It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

golden eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
in the 1995 james bond movie " golden eye " main villain wants to erase all personal data for people in london .

today it is 2009 and this is still impossible . do you think that such terrorist atack will one day be possible ?

what will happen if that accurse ?

without bank account or document with which people can clam any ownership ? it will be equal to total social chaos .

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Er... unless you have your receipts. Deeds, your car title, documentation, ect.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
most of the documents are just plastic and paper . they are valid only if theirs data are the same as the data in the computer archive . if the computer archive is erased they are worthless .

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'd think that we would cope until they installed the back up. I doubt that any records exist, that are so centralised that a support document or back up of some form does not exist somewhere else in the country. It would, in my view, be impossible to delete all traces of us. It'd admittedly, be more fun if it were possible. But given deeds are generally kept in your solicitor's office, DVLA info in Swansea, birth and marriage hard-copies at Catherine House etc, hitting a central computer in London is going to have very little long term impact. It may ruffle a feather or two, and probably cost millions in temp agency fees to check data, but beyond that...pouf!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I saw a very secret privately owned ex military underground base on telly once (no Idea where, they would not say of course).

They make a very good business of providing highly secure storage for well pretty much anything, if you could afford it you could stick it under a mountain for safe keeping.

Now I'm 100% sure banks and other financial organisations will have massive data servers and storage tucked away down there probably using a variety of technology's for storing data (magnetic, optical, hard copy something else not commercially available??) I can even imagine that once they have set it up no human interaction would be needed - seal the door and throw a virgin to the Minator once a week!

Then when some super villen does try to wipe all financial details the big boys will still have all your debts to pull up any time they like - don't worry about that
In fact they will probably have a field day because all the little guys would have lost all their data so would just have to take the banks word for everything!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i use atm and credit card on a daily base . if my bank prints state of my account every time after transaction it will need 2 - 3 papers every day .

it will be billion papers in the world every day . imagine such an archive .

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ravana2

How's about overnight the banks printing the entire days transactions incredibly tiny on something I'm gonna call ultra micro film... That cant be beyond the realms of technology, I think HSBC could fit every days transactions worldwide on a single A4 sized sheet! They can actually write text by moving individual atoms!!! I'm not talking that small here, just real small, youd need a special kinda microscope reader.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
your theory about military bases is maybe possible in north america & europe .

most of banks can`t pay that service or at least are not aloud to be part of that system .

i don't say that it is impossible to archive all transactions . but it`s highly unlikely .

there are some groups like anarchist which want to end existence of states . with a good virus and lot of luck they may do that .

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravana2
most of the documents are just plastic and paper . they are valid only if theirs data are the same as the data in the computer archive . if the computer archive is erased they are worthless .

WRONG. Paper, signed or sealed documents ALWAYS trump electronic documents in court. Keep your original documents, keep your credit card agreements. That way you'll never have to worry.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
your answer is very logical if such thing as court exists . in theory of total social chaos that is not a case . list of judges is erased . no judges - no court .

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ravana2

your answer is very logical if such thing as court exists . in theory of total social chaos that is not a case . list of judges is erased . no judges - no court .

Well, in case of total social chaos, it's very unlikely that the highly sophisticated data networks we now use would still be running, would it? All those electronic records would simply have vanished.

A physical record always trumps an electronic one. The physical record is the original - the real thing - while the computer one is a copy. This is recognized not only legally but also in common usage.

The fact is that, in a situation of social chaos, neither physical nor electronic records will be of any use - in times of social chaos, might is right. But chaos never lasts long in human affairs; order typically supervenes. When it has been restored, proofs of ownership will mean something again. At that point, you can dig your old title deeds and certificates out and re-present them and, who knows, they may actually be honoured.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm quite sure that such valuable mainframes either are (or are in the process of being) EMP shielded. Heck, you can pretty much make your own Faraday cage if you really wanted to, to protect your own electronics. These days, it wouldn't surprise me if the entire building worked like a Faraday cage for housing such equipment....

You could put a flashlight in a cardboard shoebox, wrap the box in tinfoil, and it would effectively protect the flashlight...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by ravana2

How's about overnight the banks printing the entire days transactions incredibly tiny on something I'm gonna call ultra micro film... That cant be beyond the realms of technology, I think HSBC could fit every days transactions worldwide on a single A4 sized sheet! They can actually write text by moving individual atoms!!! I'm not talking that small here, just real small, youd need a special kinda microscope reader.

I just wanted to comment here... out of interest.
There was a university somewhere just recently, who managed to store 32 bytes of data on an electron and retrieved it.....

Cool aye?

top topics

join