It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Region VI, Denton, TX drive by video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was driving past FEMA Region VI center in Denton, TX today so I brought the camera along. This didn't work out as well as I would have liked. Due to road construction it's just 2 lanes and no shoulder in front of the facility so I couldn't stop and get a better video. Hopefully they'll have the road work completed this year and I can go back and get some better shots.

The place really isn't that large. What strikes you the most about it is that it's built on what looks like a false hill, and it is covered in an array of different antennae. I wonder how much of this is underground? The video shows the sudden elevation change much better than what's displayed on Google maps. It looks like a completely fabricated hill.

Google Maps view

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 7-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
yea i live out there as well. its off the loop 288 exit. been by the place a few times and i know a few people who were recently laid off right before christmas. now they are talking about giving them their jobs back. its got a pretty secure fence perimeter too. i keep asking the people who got laid off about what they used to do while they worked there but i never get much.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
One of the best articles I've seen on this is an interview that was in a University of North Texas (UNT, a local college) paper. They even managed a few inside photos.

media.www.ntdaily.com...

The article states that the site has 2 floors underground, but a post here on ATS hints that there might be more.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is obviously a FEMA emergency communications center..hence all the different antennas. Some of them are typical HAM band antennas and CB band antennas. There is a SW array there too (upside down umbrella frame).

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I lived in the area and the thing that struck me most about this civil relief facility was the number of antennas and the security. The only base I was ever on with this type of security were nuclear in nature, pre-9/11.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I work within a few miles from this bunker. Many people were told that there is 4 stories under the man-made hill when it was being built. I know a few people who have lived in Denton, TX their entire lives tell me this as well. It is definitely more than 2 floors.

There is a FEMA call center just south of this location off of loop 288. A co-worker of mine has an in-law who works there, but remains clueless on the bunker.

What I found funny was on this video. The first 10 seconds of this well known FEMA concentration camp video shows footage from the Denton, TX bunker. However, I do not believe that they were referring to it as a camp, because they were just transitioning to the camp section of the documentary.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Unmask The Deception]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I can't comment on the installation that the OP refers to but I have been to Dachau, which is a nice little town a few miles out of Munich, Germany.

Driving up to the "installation" the Nazis maintained there during the Hitler years, I was struck by the size of it. It was much larger than my mind's eye expected. It looked like a thoroughly well thought out government installation, sort of on the scale of an industrial park that might be established by one of the automakers.

So . . . it was bigger than what TV and the movies had led me to believe a concentration camp should be, but I am pretty sure that it was sized relative to it's function. It wasn't really that big, as the thought of murdering a handful of million people might lead one to expect. I think in actuality about 50,000 people were murdered there.

The thing to remember is that Dachau, (like the Denton, Texas facility?) is part of a large network consisting of collection/trans-shipment camps, work camps and death camps. (Of course death could and did occur in all of them.)

It would be interesting to know the complete map of the FEMA facilities/camps. It might give clues as to the location of potential extermination facilities along the the line of Auschwitz, if they are out there.

Suppose a FEMA camp were discovered in the middle of the Mohave Desert. One might ask oneself, "Of what possible use could a camp like that be, in a location like that?" The Nazi precedent suggests a very unpleasant answer.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hmm, guess I'll have to make a special drive up to them there neck of the woods.

There sure are a lot on antennas.

Dbates, did you notice if the barbed wire was angled in or out along the perimeter??

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I suppose on one hand they have to work someplace, but on the other hand with all the funding you would expect a bit less industrial park theme to the headquarters.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Hey I drove past this today!

Thanks Dbates I thought of doing this very thing, except with the road construction you mentioned I held off.

There is at least part of it undergrount, where the fencing goes around the facility.

The antennas have been there for at least 20 years, it's not like they have been building up in recent times or anything.

I have not ever actually seen anything "Suspicious" there though. I will certainly post if I ever do.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The barb wire is pointing outward, and the fence is nothing special. Too easy to be breached. This is most likely not a camp if that is what you are hinting at. There are no train tracks to it either.

I have noticed more trucks than usual at the loading docks lately though.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unmask The Deception
reply to post by Alxandro

The barb wire is pointing outward, and the fence is nothing special. Too easy to be breached. This is most likely not a camp if that is what you are hinting at. There are no train tracks to it either.

I have noticed more trucks than usual at the loading docks lately though.

I do agree.

I have always heard that it is a regional headquarters, and a place where the sitting president goes in case of an emergency... instead of a classroom, you know.

I also doubt that there is much underground. The ground here is very prone to shifting and cracking with the seasons and it is exctremely difficult to build anything underground. Even water mains don't last long.

But who knows, they have to put the $500 toilet seats somewhere...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I lived in the area and the thing that struck me most about this civil relief facility was the number of antennas and the security. The only base I was ever on with this type of security were nuclear in nature, pre-9/11.

There was in fact a nuclear missle site outside of town for a while. Up until a few years ago it was used as an observatory by UNT. Now it is completely defunct but perhaps back in the day, you wouldn't be too far off the mark.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I order my water fitlers from DEnton TX, i live in southwest CT...pwgazzette.com guys names i gene, ima gunna ak him if he knows this palce and all,..ima god customer of his

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I order my water fitlers from DEnton TX, i live in southwest CT...pwgazzette.com guys names i gene, ima gunna ak him if he knows this palce and all,..ima god customer of his

I think I know that man, good guy...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure if y'all are aware of it, but theres another FEMA camp in I think Carrolton. I U2U'd Doomsday 2029 about it because he posted on it, and I wanted to know about it because I live south of Dallas; this is what Doomsday 2029 had to say:

"It is in Carrollton.

if you get on Google Maps look for where Belt Line Road intersects Stemmons Freeway (35)...

then look for where Crosby Rd intersects Hufton Dr. (NW corner is where I saw the barbed wire pointing inward and not outward)

There are a lot of major Rail Road intersections in this area as well...

This was about a year ago when I went there... I'll be going back in the near future to see if I can spot anything else out of the ordinary."

Carrolton isn't to far away from Denton, or where I'm at, but as you can see, this one has the Rail Road intersections.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by ChrisJr03]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

I'm pretty sure that's just a shunting yard.

There's a lot of industrial stuff out there, do you have a reputible source to FEMA having a presence there?

[edit on 8-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Negative; I could not locate the article or video where I saw/read it. I'd heard of the Carrolton one for a a couple of years now. I, however, was not aware of one in Denton.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
Negative; I could not locate the article or video where I saw/read it. I'd heard of the Carrolton one for a a couple of years now. I, however, was not aware of one in Denton.

I have heard nothing about FEMA in that area of Carrolton. I am about 95% sure that what he sees on Google map is just a big rail yard used by quite a few of the legitimate businesses in the area.

Come up with a source and I will change my mind but I am very skeptical, since I've been there recently, and since people tend to get so paranoid to the point of blindness on this subject.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
then look for where Crosby Rd intersects Hufton Dr. (NW corner is where I saw the barbed wire pointing inward and not outward)

There are a lot of major Rail Road intersections in this area as well...

This was about a year ago when I went there... I'll be going back in the near future to see if I can spot anything else out of the ordinary."

No need, I drive through that intersection at least once every other week. That's just a lumber and building supply storage yard. You can visit that on Google Street view. (Click to go there)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join