It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least One American Believed Killed by Freed Gitmo Prisoners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

At Least One American Believed Killed by Freed Gitmo Prisoners

www.foxnews.com

If the Guantanamo prison base is shut down, critics say, some military combatants currently held there will be sent back to their home countries — where they will rejoin terrorist groups and ultimately kill Americans.

It's already happened.

A New York woman was killed in a terrorist attack at the U.S. Embassy in Sana, Yemen, in September. And U.S. counterterrorism officials have now confirmed that Said Ali al-Shihri, 35, who was released from the Guantanamo Bay prison center in 2007, is the deputy leader of Al Qaeda in that Mideast country and is a suspect in the attack.

State Department officials have identified Susan Elbaneh, 18, of Lackawanna, N.Y., as one of at least 16 people — including her Yemeni husband — who died in the coordinated strike.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is getting VERY little coverage in the main stream media. Evidently this may not even be the first killing performed by a released detainee.

The US took continual flak for penning these animals up and giving them 3 squares a day, but now they are being released and starting their psycopathic killing rampage once again no one wants to know.

The reason? Even though this particular piece of human filth was released under the Bush administration, it's messiah Obama's idea to let them all go, and the media conspiracy of protecting his reputation is now hard at work.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

The reason? Even though this particular piece of human filth was released under the Bush administration, it's messiah Obama's idea to let them all go, and the media conspiracy of protecting his reputation is now hard at work.

How long has Obama been president and didn't he just announce the closure of Gitmo last week? One would presume that the prisoners were released under the Bush and Cheney watch, therefore, your ire should be directed at the previous administration for their incompetence.

With the incompetence of releasing dangerous prisoners one would have to ask whether their capture and abuse while in detention was entirely justified in the first place.

Furthermore, how can we be sure of the veracity of announcements by Faux that former prisoners are targeting and killing US soldiers. Killing American soldiers is a very hard thing to do particularly if you are a former Gitmo inmate of several years subject t torture and psychological abuse. Even if they were to conveniently make their ambitions known on video while sporting facial covering, one would have to dismiss their claims as acts of bluster born out of a desire for vendetta at best or a fraudulent psyops operation directed at US policy makers and voters.

[edit on 122828p://pm2838 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sooooo..

Somebody explain the point of Gitmo again then please.

You catch someone and stcik them in there (innocent or guilty), then after a few years of torture and rulthless interrogation by the Yanks, some of them get released.

The guilty one's use that pent up,, seething hatred as a catalyst and go out and commit more terror.

The innocent one's..... well they never used to hate the Yanks, but after a few years of hard torture, i'm pretty sure when they get released, they're not gonna be too happy.

So.... what's the bloody point?

As i've said before, this is a training ground for furture terrorism. It really is...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

It will get a whole lot worse before it gets any better...

We need only wait and watch...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So why would anyone believe anything these people say? Pretty much everything they've said for yeears has turned out to be lies.

Anyway, the key word is "suspect", which means it isn't proven.

Wait for the proof.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Retseh

It will get a whole lot worse before it gets any better...

We need only wait and watch...

Thank your last administration for it. More than once pretty much every civilized country has stressed to close Gitmo. Gitmo is a living hell that creates terrorists full of rightful hate against America. Not all people who were imprisoned at Gitmo were terrorists upon their arrival, however, they might very well have turned into terrorists after they left.

Now it's time to face the consequences.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Now it's time to face the consequences.

That's your opinion and you certainly have a right to it..

However, there are other theories and certainly other opinions just as valid and perhaps not so partisan.

Semper

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If I was "detained" for no reason, then freed; do you think I would just say "uh oh, never mind"

No I would seek revenge on anyone that even remotely resembled my captors.

now it's time to face the consequences

exactly!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

The US took continual flak for penning these animals up and giving them 3 squares a day, but now they are being released and starting their psycopathic killing rampage once again no one wants to know.

It's not so much the fact they were locked up, but the way they were treated when locked up.

It's entirely possible that the way they were treated converted some to a cause they otherwise would not have joined - pretty much the same way it has with prisons in Iraq.

Certainly, any person would want revenge for being tortured - which is not to say I condone any actions by so-called al qaeda.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The last administration captured these people, held them without charge, didn't keep proper records on their detention, evidence or suspected crimes, tortured them... Then let them go.

A lot of people were against Gitmo FOR THIS REASON, among others. And we were right.

