It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 11 a prophecy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I apparently posted this in the wrong forums previously...so here goes

I have a thought, and yes it hurts me too.
It seems history repeats itself, revelations and prophecies appear to have multiple fulfilments. Well, I wonder about a happening that had no prophecy other than it was going against Gods order: that being to spread out, multiply and fill the earth.
Early Genesis chapter 11, the story of the tower of Babel.
At that time there was but one language, and they gathered together, and decided it would be a good idea to build a tower that they may reach into heaven.
My thought is this, as I read and exlplore the internet and find sites like this I am confronted with the thought that we now for the first time in 5 thousand years, have one language.

Poeple from all over the Earth are talking, and with the co-operation of peoples all accross this beutiful planet it appears as though nothing is outside of our grasp.
Uh, isn't that the explanation God uses in Genesis 11:6 as a reason to go down, destroy the tower and confuse mans language and spread him about? KJV Gen 11:6-8 "and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound thier language that they many not understand one anothers speach so the Lord scattered them abroad"

So, outside of your normal end time prophecies, does this not strike anyone as possibly the trigger of the time that no one knows? Sure we have always had earthquakes and reports of wars, famine, hardship, starvation.....but when in last 5 millenia have we had one language, and has it seemed as though nothing is outside our grasp.

If I were God, now seems like a good time to humble mankind, and remind him that without my guidance he cannot rule himslef.

Is this a new idea? Or am I just not yet informed that my thoughts are neither new or provoking...It has all been done before right, some think thinking is plagerism.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I must admit you just kinda blew my mind... nice take on an ancient story that relates to our present situation. You got my vote.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

So, outside of your normal end time prophecies, does this not strike anyone as possibly the trigger of the time that no one knows? Sure we have always had earthquakes and reports of wars, famine, hardship, starvation.....but when in last 5 millenia have we had one language, and has it seemed as though nothing is outside our grasp.

Very good reasoning! I am not sure of the validity except it makes some sense. I personally feel we have been in the end of days for more than a century and that it has built up to this point in time.

There always seems to be a pattern in the Bible of repeat performances or dual meanings. A greater fulfillment vs. a minor one.

I only place so much validity on the Bible, but recognize that there are hidden meanings behind the headlines so to speak, in the Bible. It will be interesting to hear what others say.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
NOt a big Bible beleiver but perhaps you could consider HTML that universal language?

< /second line...

[edit on 9-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I do not agree. there is no proof that the tower of babel existed, much less that a god separated all of mankind, but that is beside the point. Now let's say the story is real, don't you think it is insane that a god would separate all of mankind just for working toward one goal? what is wrong with that? Isn't unity something we all want? some people say this happened because people wanted to reach heaven, but an omnipotent and all-knowing god should know that heaven can't be reached and that humans would die as soon as they reached space. If this hypothetical god decides to separate humankind again, assuming he/she exists, then many people will have yet another reason to believe that god is a tyrant (and there wouldn't be more atheist if this god appeared since that would prove his existence, but that's beside the point).

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Flagged and star, that was great!!! A very interesting thought. Definatly worth having a look into (will be getting out my bible tonight )

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yay, they like me they really really like me!
Its seems reasonable to me, I'm glad some agree.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Genesis 11: 4-6 4And they said, Go to, let us build us a city, and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. 5And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

This is a good topic Xcouncil. I often wondered the same thing about this. Above I added a few more verses for you to look at as well. The thing that gets me is that all the people were one and decided to build a tower and make a name for themselves. A few questions come to mind with that. What exactly was this tower and what was its purpose ? What was the name they wanted to call themselves ? I believe it would be something that was almost familiar if you knew what it was. Sounds strange but I just get that feeling about that name. Another good point to look at is that God says in verse 6 that nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Think about that one moment. Whatever they imagined they could do. Was it a collective conscious kind of thing ? Possibly millions of people all concentrating on one idea at the same time ? There really is so much more to this.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Out of curiosity I did a quick search on ATS for this topic. There are many old threads about this. Its not a bad thing though. There is probably a ton of research already done in them. Cant hurt to check them out too.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here are some points to consider:

Obviously this is Biblical based and most know that it was the design of Nimrod who seemed belligerent against God. He apparently married his mother.

He designed the tower as an ego thing intending to show that he believed that he was a God himself. It was Gods punishment to have the people spread across the earth and confuses their tongues. It is thought that this created different nationalities across the globe.

This instigated the next world power, that being; Babylon.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I made that jump myself not long ago after watching the Kymatica videos.

Tow different sources yet we both had the same thought.

