It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 11 a prophecy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
John!!!!!!! Terrance's time wave zero scares the poop out ot me!!!! And how are we supposed to prepare for such a thing besides hope for intervention right?
I used to fantasize about how to travel faster than the speed of light, and I realized that if we got that technology to fast (I am emphasising the use of machines to do it), we would probably also have the technology to traveling in time, the effect of which would be the end of the universe, in my limited perspective. Becasue somebody would have to try to go back to change something and once that happens its a vicious cycle and everthing ends pretty quick. Along those lines it makes it seem improbable that other species have found technology to do the same without removing themselves from our universe. I am not saying that it is impossible, just that it would require much restraint as the tech was developed to not make false steps. I did appreciate the point that global comunication is not the cause but rather an aspect of the time when this could occur.
wow...come on 2013!!!
Jack, your take has my attention as well. So, is it God's will or Satans that tech progresses, I am gonna have to go with it being Satan, as this world is under his control until God gives it to his son eh? To the others that have posted so far thanks, obviosly I have the perspective of someone who has faith and Bible based beliefs, and to respond to Mastermind, yeah, I do question my theory as speculation that is not requried as everything we need to know has already been told to us, but, its just so tempting!!!! oops! And I like the attention....oops!

And to Letthereaderunderstand...wow man. I was aware the Tower of Babel was probably a Ziggurat(pyramid), never thought of the Ark as one, but you have a very different take on things obviously than what I am familiar with.

With that, I'm gonna go read more timewavezero posts...is there anything on TWZ about after 2012?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

It doesn't scare me. I look forward to it. I don't think man will come up with any technology that will allow him to time travel. These Ideas are most likely the Devil's explanation to unbelievers regarding the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the transformation of the living saints spoken of in 1Thessalonians 4. Our bodies and minds will be instantly transformed at some point in the future(a date we won't know). The masses that are left behind will need an explanation for it.

We will be able to travel at the speed of thought from one end of the Universe to the other.....and that transends time travel.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh, I like that a lot better, however I hold pretty closesly to the promise of the meek inheriting the Earth, I'm meek, kinda...forever is good, but I don't think I want it as a cyborg or part of a collective AI....I am still reading the many many posts on TWZ...I find if very interesting.
I'm glad I posted this thread...it speaks to many like minded people.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Miriam, I know that verse in Isaiah refers to the exile of the Northern Kingdom but I was simply stateing that there are many similarities with that verse and things going on in the world today. I know it might not be 100% accurate on my part but I just wanted to share a feeling I had when first finding this verse. It's almost like God told me to pay extra attention. Well, thanks for the comment though you disagree. Xcouncil did too, just commented on my profile.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Jack, your take has my attention as well. So, is it God's will or Satans that tech progresses, I am gonna have to go with it being Satan, as this world is under his control until God gives it to his son eh?

That's a tough question.

Let's put it this way. Imagine if when a new technological breakthrough occurred everyone realized the significance of what God allowed them to do. They thanked God and prayed that the new technology would be used to glorify Him. The technology went out to the news stations and everyone knew of the glorious invention that God let us behold. Everywhere everyone praying and praising God for the gift He gave. This is the way it should be. Its not.

We all know that the technology is hidden and more often then not turned into a weapon. When we do hear of the new miraculous cure, or the unbelievable device that can outperform anything, we usually attribute that to what man can do. Just look at what our scientists can do! This is a pretty clear indication of what is being done.

The technology in and of itself is not evil. We all benefit from technology everyday. Light bulbs? The real problem is not realizing God let us do it for a reason. We know that toward the end knowlege will be increased.

Daniel 12: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

So when God isn't given the glory and asked that He would give us wisdom to use the technology for Him, we lose sight of who is allowing our advancement. That leads me to this.