This is only one of the consequences of treating people like that. And we must face them now.

We've signed agreements not to do this - The standards of our justice system are what they are (instead of the barbaric practices of the Bush administration) so that things like this don't happen.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just to be clear..

Are you referring to "Just George Bush"?

Or the Democratically controlled House and Senate that kept Gitmo going?

As only the House and Senate can pass legislation, I just want to be sure..

Semper

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Anybody notice the source is Fixed News? Come on now, this is just more propaganda against the Obama administratrion perpatrated by Rupert Murdoch and friends.

He made that annoucement like 2 weeks ago, and this is the government, do you actually think they had time to get out and travel there to kill somebody? I highly doubt it.

Besides I was under the impression they didn't know what to do with the detainees yet.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
The reason? Even though this particular piece of human filth was released under the Bush administration, it's messiah Obama's idea to let them all go,

Let them all go?

Where did you hear that?

Obama legal advisers draft plans for Guantánamo

• Plan calls for up to 80 detainees to be put on trial in the US
******SKIP******
Under plans drawn up by Obama's advisers, between 60 and 80 detainees would be put on trial in the US in a mix of civilian criminal courts and the court martial system. About 17 high-level detainees, such as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, would also go on trial but before a new version of a national security court - not the Bush administration's much criticised military tribunals.

And what about the rest of the 250 prisoners held there?

Just like you or me, if there is a lack of evidence, they will be let go!

The Pentagon concedes it has no evidence to charge the majority of the 250 detainees with terrorism.

Obama would return those prisoners to a third country, and in some cases the US would demand assurances that they would remain under surveillance.

it's messiah Obama's idea

How come it seems like the only people who call Obama a "messiah" are the ones who dislike him?

I've yet to hear someone who supports or voted for him call him a "messiah"!

[edit on 2/7/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Just to be clear..

Are you referring to "Just George Bush"?

Or the Democratically controlled House and Senate that kept Gitmo going?

As only the House and Senate can pass legislation, I just want to be sure..

Semper

I thought that was the job of the Executive Branch to enforce the laws as they interpet. The Democrats did not control the House and Senate for all of GWs 8 years. Did Congress ask GW and Cheney and crew to waterboard those prisoners? Provide evidence please. Thank you mod.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And the terror attacks would have ceased had the Gitmo prisoners remained in custody and continued being not only poorly treated but tortured?

No. The attacks would have continued.

To state that a Gitmo detainee participated in an attack after being released is a poor attempt to rationalize and justfy the torture that occurred and redeem the practice in the eyes of ignorant Americans.

The logic is fallacious.

link   
Double Post..I repeat the logic is fallacious.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

link   
Okay so the government rounded up "terrorists," held them illegally, didn't keep adequate records, tortured them, didn't put them on trial, and when Bush finally lets one of 'em go... they are angry enough at Americans to bomb our embassy.... sounds about right.

The argument is in the way the prison was ran, the procedures, the treatment of the inmates, the lack of a fair trial... if these guys were as evil as we are told then it should be a pretty open and shut case when you take them to trial... so why not take them to trial? hmmm...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

I agree, that points the finger to the people who were doing the detaining. What possible evidence even aloud them to hold these people for so long? A phone call? A name shared with somebody on the no-fly list?

That base in it's entirety is ridiculous and should have been demolished years ago. It's ridiculous to think that those people will never get justice for what happened to them, wether they were terrorists or not. They're just gonna be set free and have a mark on their backs for the rest of they're lives.

They'll either be scared of being taken again by the authorities, or killed by an extremist group for telling them any info (if they had it).

I think if Obama wants to gain the trust of the people, he should start by prosecuting all those involved in the detainment of prisoners at Gitmo and Ahbu Grave prisons.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

I thought that was the job of the Executive Branch to enforce the laws as they interpet. The Democrats did not control the House and Senate for all of GWs 8 years. Did Congress ask GW and Cheney and crew to waterboard those prisoners? Provide evidence please. Thank you mod.

1. No, The laws are interpreted by the Supreme Court, (As well as Appellate Courts to some extent)
2. The Democrats Controlled BOTH the House and Senate for the last 2 years of President Bush's Administration.
3. I was not aware that President Bush or Vice President Cheney Water-Boarded anyone. Source Please?
4. Name is Semperfortis, please refer here:
Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

Thank you
Semper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join