It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to abolish IRS introduced

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Haven't read any discussion on whether collecting income tax is constitutionally lawful. Bill Benson, since 1984, has been taking on the IRS on the grounds that the 16th amendment was never ratified by 3/4 of the states in 1913. A Chicago Federal District Court placed a permanent injunction against him for "falsely" telling people that the 16th amendment was never ratified._javascript:icon('
')

Would open up a whole new can of worms....especially since the Reps listed previously want to revamp the ol' tax system.

Follow his case at TheLawThatNeverWas.com/new/home.asp

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You know, I read something last night about Income Tax that made me laugh. Do you know how unpatriotic you are for not paying taxes? *sarcasm*

Here's what I read, verbatim ...

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. notably said "Taxes are what we pay for civilized society." We should be proud that the vast majority of American citizens pay their taxes honestly and of their own free will. In an ever more complex and global world, we cannot take for granted this cornerstone principle of our democracy.

That is the first paragraph located on form 1040 instructions book "A Message from the Commissioner"

I, for one, would absolutely love it if they did away with income tax. Personally, if my bf and I "net" $30,000 combined income during the year 2008 we will have to pay over 28% of that income as taxes? Not just the standard 13% anyone else would pay. Why? Because we are "Self-Employed" and would have to pay an additional 15.3% tax for that "privilage"

Another NWO tactic? More than likely. They don't want free thinking ambitious individuals to prosper.

p.s. the reason I put "combined" in bold is because we are "owner operators" meaning we own our own truck. Out delivering freight to this great country of ours so people will have their toilet paper and shiny objects and we drive team. Driving team we will be LUCKY if we clear that much.

edited because I goofed on the bold tag!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by cnichols]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There is absolutely no way our present administration would allow something like this to pass. Why would they essentially give away their chicken that lays their golden eggs? Especially after pushing this huge pork filled stimulus package.

They might be crooked - but they're not stupid.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

You are right, food shouldnt be taxed. But you do realize that even on food, about 23% of what you pay...is a tax?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I apologize if this link is already here on the thread somewhere....

www.fairtax.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

I hate to break it to you people but here goes. There is NO law that requires a private citizen to pay a tax on the money they earn. There never has been and as long as the Constitution is the law of the land there never can be.

Don't get me wrong. There is a law that requires businesses and certain people (government officials and officers, appointed and elected people) to pay a tax on their pay as well as people who earn money in a foreign country that has a tax treaty with the US. In fact, the form 1040 most people use to file taxes has never been approved for that use.

The only form approved for use to report income is a form 2555 which is Foreign Earned Income. How many of you have foreign earned income?

You can really learn a lot by reading the various laws yourself instead of believing what someone tells you or what you've heard.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hahahaha... just when you thought Republicans couldn't do anything sillier, here they go trying to capture the uninformed public's attention by waving dollar bills in front of them. "No more taxes guys, please like us!"
PR anyone?

So let me get this straight - the right-wing's answer to solving the financial crisis, and America's debt, is by eliminating the country's number one source of revenue, and discouraging consumer spending?
Not to mention this bill is fundamentally flawed as it would only increase the burden on the poor, while the rich could avoid taxes entirely by having their items imported or through the formation of black markets. What percent of the rich's income would go into a sales tax? Do you really think they'd spend 50% of their total income... taxing the annual income is the only reason our current tax system works.

Please see: en.wikipedia.org...

A regressive tax is a tax imposed in such a manner that the tax rate decreases as the amount subject to taxation increases.[1][2][3][4][5] In simple terms, a regressive tax imposes a greater burden (relative to resources) on the poor than on the rich — there is an inverse relationship between the tax rate and the taxpayer's ability to pay as measured by assets, consumption, or income. "Regressive" describes a distribution effect on income or expenditure, referring to the way the rate progresses from high to low, where the average tax rate exceeds the marginal tax rate.[6][7] It can be applied to individual taxes or to a tax system as a whole; a year, multi-year, or lifetime. Regressive taxes attempt to reduce the tax incidence of people with higher ability-to-pay, as they shift the incidence disproportionately to those with lower ability-to-pay. The

Anyone still wondering why the only balanced budget and federal surplus during the past 20 years came while Clinton was in office? It's because of ridiculous stunts like this that the republicans like to pull, where their only concern comes from increasing their wealth as opposed to the nations'.

