It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Goes Ballistic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

"maybe it was God using Mr. Bale as his instrument of justice. "

Can't god just give the guy a break. He's already got him as an instrument of Justice in Gotham, and now this...
:-)

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Can you say “anger management”? What a bad knight!

I listened to the clip Sunday night, and to say the very least I was shocked. If Bale was caught up in character, it doesn’t take nearly four minutes to realize you’ve just gone overboard! Sorry, no excuses for Bale. He has some serious issues that have nothing to do with this crew member.

Do I feel sorry for Bale? Yeah, kind of… I feel for both the crew member and Bale who has probably never been so humiliated in his life! ((I hope my dirty laundry doesn’t get aired as publicly as his…)) nobody’s perfect, but all the same, I'll bet ya his manager has given him a butt chewing and is saying,

“Can you say anger management?”

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

I'm totally gonna do a spoof vid of this for youtube... this dude is a sucky actor in my opinion... when I watched the last batman movie I noticed something.... HEATH was a great actor and something else was obvious to me, BALE was the worst actor to portray batman ever, his voice just sounded like a joke, as if the actor felt he was in a crummy cartoon, batman is a great role for an actor I don't feel he has lived up to the previous actors in the role.

Also this audio is obviously due to the fact that they don't want to lose millions if Bale quits so its sort of like legal blackmail, Bale and elite hollywood in general mostly act like this on a regular basis... it just makes me want to puke... all the humble actors get nowhere while people like this get ahead...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
When i first started listening to it all i could think was Bale you a-hole, but than i realised how ive spazzed out in my job at co-workers while im in the middle of doing something and them coming and annoying/disturbing me.Now i think its funny and i cant be a hypocrite like that i lose my rag all the time at work and make myself come off like a jerk just like him haha.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

WOW! You talk to your coworkers like that? I would think that that sort of attitude would get its butt kicked in the real working world.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A friend of mine was an background/extra in the Terminator with Bale and witnessed the tirade. He said the guy that Bale went off on deserved it for always trying to be in the shot and would never shut up when the director or AD said "quiet on the set"

Bale should have just had a PA fire the guy then and there.
I work in movies/TV and it is important to follow directions. It's a huge team effort and one unthinking person can screw up a very expensive shot.

When the PA's holler "Rolling" "Shut the **** up"

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A friend of mine was an background/extra in the Terminator with Bale and witnessed the tirade. He said the guy that Bale went off on deserved it for always trying to be in the shot and would never shut up when the director or AD said "quiet on the set"

Why would the dp try and be in any shot, let alone every shot. This wasn't some extra, this was the Director of Photography. They, generally, stay behind the camera.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

Getting disturbing and shouting at someone to beat it is one thing. But a four minute tyrade of verbal abuse is another and uncalled for.

They may be an "amateur" but he wouldn't have a working set without them.

And many people close to him say he is a hothead. Is brooding and moody.
So basically an unpleasant person.

Many people who go into acting are a little off kilter. They crave constant attention. Many are narcissists, in the psychological sense of the word.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by whaaa

Why would the dp try and be in any shot, let alone every shot. This wasn't some extra, this was the Director of Photography. They, generally, stay behind the camera.

True....perhaps my friend misconstrued the situation.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well I just talked to my dad and he's worked with the DP a few times in the past as a director. He said that the DP in question is actually a pretty nice guy but that he can be a typical overly obsessed artist with his craft.

He says that in general DP's walking in the shot while the actors are rehearsing happens all the time. But that it's also general knowledge that you don't distract the actors when they are doing a full rehearse before the shot is filmed. they are trying to get into the scene analyze it and themselves and do very last minute refining and polishing of their part.

It irritates them to no end when you walk into their line of sight when they are in that mode. It's considered improprietus and bad form to do so. it's unprofessional but to be honest it happens on most sets.

The DP would never walk into the shot while they re rolling as he is the guy standing right behind the camera man, directing the actual photography/filming. Neither would this guy.

All this being said. Bale is right. WTF is the DP doing. It's unprofessional.

But everyone agrees that Bale went over the top. he lost it for a moment. Nobody agrees with HIS behavior either. But in general Bale was right. just being an A-hole about how he went about it.

Would the DP get fired over a situation like this. No.

Would Bale have the leverage to fire a DP of this stature for something like this. No.

Did bale have to apologize to the DP late. Most Likely they apologized to each other privately later. It's not exactly easy to get another great DP on short notice. the good ones are generally working.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Listen, I don't give a
what someone does in their private lives, but
on a
movie set you better
believe you should be a professional! This goes equally for
Bale and the DP those lazy

What the
was he thinking yelling at this
? That kind of verbal abuse makes me
sick!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
These actors are some of the most spoiled pampered individuals on the planet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join