It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad economy forcing immigrants to reconsider U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

My heart goes out to Pedro.. It's absolutely terrible that he made such a long, dangerous, and totally illegal trek from Guatemala to the US to find work.

It's sad though that with times getting tough and his adopted country needing his help, that he must go back to his family.

I'm sure if the economy pick ups again he'll be back. So please don't shed too many tears.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Note that the article said he had 5 sons.

5 sons?

This is the problem.

maybe if you had 1, 2 or no children you might not be in such a struggle...

Not only that. will those five children do the same thing you did? Are you going to have 25 grandchildren all looking for work? This is a never ending process and the Countries below the Rio Grande will never learn.

DON"T HAVE 5 children if you have to come to the USA to support them!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
sorry if i came off a little strong. i want to make clear that i love hispanics they are actually some of the hardest woking, funloving, and family orieted people in this country, they are largly good people. i just think it is of the utmost importance that we secure the american people and stabilize the american economy before we worry about people who migrate here illegaly from other lands.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Note that the article said he had 5 sons.

5 sons?

This is the problem.

maybe if you had 1, 2 or no children you might not be in such a struggle...

Not only that. will those five children do the same thing you did? Are you going to have 25 grandchildren all looking for work? This is a never ending process and the Countries below the Rio Grande will never learn.

DON"T HAVE 5 children if you have to come to the USA to support them!!!

You have hit the nail right on the head there my friend. As far as I am concerned it is game over =) Of course he is most likely Catholic so this is his duty. Before anyone flames I am also Catholic technically so I am not bashing, just stating the facts ma'am.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Why does the thread topic leave out the fact they are illegal? How could that be a bad thing? They might free up jobs that Americans can now get and the money will be spent here. This also strengthens my opinion that many of these illegals come here to use the country for their benefit. They have no real love for the country or its culture. The going gets tough, the illegals get going.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Cio88]

First time response here on ATS long time watcher.

So since I have been removed from the country, I can now speak up about the hidden life of a ILLEGAL immigrant, I raised 2 children (American) and a step son (American deadbeat father), married for 22 years.

Yeah I got deported (good riddance huh), guess what now happens, my truck was impounded, my wife and children abandoned and all my debs are now in limbo, not to mention an otherwise self sustaining family now dependent on the government or out in the streets as destitute.

I never ever took or was even able to by the way!! use any social services due to the fact I didn't have any documentation. I worked under cover in most cases and for companies who were loose in asking for documentation, paid Fed/State taxes every year, paid Social Security as well, all of this that I will never be able to recover, and contributed to an economy, as a matter of fact I contributed to Americans sucking of the government tit.

Why I even want to respond to this statement and like, is simply the fact is for 25+ years these people have been a part of the economy and regardless of if you believe me or not they are more of a contribution to the system than a drain.

Arizona and other states now crying for lost taxes.
Companies folding because of lost customers and workers they can afford at the poverty pay level.
I could give more details but the simple truth is that 10-20 million workers who were contributing to a system they couldn't take anything from wasn't the problem.
Putting them in jail, deporting them and then crying they are the reason you lost your job!

Typical bait and switch, for years at least 15 I can think of they have been farming middle class jobs to overseas companies, CEO's raiding and demanding more perks for less performance, larger management to employee ratios. banking and corporate GREED.

Politicians pitching how bad it is because they know it buys votes, and the fact if your worried and preoccupied with all those bad illegals you wont see what has become so painfully obvious. There is no money, no jobs and guess what ........ there still blaming the illegals!!!!!!

Illegals aren't the problem, never have been and never will be, they had 30 years to build the magic fence across Mexico, and still haven't, 30 years to improve border security and they didn't. WAKE UP people its got nothing to do with that. like a good thief, blame the Innocent one, harder to prove they didn't do it and while your trying to prove they did, he's long gone with the goods!

Yeh I'm busy right now truing to be a citizen of a country I don't even remember let alone speak the language now.

no hard feeling.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

I second what you say. Politicians use this to divert attention.

Funny about how people cry about them taking away jobs, but yet say hardly nothing to all the good paying jobs that are going overseas. Overseas jobs that many of you support because you continue to buy the companies products. Go ahead hit the button on your cell phone to see what country you get.

