It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Goes Ballistic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Batman Goes Ballistic

www.tribemagazine.com

Christian Bale losing it...
on the set of Terminator 4 to a crew member who walked on set.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Actor Christian Bale loses it on the set of Terminator. The clip was recorded in July but held back due to legal reasons with Bale and the insurance company for the movie.

After hearing this kind of whiny baby "Me Me, My set etc.." B.S, I'm never going to look at his Batman character the same. The movies are still great, but wow.. What a baby.

Peace

www.tribemagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How do I move this to "Education & Media" ? Sorry 2nd post here.

Thanks

[edit on 3-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
He supposedly beat the hell out of his mom a few month back too, this doesn't really suprise me if it is true. Sometimes when you become famous you forget that being a whiny little wuss does ot make one a tough guy.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
How do I move this to "Education & Media" ? Sorry 2nd post here.

Thanks

You can u2u a mod to asking to move a thread or use the Complain/Suggestion form to ask for help.

I'll take care of this for you.

Edit to add: OK someone moved it already.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
why should he have to put up with an amature distracting him on the set while shooting ??

he should not have too...and it sounds like others on the set knew it too.

It's hard enough to remember your lines, where to stand in shot and say your lines without some tool walking around just off camera distracting you.

it's like having someone's cell phone go off and ring during a theater performance....it is rude and uncalled for.

Bale is a pro and he is in the right.....it's the media that's turning this into farce and making him look bad when he ample cause for blowing up.

AG

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

He didn't beat up his mom and sis. It was a verbal scuttle.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Wow, that guy shoulda caught hold of bale by the throat and given him a damned good kicking. Who the hell do these so called actors think they are ?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I heard he threw one of those battarangs at his mom.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Thanks for putting this post where it belongs Hal9000.

I was still halfway through my 1st tea so I wasn't really paying attention..

Half Zombie/Half Man

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think this might be from a time where he wasn't very calm, possibly.

You know just after Heath ledger died etc. And the problems with his mother.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
he was in the middle of a scene and the DP walked into the scene. He lost it.

Here's what you need to know about this.

he's working and the guy who screwed up the scene should know better. Bale does end the tirade with "look, your a nice guy but.."

he actually seemed to realize he was going over the top and pulled himself back a bit.

remember, he's acting, in character, playing a guy who is fighting evil robot killing machines and he is in the mood, in the scene and bam, he is now supposed to be christian bale again.

I'm not defending him entirely, just saying there's more here than a spoiled actor acting like a jerk.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I just listened to it.
His accent changes about four times during the whole tirade, sounded like a Madonna interview where she goes back and forth from British to American.

My question is, where was the director?

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

he's working and the guy who screwed up the scene should know better. Bale does end the tirade with "look, your a nice guy but.."

he actually seemed to realize he was going over the top and pulled himself back a bit.

Yeah the nice guy comment, made me feel like he couldn't control his anger, and felt he WAS going over the top, getting too angry, but had to let it out anyway lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

"I'm not defending him entirely, just saying there's more here than a spoiled actor acting like a jerk. "

--------------------------------------------------------

There's also more to a movie than just one man. Hes a great actor, but my cat could star in the "Terminator" and it would still make 30 million opening weekend.

Peace

My cute cat, not the 19 yr old one... Edited for clarity..

[edit on 3-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

as I said, I'm not saying he's in the right here but he's in the midst of a scene, could be a very intense scene, we don't know, he could be working up to this big, anger filled scene or some other volatile emotional state and the guy walks in, killing the scene. the adrenaline, the emotions and the moment all intertwine and he becomes John Conner for a minute or two.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Oh, I get were your coming from. I respect whatever method an actor requires to get in scene. They're all different. You've got Daniel Day Lewis who apparently was still being "Bill the Butcher" a year after "Gangs Of New York" was released and then guys like Heath Ledger who apparently could slip in and out of his Joker routine on the drop of a dime. Don't get the wrong idea from those two examples, In no way am I comparing Daniel Day to Heath, because there is no comparison. Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor of our day IMO.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

sounded like a Madonna interview where she goes back and forth from British to American.

I know a lot of people chide her for this, but I think I may know something of it...

When I was in 6th and 7th grade, I was overseas, and had all British teachers. I'm a guy who just naturally picks up accents, so I couldn't help but pick it up... Took me a couple of years to go back to normal so to speak, and during those years, I would often slip back and forth (I still do with European spelling now and then). I imagine Madonna is similar in that respect...

It's actually funny, if I go to my Grandma's house (rural FL), I'll be saying "aint'" and "y'all" in no time flat,

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is why the director usually yells "Quiet on the set!" They can be very strict when it comes to outside noise, and especially cell phones.

Actors get into "The Zone" and remain in it while filming, and some long after. Johnny Depp apparently remains in character in the off hours also. When this happens, they really become the character and what the character is feeling.

It would be easy to overreact if doing a tough or angry scene. But Christian Bale may have "issues" in real life. I briefly met him, and he was quiet and shy.

Everyone has a bad day.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I know a lot of people chide her for this, but I think I may know something of it...

When I was in 6th and 7th grade, I was overseas, and had all British teachers. I'm a guy who just naturally picks up accents, so I couldn't help but pick it up... Took me a couple of years to go back to normal so to speak, and during those years, I would often slip back and forth (I still do with European spelling now and then). I imagine Madonna is similar in that respect...

It's actually funny, if I go to my Grandma's house (rural FL), I'll be saying "aint'" and "y'all" in no time flat,

I'm the same way, I really don't know what accent I truly have lol.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
From what I've heard from talk in the industry. (my family is heavily involved in the film indst.) The DP who got yelled at was the one usually doing the ranting and screaming on set. So maybe it was God using Mr. Bale as his instrument of justice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join