Psalms 14: 1-2

1The fool hath said in his heart,
There is no God.
They are corrupt,
they have done abominable works,
there is none that doeth good.
2The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men,
to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

If man is the one to get the glory then the works are abominable. So I hope you can figure out how I feel about that question.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

and would god be responsible for technology that contributes to the ruining of the earth?

you mention an innocent lightbulb. but how much manufacturing is required to meet the worlds light bulb needs? how many chemicals are need to manufacture a lightbulb? where do all the lightbulbs go when they break or have run out of life?

its not to say there is anything wrong with the lightbulbs itself. but when cannot deny that all these "little" technologies when added together contribute in a large way to ruining of the earth through pollution.

i doesnt makes sense to me that god would be behind it. im going to have to side with xcouncil on this one

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
reply to post by jackflap

i doesnt makes sense to me that god would be behind it. im going to have to side with xcouncil on this one

If you couldn't tell from my post I sided with Xcouncil on that one too. I guess I was explaining the reasoning behind my logic.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
If you couldn't tell from my post I sided with Xcouncil on that one too. I guess I was explaining the reasoning behind my logic.

oh right, sorry

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A good article to check out.

However, the heart of the matter is made clear in these words, "let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth." Already a haunting fear had set in. They were conscious already of a disruptive influence in their midst, of a centrifugal force that was pushing them apart so they could not live too closely together and which would ultimately, they feared, scatter them abroad and leave them unknown, unhonored, and unsung, living in isolated communities where they would be exposed to great danger. The fear of this caused them to build a tower and a city. The ultimate motive is expressed in these words, "let us make a name for ourselves."

From that day on this has been the motto of humanity, "let us make a name for ourselves." I am always amused to see how many public edifices made a plaque somewhere on which the names of all the public officials who were in power when it was built are inscribed: the mayor, the head of public works, etc. "Let us make a name for ourselves," is a fundamental urge of a fallen race. It reveals one of the basic philosophies of humanism: "Glory to man in the highest, for man is the master of things." That is the central thought of humanism, glory to mankind.
ldolphin.org...

I'm not saying this is correct. It does have some good points.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, maybe somehow, we can get humble, and see the signs and respond to the messengers, like the people of Ninevah did when Jonah went to them (ya know, after all that time in the whale) They weren't destroyed because they heeded his warnings and they repented. OK, well, they were eventually destroyed, but at least it was put off for a while.
OH, whom I kidding, I can't wait for God's Kindom to come here. Just hope we get to survive the tribulation, it will be quit a show.
But if it don't come soon enough, we gotta not be like Jonah, man he was ticked when the people repented, he didn't expect that!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I absolutely love that Book. I have neglected to keep up with studying due to the everyday circumstances that I'm sure we all deal with. You have inspired me to make time for it though...Thanks Xcouncil...On another note. Have we come to a conclusion about Genesis 11 being a prophecy? I think it is. The more you delve into the matter the more possibilities arise.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yes, there is prophecy in Genesis, as for Ch 11 intended as a prophecy, I am shy of naming it that, but I feel confident to say it "forshadows" events...
I am affraid of commiment you see

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I still don't get how Gen. 11 can be considered a modern prophecy but Isaiah 30:25 can't be considered a dual prophecy. I agree with you on the tower of babel but the significance of "in the day of the great slaughter when the TOWERS FALL" is something not to be ignored. I know the initial meaning of this was about the exile of the northern 10 tribes by the hands of the assyrians just like the tower of babel was about a single nation and language spreading into many in order to confuse.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think maybe you oughta start a thread on "The fall of the Towers foretold in the Bible?" As I personally don't see it clearly, I will acknowledge that Isaiah is a prophetic book, and as such the many of the prophecies made that were fulfilled in the past most certainly have the potential for informing us of conditions of our current times. So I can't say your wrong, I can only say, I don't see it that way. Recognizing your strong feelings about this scriptures realation to 911, I did more research for ya (I'm gonna post my previous reply that I removed after this one).

Isaiah 33:18 In your thoughts you will ponder the former terror:
"Where is that chief officer?
Where is the one who took the revenue?
Where is the officer in charge of the towers?"

Zephaniah 1:16 "a day of trumpet and battle cry
against the fortified cities
and against the corner towers"

I noticed preceding the mention of towers in Isaiah 30:22 and following their being mentioned in Zephaniah Ch 1:18, it referenced silver and gold being worth nothing.....