Point blank, regardless of what country you are from, everybody is hurting in one way or the other. Adding insult to injury IMO is not necessary. Personally I rather they be here. At least then I know there are jobs I can compete for.

And for the one that said They have no real love for the country or its culture, all I can say is that it is hard to love when you are being hounded and dogged day in and day out.

Let's just pray that we will never have to be in their shoes.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

I understand your plight. But I don't agree with you that Illegal Immigrants are not a problem. They are a problem. Maybe not you in particular, but sometimes you have to get rid of the good with the bad. If we didn't have illegal immigration dating back so far maybe we would not have the problems that we have now. I'm sorry but I have seen first hand the problems that Illegals can cause, not just socially but economically. Again, I am sorry for your situation, but if you would have entered legally like many others, you would never have gotten deported in the first place. My point is it is never too late to right a wrong. Sometimes the wrong people get hurt but you cannot blame anyone but yourself for coming here illegally. I know that sounds harsh but I don't know how else to say it. You sound reasonable enough and I am sure you would admit you don't know what it is like in every city in every state.

In any case I wish you good luck in getting back in legally.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is good.

I have a feeling that we will all need to find groups of like minds of family and friends to weather what is coming down the financial pike.

The playing field is leveling.

It is better for everyone if they are working together within a larger culture that they know and that supports them.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I lived in Georgia, Texas, California and Arizona .....

no doubt my fault hens no hard feelings right, my point is this when I moved there so long ago it was a nod and a wave, immigration was really not an issue and when it was the fear of being deported for so many years was a sustainable "cost of doing business" because contrary to what most know of a system they DO NOT UNDERSTAND is that just because you come clean to make things right they can and do SEND YOU HOME, so there you are again in a situation to abandon your family, its far from ohhhhh sooooo easy. as far a crying well its ILLEGAL.

the funnies of all words, the politicians and legal entities crying its the law! anyone of those illegal aliens STEAL your retirement, or have a good old boy network with laws bypassed with a wink and a nod, come on really. its all part of the game, you need to take things into prospective, he broke the law to make a living, feed his family he didn't steal MILLIONS/BILLIONS from 1000's to make a nicer nest for his family, ohhh wait that was an American banker/CEO/Politician/Policeman/Judge ..... Yeh I see the difference now. my bad.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
For those who actually believe Americans can't and don't do the jobs illegal immigrants do, let me explain a simple point to you.

The reason most Americans don't/won't take these jobs is because we can't survive on the slave wages greedy businesses want to pay. I will work any job, and I mean ANY one that pays a salary which competes with the economy. Does it make sense for me to slave away 60-70 hrs a week and just be able to put gas in my truck and maybe feed myself?

I am 1 of 2 people trying to work to feed my 3 children. I don't live in a house with multiple occupants paying the rent and feeding off of society like a parasite. I pay taxes and am a responsible adult trying to raise an AMERICAN BORN family and get by in this corruptly manipulated, slave driven economy.

There's no sympathy for them. They broke the laws and are lowering the qaulity of life I am trying to provide for my children and which they are entitled to. My taxes say so.

I personally hold responsible, the businesses which employ them and above all the state and fesreal agencies which don't uphold the laws that they themselves have passed. They are negligent of their duties and should be held accountable. I would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if I broke it. They (governing agencies) should be held and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and then given extra time for manipulating and violating what they were trained and elected to uphold. AMERICAN LAWS.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

You're looking pretty angry in that avatar.
But I will respond anyway.

You make very valid and solid points.
And an important contribution for those who
don't understand what has taken place within the
struggling American families.
My family has also felt this.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My friend, we disagreed on a subject not too long ago, but I knew there must be something we could come together on. Good post, but dang you sure are angry

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

You're looking pretty angry in that avatar.
But I will respond anyway.

You make very valid and solid points.
And an important contribution for those who
don't understand what has taken place within the
struggling American families.
My family has also felt this.

It's extremely hard trying to make a valid point when the blood is racing through my body and I'm about as red as an apple.
I have honestly been trying to help my brother receive justice from a corrupt system. Funny that no matter who you contact, they all have eachothers back.

