It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just downloaded windows movie maker and cannot find it???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi, just wanted to get ready for my first attempt at an ATs video, but I downloaded the windows moviemaker free from CNet and cannot find it.

I watched Debates video and he mentions using it so I figured I would give it a try. But once downloaded I cannot find it.

For those of you unfamiliar with me, I am really not too bright when it comes to anything having to do with computers and media transfers.

I will await any and all help.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Filename? Size?

You could try downloading it again, but specify your desktop.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you did not save to a specific folder or your desktop, you may find it in the temp folder.

I would check there and hope it is named so you can recognize it....

[edit on 2/12/2009 by Champagne]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Most versions of Windoze have 'newest files' or something like that.

Trouble is most newbies (sorry) fail to tell you anything about their OS or the file they downloaded so it's all guessing.

PS
Heh-heh, good luck finding the 'temp' folder.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by Syandos]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Try downloading something else and watch which folder it adds it to.

Windows Movie Maker is like your basic Swiss Army knife. Sure it's not the most precise or coolest thing, but you can actually do quite a bit with it. And it's free which is something everyone can appreciate.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thank you everyone, I will try these tips and if I have to I will be back.

The most important thing for me is to get this video documentation on to the forum of just how in the average ATS home, the heart of the home is most often not the kitchen, how it is in fact the computer area instead.

Quite frankly I am concerned with all of the new trends towards placing videos up on the new media center of our cute little pets and their antics, as well as perfect homey little areas in our houses which we want people to know about us. I have a deep seated hunch that these types of videos are simply a red herring, a conspiracy to keep people from our deepest truths about our real lives.

So for me, I would like to disclose to the members and potential members the truth behind what in all reality happens to the old school heart of the home, the kitchen, more specifically the refrigerator while we sit making scholarly posts on the boards.

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and as I sat waiting for the downloads to complete as mentioned in the OP I went to clean up the fridge and there I got my first epiphany of what happens when we become so engrossed with our lives here on the forum, and how our refrigerators are the truest measure of our private lives and a declaration of our time spent at ats.

Yes an expose is long over due, and so with your help, it is time to know the truth, the rare and honest in depth look at a true atser and how their fridge is affected by hundreds if not thousands of logged on time.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Since the first couple member vlogs I have been, on and off, pondering the best approach. i have been leaning towards a newscast/talkshow type format, but now considering the prospects of a self-defacing expose of one's fridge, i'm thinking vanity cabinet, sock drawer and childhood foto album/yearbook. Fun idea angel antar.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Antar,

This may seem like a stupid suggestion, but if you know the file name, do a search for it.

I, of course, am referring to searching your local hard drive.

If you Windows Xp, this is how you do it:

Click "start" button, goto "search" and stay there for a few seconds.
A few options will appear to the right, pick "for files or folder"in the box on the left-hand side, "search for the files or folder named" and type the file name and left-click the "search now" button a few inches below that.

If you need any more help or details, u2u m,e and I will respond as soon as possible.

Hope this help's, now for the ATS Dancers:

top topics

join