It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps May Be Able to Track Your Every Move...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like this technology, which has been around for sometime now, will be released this Wednesday to the public...

The new software to be released Wednesday will enable people with mobile phones and other wireless devices to automatically share their whereabouts with family and friends.

The software plots a user's location — marked by a personal picture on Google's map — by relying on cell phone towers, global positioning systems or a Wi-Fi connection to deduce their location. The system can follow people's travels in the United States and 26 other countries.

Source

Here is a screen shot from Google showing what it will look like to user...who knows what version the Gov't gets...

Wow...I'm sure they have been able to do this for sometime, but the possible NWO implications are endless...

If the user does not want their exact location shown, they have the option of only displaying what city they are currently in...and though Google states that the user will have to manually turn on the tracking software themselves, I highly doubt that the user is the only one that can activate the process...

And Google states that they can track a person's location within a few yards...this software will definitely have positive results, such as finding a lost child or a kidnapping victim - but at what cost to our liberties...?

And I guess that is the ultimate question - will this software 'cause more harm than good..?

I think only time will tell, but my money is on more harm than good...

Not to be a Luddite, but please keep this in mind before you take any action with this newly available technology...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think it's time to ditch my phone.
I think that this is only a small watered down version of what the 'shades' have access to already.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

I'm considering it as well...

But, I find myself getting cold sweats when I think about giving up my cell...between the ability to talk and txt with people, I like the multi-media function...but at what cost..?

Definitely worth considering...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I doubt that it'll be that accurate for civvie use, and anyone who thinks that people couldn't be tracked by their mobile phones as soon as they were introduced to the general public is a fool.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Thank god I ditched the phone. Yeah it makes it a bit harder to communicate but there are ways around it. It's a great feeling to not be dependent on the cellie. What sucks is I have one for work but that just stays in the office

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple

Thank god I ditched the phone. Yeah it makes it a bit harder to communicate but there are ways around it. It's a great feeling to not be dependent on the cellie. What sucks is I have one for work but that just stays in the office

Ditching your mobile is just an utter inconvenience to be honest. Every time you turn on your computer, you can be tracked if this is desired. Same as making a call through a landline. Unless you're sending your correspondence around by carrier pigeon or something, the only one losing out from not having a mobile is you.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jBrereton

Interesting you said that...

To widen the software's appeal, Google is offering a version that can be installed on personal computers as well. The PC access is designed for people who don't have a mobile phone but still may want to keep tabs on their children or someone else special, Lee said. People using the PC version can also be watched if they are connected to the Internet through Wi-Fi.

Same Source as Above!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

LOL please. I don't do it because i'm worried the government is tracking my every move. Cell phones are terrible for you. They are a pain to keep track of (for me at least). It saves money. Plenty of reasons I dont have one. Yeah it's a little inconvenient but i'm fine with it. I did like the carrier pigeon remark. Classic!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

OH NO! VOLUNTARY TRACKING DEVICES ON YOUR PC! SET FIRE TO YOUR TECHNOLOGY FOLKS, OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES ARE BEING STOMPED ON!

Or don't. Because unless you want to try to make every dealing you do with anyone in your life in cash, not own a mobile phone, bank account, computer, landline, nor pay any bills (and/or taxes), nor write down who you are in any national or lower-level cencus, or go to hospital, or drive, you can be tracked.

Here's my advice - accept it and get on with the rest of your life.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple

[Mobile phones] are a pain to keep track of (for me at least).

Front right pocket for maximum victory.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I saw this in the news yesterday.

They also added Google Ocean.

Personally I wouldn't use it. The problem I see is with all the different scenarios. One example; suppose I don't want to activate mine, but am with someone who has, then I did it anyways. Those who fall for it, and the majority will eventually because 'it's so cool" are contributing to the spying and networking they're trying to establish.

I HATE Google Earth, it's an invasion of privacy. It should only be accessable to police or govt, not civilian use for all the nosey and dangerous people out there to spy on you and track your whereabouts. The govt can track you if they want anyways, but why make it easier for them?

S&F

BTW, you can request your home is removed from street view, but you need to give good reason why. Here's how you do it:

Remove your home from street view

And ...

Google Phonebook Name Removal

If your phone number is unlisted (private) it won't be on there

[edit on 4-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jBrereton

Originally posted by chapter29

OH NO! VOLUNTARY TRACKING DEVICES ON YOUR PC! SET FIRE TO YOUR TECHNOLOGY FOLKS, OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES ARE BEING STOMPED ON!

Or don't. Because unless you want to try to make every dealing you do with anyone in your life in cash, not own a mobile phone, bank account, computer, landline, nor pay any bills (and/or taxes), nor write down who you are in any national or lower-level cencus, or go to hospital, or drive, you can be tracked.

Here's my advice - accept it and get on with the rest of your life.

Appreciate the sarcasm...as dull an attempt as it was.

I do not want to give up my tech devices anymore than you do; but what's the harm in taking precaution when deciding what works for you and what doesn't..?

Like you, I too refuse to walk around in Kleenex boxes, but some precaution seems warranted...

Here's my advice - accept that you can prevent certain intrusions into your life without giving everything up...O' ya - and sharpen you wit.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Truly terrifying.... they have had the capabilities for a while (as you said) but usually only use it in extreme cases, like missing kids, abductions....serious crime.
All phones with GPS can and are and will be used in this way now....we are truly now right in the middle of 1984 times!!

It's coming to fruition....

Great thread mate, wake some people up for sure

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I seem to suffer from a certain degree of pareidolia in regards to some moon images, but aside from that, I think I'm fairly normal. And this sounds extremely intrusive to me. It gives me the creeps.

I can just imagine what reading this news will do to a truly paranoid person.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hey, I liked your comment, especially about the fact about tracking people via mobile devices when needed in serious crimes, easy to track people down.

However for general use? It's almost like stalking, isn't it?

(But if I got you right, if you want to be found, for lack of better wording, you have to activate a programme on your phone? Or just turn it on? Sorry, had such a slow day today! ta!)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I for one welcome my NWO overlords.

I've never been one to be ga-ga for google. It has too much of my information in easy view.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I can just imagine what reading this news will do to a truly paranoid person.

I think I have your answer my friend...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jBrereton
I doubt that it'll be that accurate for civvie use, and anyone who thinks that people couldn't be tracked by their mobile phones as soon as they were introduced to the general public is a fool.

My sim card cost $4 and I didn't have to tell anyone at Target who I was when I got it. And I found the phone itself (cheap old nokia job - all it does is act like a phone, which for a phone, is all it should do)

So Im a random phone number. I can sometimes understand the paranoia that people have about these things, but sometimes I just stare at the monitor and blink because my eyes can't believe when theyre reading. I can't wait to see what the rest of this thread has to offer..

I heard about this feature of google at least a year ago. It was about the time people were freaking out about the government knowing exactly where everyone would be, when google were talking about Street View, and how it's an invasion of privacy and the world is crumbling under the weight of the corporate corruption and government secret agendas...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Least we be able to see where our kids are at.
Also might stop rapes and murders ?

just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join