Ask yourself this: why now... why not during the last 8 years while a Republican was president? The answer: Obama has been warning the rich of a tax hike... Republicans want their buddies to know they're still working for them, even if they know this bill is destined for abject failure.

... and the rich get richer, while you fools cheer their every move. I suggest some of you stop listening to Alex Jones... it's through outlets like his where these ideas are spread and given unquestioned validity, while thinking it's "revolutionary" and believe he's really fighting for "freedom and liberty," when it's really his pocketbook he's concerned about. What it all boils down to is the rich versus the poor.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blagojevich

Hmmm....I am going to hazard a guess that you think the Fair Tax is a bad thing...and you would be completely wrong. And as it is written, it does not place the burden on the poor. In all actuality, the poor will have more money in their hands.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Anyone still wondering why the only balanced budget and federal surplus during the past 20 years came while Clinton was in office? It's because of ridiculous stunts like this that the republicans like to pull, where their only concern comes from increasing their wealth as opposed to the nations'

Second thought, I should have read your whole post before I responded. The above statement shows just how little you know about the budget and its history. The 'balanced' budget and the surpluses only came after the GOP rammed the Contract with America (tax cuts) and Welfare Reform down Clinton's throat. Even still, the United States added almost two trillion dollars to its debt during Bill Clinton's time in office.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"40 have signed on to Rep. John Linder's [GA-7] bill to abolish the
income tax, and replace it with a national sales tax."

Great!! So instead of a loaf of bread costing $2.00 its going to cost $20.00
Great thinking. When is enough enough?
F*&^ us all. We deserve what we get if we stay on the couch if this thing passes.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Actually, no it wouldnt. You want to know why? If you are dumb enough to try to charge that, Im going to make/sell bread at 1.50 a loaf, make a bunch of money and put you out of business. We wouldnt be the first country to switch to a national sales tax...and it works in the other places it has been tried.

I am going to guess that you do not realize that with every good and service you purchase, about 23% of what you pay is a tax. Even on food, because the grocery stores still have to pay social security/medicare/unemployment taxes. All that changes under the Fair Tax, no more SS/Medicare withholding, no more matching contributions from our employers.

Fair tax will put more money in EVERYONE'S pockets.....do you have a problem with that?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think there's no need for tax renewal policy. The current state of our economy calls for accountability and transparency with regards to this matter. The GOP is taking aims at newly picked Democratic candidate Scott Murphy in the 20th Congressional race, saying he owes $21,550 in back taxes and penalties in 1997 and 1998 for a company he owned, Small World Software, Inc.

The three top Auto Dealers in the United States, namely: General Motors (GM), Chrysler, and Ford almost at the brink of bankruptcy. The federal government will have to step in and use the American taxpayers' money to bail them out.

No wonder why Scott Murphy is the next GOP's tax target as shown in TV.

Scott Murphy for Congress Tax Liens

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
reply to post by Total Reality

Isn't it strange that Ron Paul has not signed this bill (yet)?

How odd, I would suspect he would be frontrunner on this one.

If he won't sign it, I think the reason is that he knows that a tax on your income is unconstitutional, and shifting it to a tax on spending might make it look better to us but doesn't make it sit any better with his conscience.

According to the constitution, taxes must be apportioned. This means everybody pays the same amount. A federal sales tax or income tax is thus unconstitutional, period.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Try doing some research for once. "Poor" individuals will get "prebate" checks to cover the taxes on necessities of life.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join