Serendipitous?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
We are obviously not all of one language.Ever been to Brussels? The folks there just smile and say yes to whatever you say. In whatever language they think you are speaking. Whenever some ruler begins to build a tower that will reach heaven, I will worry. Anyway, nice post OP. Gives one something to ponder.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
We are obviously not all of one language.Ever been to Brussels? The folks there just smile and say yes to whatever you say. In whatever language they think you are speaking. Whenever some ruler begins to build a tower that will reach heaven, I will worry. Anyway, nice post OP. Gives one something to ponder.

But even the lovely inhabitants of Brussels can by way of the Internet do a a web page translate and viola! One language.

That tower has already been built and is floating in space above our heads.

Now if we could only get seats for that trip to heaven.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I did do a search, for Genesis 11 and one language...both searches gave me many posts, that were inside threads...some insightful replies to most other ideas, ok, I am omitting the stargate idea.

but yeah, the internet, it allows us to bring all of our ideas, backgrounds and societies even, into a new dimension of understanding and communication, and with this, almost nothing we concieve is out of our grasp.

Jackflap, very good point, they knew they were doing something that went against gods comands. or, were trying to be against god, or be greater than him. I did like the idea of the hadron collider, in its search for the god particle was similar to the idea(a reply when I posted this under another forum)...when I think of what they were making, I have only a simple idea of a tower into the heavens so that they could be as high as god, maybe I don't give the ancients enough credit?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Oh,
and MatrixProphet, I will read your links more thouroughly tomorow...I glanced at most of them, and realized they required a complete read.
But it is time to retire for the evening as I work tomorow.
Thank you

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Poeple from all over the Earth are talking, and with the co-operation of peoples all accross this beutiful planet it appears as though nothing is outside of our grasp.

this is an interesting connection. i believe you are right. i believe 11:6, god is talking about technology and cooperation.

but why would god stop it by mixing up the languages at that time? the simple answer is it would have interfered with his timetable.

one of the traits of our technology and cooperation is that it ruins the earth. never before has earth had so many man made problems like pollution for example. mankind also has the capability to destroy themselves with nuclear missiles.

god required a certain amount of time for earth to survive so that satan´s challenge could be thoroughly tested. letting humans progress so quickly might not have allowed the opportunity.

at this point in time, allowing man to progress is ok because it coincides with his timetable. god will not let man permanently destroy the earth. considering that we live in the last days, god will intervene before man does any lasting damage.

unfortunately for man, that intervention is not a mere ¨humbling¨ but rather the fulfillment of daniel 2:[44]

¨And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. ¨

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ok, I guess to call The Great Day of Jehovah, the Tribulation that is to come upon us a "humbling experience for mankind" is a considerable understatement.

You have reminded me of the more important things Miriam...
I think I shall stop here with trying to sound smart and create "new ideas", not that there is anything wrong with being open minded and if something seems important and comes to mind, I now know a good place to share it, however: It is more important to study the truth, that my faith might be strengthened, and my hope made clear, so that when I am tested and go through trials, I may prove to have integrity to him that created everything. There is a lot interpretation, arguing about symantics and getting lost from the teachings of Jesus and the prophets. It is easy to get carried away with wistful ideas, and creative thinking.

But mainly, I cannot argue my viewpoints anywhere near as thoroughly as most on this website, its like throwing pebbles at a brick wall....so, until I can efficiently wield the sledghammer that is The Sword of Truth...I oughta step back and be a spectator.

Ahh, whom I trying to kid....That might last about two days, there is just too much neat stuff to comment on in all these discussions.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
genesis is very confusing especially in the begging of it god created man in his image and there were giants and sons of god mixed with daughters of men what the hell are they saying im totally confused i read the first chapter abouth fifty times and there are way to many gaps for this book annauaki feels in all the gaps but now its a question of were is my faith for this bible samarien gives good books that feel in gaps still questions my faith in this book kind of feel like adog in a cage released in a world were all i no is a cage just give me my cage back and im happy we will never understand the truth just faith of numbers in this cosmic world we are all equal aliens

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
it really looks like we were enginered if we really look at all the discoveries of our life humans are becoming more advanced then ever due to ridding out bad dna how can they do that if we werent enginered god created to beasts in genesis 1 for them and 1 for us why does he do that how does he have sons is god man we are not the sons if his asons mixed with our daughters of men were is his woman at just totally bs im tired of reading have ass stories need togo to the vatican with an ak and say free allah i want the real book not no fabricated stuff thats been selling for centruies on our death beds

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
why moses the only 1 to talk to god and see him as documented lost of stuff on mosees nothing on jesues it seems like jeseus was made for the cacausion system jeseus should of spread to the africans arabs and all of africa moses did why not jesus whites use these figeures to control relegion deeply and its a fact from early life used church to kill peoples and muhammed more confusing then ever but the people needed hope so i guess they followed im interested in budahboy i hope hes real hes doing some crazy stuff right now and if he can go without eating drinkinking water for some years hes gotta be connected in some way to god or higher being budah boy you better not be no hoaks like the rest of prophets

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join