It's hard not to be angry when you're a hardworking, backbreaking animal who can barely survive.I'm in construction, so I have honestly worked with many illegals. I have also met many decent people. You ask any of them and they will tell you I'm a boro. I work like a mule nonstop. Do to pride I will outwork anyone, just to prove the point. I'm also very meticulous and professional in my work and am losing jobs to some untrained person , who's work is horrible and is a danger to others safety around them.

I can go on but the bloods beginning to boil, so I'll leave it at that for know.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I understand your frustration and anger, no I really do. the reality is that illegals are NOT taking your job from you never did never will, I can't remember the comedian that said it but he was like paraphrased" dude the illegals aren't coming into the bank to take skilled jobs, or tech fields or any jobs with training like my daughter who is a school teacher or my other daughter who is a paramedic or my son who is a technical support manager, they do essentially what NO ONE WANTS TOO.

So the excuse doesn't make sense unless you just need to blame someone, and well since everyone is blaming the illegals that's probably there fault too.

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY ........

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
reply to post by Helig

That's the exact wording of the Submit form, so I put it exactly as it appeared on the article.

Yeah, sorry about that. Why does CNN leave that fact from the title? Its a rhetorical question. We all know CNN/MSM like to blur the distinction between the legal and illegal. Its like when they claim Republicans are anti-immigrant, when the truth is they are anti-illegal immigrant.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Cio88]

just reading that report that was posted by the topic maker, it seems this CNN writer is an illegal sympathizer. Don't feel bad for the american that lost his job, feel bad for the ILLEGAL immigrant. pathetic cnn, pathetic. call republicans racist, warmonger, but in the end i laught he most, because guess which party has been involved in most of Americas wars?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

I understand your frustration and anger, no I really do. the reality is that illegals are NOT taking your job from you never did never will, I can't remember the comedian that said it but he was like paraphrased" dude the illegals aren't coming into the bank to take skilled jobs, or tech fields or any jobs with training like my daughter who is a school teacher or my other daughter who is a paramedic or my son who is a technical support manager, they do essentially what NO ONE WANTS TOO.

So the excuse doesn't make sense unless you just need to blame someone, and well since everyone is blaming the illegals that's probably there fault too.

that is 100% false. illegal immigrants do the jobs that managers don't want to pay Americans for.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

My friend, we disagreed on a subject not too long ago, but I knew there must be something we could come together on. Good post, but dang you sure are angry

I forgot what we disagreed upon but am gonna look just for kicks. We all have something which we need to fight for. What get me furious is the double standard the country applies to the laws.

Same law applied to me and a state agency who break the same law has different meaning and consequences.I am an honest man and do believe in equality but don't like to be played for a fool. I am honest and innocent and I don't care if the entire world was against me and what I would suffer, I will fight to the death for what I believe in.That's what gets me so angry. The deceitful manipulation. trying to make me look as if I was wrong when it's known between the 2 parties, what has actually transpired.

The truth will always come to the surface and let itself known. Sometimes we just gotta fight for it. Real hard.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

In all fairness. You should probably read the above response to me.
And - construction IS a skilled job. And it isn't being done up to code many times.
This isn't about being against illegals. This is about telling it like it is from the perspective of someone who HAS actually lost jobs for the reasons he mentions.
It isn't a bashing. It's a reality for some of us.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So my 20 years experience isn't a skilled job. It's a skilled labor trade. Hence the word skilled and many of the people in the field of work aren't skilled but nothing more than a hazard and danger to those they work with and the customer who's receiving the work.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This may be a naive question, but for all the racism and hard labor and substandard pay and being treated like sweatshop slaves that many illegal immigrants have historically put up with, if it were really all about money could they not have improved their own home economies for the same amount of effort?

But many (or most) come from oppressive places, where there will never be the freedom to achieve or better their society, from petty military juntas and heinous communist dictatorships, Where every effort they make only serves to lined the pockets of the local bosses, and they can be killed at any moment just because.

If you want to save the american worker from illegal immigrants, you must invade their homelands and dissolve their corrupt evil governments. Give them a real hope worth staying home for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join