It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight leaders rally 'new' Europe to America's side

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
EIGHT European leaders today call on the Continent to stand united with America in the battle to disarm Iraq, while warning the UN that its credibility is on the line.

In a calculated rebuff to France and Germany � denounced by America last week as �old Europe� � the leaders of Britain, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Hungary, Poland, Denmark and the Czech Republic have combined to make an unprecedented plea in The Times for unity and cohesion. They say the transatlantic relationship must not become a casualty of President Saddam Hussein�s threats to world security.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
?
??

I thought you were anti US

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Are you kidding?! Ultra_phoenix is the most patriotic American on this board... and he lives in BELGIUM!!

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Are you kidding?! Ultra_phoenix is the most patriotic American on this board... and he lives in BELGIUM!!

Thanks for the compliment.

Tyler, why do you think that I'm anti-american ?

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The Bilderburg Group Meeting is adjourned, hehe....

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The US should move its forces out of Germany and move them down to Italy after this mess with Iraq is over. German cities live off our military money, yet their Govt and people turn their backs on us when we ask for their help.

Italian bases are more strategic than German bases being closer to the Middle East and Africa, two hot spots. The only reason for German bases was to counter the Russians, well I really don't care if Russia wants to overrun the Germans now.

[Edited on 30-1-2003 by MT69]

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I thought you protested against EU . Hence i figured you must be anti US because US is much worse than EU.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler
I thought you protested against EU . Hence i figured you must be anti US because US is much worse than EU.

Yes, I don't like the EU. But when europeans nations are pro-usa, I like these pro-usa nations.

Also, it's very good. Because the french and the germans, who were thinking that they had to lead the EU with their so-called Paris-Berlin axe can go back at home now.
Chirac and Shroeder are the worse assholes from the whole EU.
Now, they are felling very isolated. Those french & germans want allways to rule EVERYTHING in the EU.

Chirac = Beavis.
Schroeder = Butthead.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The "new europe"??? Hahahahahaha

Thank you so much for brightening up my day!! France and Germany ARE europe! The other economic leeches that refer to themselves as european are utterly and completely inconsequential!!! (and I'm not talking about the UK here because as far as england is concerned they are not part of europe).

Yes, I agree Schoeder and Chirac are total asses but that doesn't change the fact that what you are saying is absolutely ludicrous.

German cities live off our military money

Are you trying to prove to everyone on this forum how damn stupid you are?? Germany is the richest economy in europe yet you claim that they are living off US military cash? I wish i could bitch-slap you right now for saying such stupid nonsense.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Are you trying to prove to everyone on this forum how damn stupid you are?? Germany is the richest economy in europe yet you claim that they are living off US military cash? I wish i could bitch-slap you right now for saying such stupid nonsense.

I'd like to see you try to bitch-slap me. I'll be in Chapel Hill/Fayetteville in the near future on vacation. I see you're in NC, care to try it??? I always like kicking rednecks around for fun while on vacation.

As for Germany, you have no clue about the "local" communities that live off American $$$ from the bases in their communities. Stick with your knowledge about Mayberry and what Aunt B is doing before opening your piehole regarding stuff you have no clue about.

[Edited on 31-1-2003 by MT69]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by psypher

France and Germany ARE europe!

France : 57 million peoples.
Germany : 82 million peoples.
Total : 139 million peoples.

The EU : 390 million peoples.

139 million for the Frenchies and the Germans, and 251 million peoples for the rest of the EU. And I don't count these nations : Poland, Hungaria, Bulgaria, Romania, Lettonia, Estonia, Littuania, Czekia, Slovakia, Yougoslavia, Russia (?)...etc...etc... who are still waiting to join the EU.

That's sure, France & Germany are representing the whole Europe !

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I always like kicking rednecks around for fun while on vacation.........Stick with your knowledge about Mayberry and what Aunt B is doing before opening your piehole regarding stuff you have no clue about.

MT69: Oh really? You should come on by then. I'm actually an applied physics professor here in Durham, not your average country bumpkin, so I actually do have some idea of what I'm talking about. So if you want to continue to delude yourself that I'm some hick who has no idea what he's talking about try to keep in mind that I'm most likely far more educated than a meathead like you. You run in here with your mouth half-cocked and consequently spew out bullsh!t from post to post. I'd like to know if there is one intelligent person on here that even cares what your ultra-rightwing a$s even posts anymore. You've proven yourself without a doubt to be completely incompetent.

Ultra P: I'm not talking about the population of the country, I'm talking about it's economic power. The kind of power that Spain, Italy, Portugal, Hungary, Poland, Denmark and the Czech Republic quite simply lack.

[Edited on 31-1-2003 by psypher]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So...you're a geek at Dook, a left-wing geek hiding at a conservative private school. I'm sure the Dook admin would love to know you're surfing the internet on their time spewing out leftist BS...no wonder the physics department at Dook is 2nd rate compared to other departments on campus.

I didn't grow up in NC try MT/IL/CA, I just got my Economics degree at UNC-Chapel Hill as an out-of-stater. FYI...it's harder to get into UNC out of state than getting into Dook. I could've gone to Dook, but I didn't like their fake elites all over campus and the +$120,000 bill for college. When comparing alumni between Dook and UNC, it's clear Dook grads don't become as productive citizens in society...but they still have that $120,000 degree to show off.

It's just like you bragging about teaching at Dook....you're a non-productive member of society hiding in the little stone village called Dook telling others that they're stupid while not even throwing out your BS for review by others. I guess your momma said to you... "Psycho, it's better to keep your mouth shut than open it up and remove all doubt that you're an idiot."

[Edited on 31-1-2003 by MT69]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Look, I'm not gonna engage in a pissing contest with you, because quite frankly its a waste of my time and effort. And besides, you've already proven to everyone on this forum just how moronic you really are.

Instead of rebuffing my argument you start name-calling like a little 3rd grader. So could you do us all a favor and get back to the topic? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
psycho - You're the idiot threatening me on this board with physical violence. I never thought a physics geek would ever threaten me, but then again you hiding behind a computer on the other side of the country makes you more macho than your scrawny 150lbs body.

I will keep you in mind when I decide to make the trip back the RTP area, so that you can "bitch slap me" as you say. Heck I'll get my UVa buddy (a computer science geek) in the RTP area to be the ref of your "attempt" to kick my butt. You can put on your Dookie garb and we'll make it an event for the Carlyle Cup points.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey hey HEEY!!!! PPL!!!

Can't we all just get a long???

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Germany may have been an econmic force at one time.Currently however they have about a 10%un-employment rate and their economy has tanked.With no hope of a strong economy in the forseable future.

europe.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
bout time another country besides the UK stands with the USA maybe Canada will follow

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Europes GDP's:

Germany: $2.174 trillion
France: $1.51 trillion

Spain: $757 billion
Portugal: $174.1 billion
Hungary: $120.9 billion
Poland: $339.6 billion
Denmark: $149.8 billion

..............................I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Uh you forgot about UK, and they aren't apart of the # EU

Sincerely,
no signature

top topics

<<   2 >>

join