Then there is this one...
Ezekiel 26:3 therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves. 4 They will destroy the walls of Tyre and pull down her towers; I will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock.
You could make a case that Tyre reperesents the US, but there are a lot of flaws in that. Although Tyre was against old Isreal, and although the US is allied with Isreal today, I would say that the US is not an ally of Spritual Isreal, uh it was major seaport and famous for its navy in far away places...anyways, start a thread it deserves it own converstaion

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here is the previous response I had posted to Locomon then deleted it as my thread kept getting moved by mods and I wast sure if it was because I kept quoting scriptures or going off topic...but they have left it alone for now, so here ya go!!

Locoman
I tried really hard but, as usual Miriam's right! I think that a lot, but don't say it as often.
I did give it a lot of thought, I could see some Prophetic application of that scripture today. But its a stretch. In that "in the Day of Great

Slaughter, towers will fall". As Miriam noted generally towers were guard towers so I might be able to put the military spin on it ...
(Revelation 19:19) And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one

seated on the horse and with his army.
And we know who will come out on top of that one, so the towers=militia will fall...I'm really reaching there...
It occured to me, not to belitle your point, but 9/11 was huge for Americans, we havn't seen anything like that in our generation so to

want to find direct reference to it in prophecy as an American is completely understandable, but death and destruction on that scale is

not uncommon in the rest of the world. The response that has become global is however something new eh?
Back to your Idea....
There might also be another prophetic clue in that verse (Isaiah 30:25) . . .
And upon every high mountain and upon every elevated hill there must come to be streams of waters,. .
I can go two ways with that, either global warming. In that there is literally water everywhere when the whole world becomes like a

greenhouse...or, to keep with the bible context, and apply it as in terms of the water of life.
(Revelation 22:1) . . .And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb.
With end time prophecies were talking about a specific transition time(uh, coming of the lords day right?)....and the water of life has

been available for a long time, just kinda hard to come by its pure form. Jesus offered it, plainly refering to it as such, and that if offers

everlasting life(John 4:10-14). When God's kingdom is brought to Earth this water of life will flow freely... So maybe that's why in the

Isaiah scripture you quoted, the water is in the high places.
But that's the really neat thing about prophetic books its a lot easier to see "exactly" what's in the details after its happened, however,

they were written for a purpose, that is to prepare us. I'm not an expert by anymeans, but I do have some excellent resources.
I tried really hard, and wasn't able to agree with you exactly-I looked real hard for references of Towers related to wealth (World trade

centers are deffinately connected stronly to money, to not include that aspect of them wouldn't be fair, I think), but I enjoyed the

opportunity to do the reaseach thanks-

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply and I will take your suggestion to start my own thread on that prophecy.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I look forward to it...still don't promise to agree!
That's just the way I roll man, if you will notice after all, even with my own possible prophecy thread, I end up wussing out and will only commit to being confident enough to say it "foreshadows" events.
And yes, totally semantics!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hey, that's just called, 'covering your ASSessment' prophecy. Nothing wrong with it. I do have my personal opinion on prophecy but I don't reguard it as 100% fact if the Bible doesn't even give specifics. I can tell you that the 7th revival of the Roman Empire since Pagan Rome fell is the European Union due to the fact that this United States of Europe swallows the continent of Europe like much of the Roman Empire did. It was signed into action through the "Treaty of Rome" shortly after WWII giving it a modern "Roman Empire" title. These are my assessments of modern world vs bible prophecy. Mystery Babylon is the false religious system that will control the EU or Beast Superpower. The Harlot woman on top of the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church which would symbolicly give the idea of a Church-State similar to the Holy Roman Empire of the medieval times. The woman sits on top of seven mountains which is symbolic for governments or nations but look at the nickname of Rome.... The city on 7 hills. Everything related to the beast or harlot revolve around Rome where many people think the revelation prophecy identifies the U.S. My point is, believe in it if you do. Give your assessment of the prophecy as it applies today. You did a good job with the "Tower of Babel" modern twist in prophecy. As you said in an earlier reply to me, if not prophectic today, it can still serve as a lesson for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join