNewCity (Istanbul nee Constantinople)
which will in the "70th week" will both be destroyed by the anti-christ,
1,260 days after he breaks the 7 year peace treaty with many nations.

Imagine two cities nuked or nutron-bombed, 2 cities that were the
root cause for much of the worlds religious zealotry & resulting troubles,
the populations would indeed rejoice at their elimination

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days,clothed in sackcloth.These are the two olive trees,and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall over-come them, and kill them.And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them." - Revelation 11:3-12

The fig tree has long since blossomed
Under the shining light of her Sun...
Oh how art thou fallen son of the morning!
But these have only just begun...

"Who-WHO will watch The Watchmen"?

OwlMan

molech.weebly.com...

One Thousand Two Hundred And Threescore Days

A "Score" is "20",so "Three-score" is "60"...

You can discern the signs of the sky, how is it that you cannot discern The Signs Of The Times?

www.timeanddate.com...

End Time...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by OwlMan]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If I was one of the witnesses I would be waiting for signs. There are events to be comsummated before my appearance. The 6th seal of Revelation for starters. The rebuilding of the Jewish temple. If I'm to preach in front of it for 3.5 years the building needs to be up.

The book of Daniel seems to indicate a 7 year agreement needs to be signed between the kingdom of the north and the kingdom of the south. Not happened yet. Finally the event outlined in Daniel 11-4 and 8-20 has yet to happen. But the events prior to that event appear to have happened. Though Iran's government may have to fall first. I'm watching for that sign.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think the two witnesses are the Word and the Spirit.

Revelations reveals that John is to prophecy again but other parts of the bible state clearly that is Elijah who is to come. that's why I think it is less about the man and more about what the man posesses.

Revelation 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Revelation 1:3
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

There it is, they that read the word and they that hear the spirit.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The Two Witnesses are definitely HERE now, as they obviously won;t be reincarnations of past prophets. besides the Lord would have Christian prophets for Christian times.

And Yes they come to the for front in the middle of the Last 7 years, and now the Covenant hasn't even been signed..... and so they are just working for the Lord as we speak. But will come to more prominence after the Iran War which will be ended by the Covenant.

But do consider that the Ciovenant is between ten countries not two kingdoms, but ten kings or ten kingdoms, as they are the ones that sign the Peace to stop the warfare.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I think the two witnessess are here. Could think of the whole Elijah thing as rather the spirit of Elijah or the spirit of the prophets coming upon them? Whether or not they know they are, only time will tell but I've definitely got to say at the very least, quite interesting....

do it to it

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SlapBassist531]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I like looking for the echoes of the OT in Revelation, and using them as a guide to the interpretation. What have we got here?

In the powers of the Witnesses, I can see echoes of Moses (water into blood) and Elijah (stopping the rain). Moses stood up against the oppression of Israel, while Elijah stood up against the infiltration of idolatry. These twin themes run all through Revelation as well as the OT, i.e. that God's people are threatened by oppression and also by the temptation to compromise with the opposition. I'm not suggesting that the Witnesses are literally Moses and Elijah; I'm suggesting that labelling them as Moses/Elijah figures is a way of pointing us towards those two themes.

As for the two olive trees, surely this is an echo of Zechariah ch4, where the two trees are identified as "the two anointed ones"- i.e., presumably, the king and the high priest. (Joshua was the high priest at the time, and Zerubabbel would have been king if the Persians had allowed it.) Who are the king and high priest in the NT? Well, Christ, obviously, but also we learn from Rev.ch 5 that God has made his whole people "kings and priests" (or "a kingdom and priests", in some translations).

I suggest, then, that the "two witnesses" are actually the whole people of God, whoever's around at the time, in their twin status as kings and priests, and facing the twin dangers of oppression and temptation to compromise.

What about the city? In Pilgrim's Progress, there is a place called Vanity Fair, which stands for "the world" as a whole. I think that's what we've got here- "the great city of the world" relates to the hostile world seen as one great city. Actually, I'm forced into that conclusion by my first conclusion; If the two witnesses represent "all the Christians in the world", the place where they're being killed has to be "all over the world", it cant be in any one location.
So my answer to the original question would be Yes, here we are. All of us are both of them. Or will be, when the time arrives.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So a question unasked here is why didn't John just write the name of the city as "jerusalem"? It is assumed because of the phrase "where also our lord was crusified". So why not just say jerusalem? Unless it is another city of great power and corruption ie (egypt = power, sodom = corruption)....

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To bad Christian saints can't be the two witnessess. Who would take the place of the martyred saints then? They're going to kill all of us, everywhere?

Come on man, if your really buying into all that. You might want to distance yourself a bit, your going to let the real deal fly right by you with that line of thought.

This stuff really isn't hard to figure out, it's just a matter of waiting to see if it happens.

Rebuilding of the Temple=Start of Doomsday
Or
Just A regular old temple.

Won't know till it happens.
But it's going to be one or the other.
As with the lasting peace deal with Israel.
However I don't see any world leaders being brazen enough to sign a lasting 7 year accord with them, It'll be concocted as something else.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdJohnAdams

Rebuilding of the Temple=Start of Doomsday
Or
Just A regular old temple.

Won't know till it happens.

Sorry rebuilding of the temple is an assumtion inferred by the stopping of the daily sacrifice.............the true issue is the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place......errrr dome of the rock....already there...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Well wouldn't the Abomnination of Desolation have to really hit home for the Israelis? I mean yeah the Dome accurately fits the description, but my understanding of the way things play out will be this....

Some kind of boiling over as far as tensions go in the ME
A Unholy Covenant putting a stop to the impending crisis
And part of that covenant will allow the Jews to rebuild their temple.

The desolation will be so great that the Israelis/Jews will react against the beast.----->Great Tribulation.

Please enlighten me if I'm misguided.
But that seems most plausible to me.
Especially with all the recent archeological finds right by the Dome. It's only a matter of time until they get their third temple.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Enoch and Elijah have been made very powerful Angels by God. They are the two witnesses. The devil is also very jealous of these two humans who were made very powerful because of their faith in God.

The devil-Satan is a Watcher not a fallen angel. Watchers and Angels are very different yet still SONS OF GOD AND GODS THEMSELVES.

The Gog-Magog war must happen first as well as the peace treaty that ends it. People think its a treaty only between Palestinians and Israel but that is a HUGE LIE. Its between Israel and the Gog-Magog allies after Israel hands them a beating.

The start of this war will be between Israel and Iran. When it kicks off things will happen very fast and many prophecies will come into play.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

The start of this war will be between Israel and Iran. When it kicks off things will happen very fast and many prophecies will come into play.

Many are misled into thinking israel in the mideast is the Israel of Revelatons......it IS NOT.....Judea is in the mid east...........end time Israel is the US.......

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Yeah I'm done reading your thread.
False prophets; you know nothing more then the next guy.
Take your conjecture, and stop parading it as fact.
People like you, do indeed give Christians bad names.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
LOL beautiful thread for atleast acknowledging that the CREATOR IS EVERLIVING AND SO ARE HIS ASSISTANTS OF HIS SON.... As far as the 2 olive trees and 2 candle sticks being present in todays time of existance you just got to follow the timers placed within REVELATIONS AND SEE WHERE WE ARE NOW, IF YOU CAN...I do feel they are here NOW fearless awaiting their next movements against SATAN and they wont be petty ARTIFICIAL ZOMBIES WHEN THEY RETURN FROM THEIR SLEEP...

[edit on 3/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join