It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: UN fabricates story of Israel shelling UNRWA school in Gaza (Confirmed)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5cb2e5926ad.jpg[/pressimg] Hold on to your socks because this is going to shock them right off of your feet. Israel did not shell the school in Gaza as we were led to believe. Desipite article after article on how Israel had stooped to shelling school yards, it turns out that this really isn't the case at all. The school was never attacked.

Most people remember the headlines: Massacre Of Innocents As UN School Is Shelled; Israeli Strike Kills Dozens At UN School. There was just one problem: The story, as etched in people's minds, was not quite accurate.

Physical evidence and interviews with several eyewitnesses, including a teacher who was in the schoolyard at the time of the shelling, make it clear: While a few people were injured from shrapnel landing inside the white-and-blue-walled UNRWA compound, no one in the compound was killed. The 43 people who died in the incident were all outside, on the street, where all three mortar shells landed.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

So 43 people were killed in the street. This is serious enough and would no doubt require an investigation of some sort. But why exclaim or lead everyone to believe that a school was shelled? Why, because sensationalist in the media or Hamas wanted a bigger story. This seems to be the case with most of the stories or tragedy that came out of this last battle with Hamas. They take an actual event, blow it out of proportion, and then sell it to the world as the truth.

I know some here will want to focus on the 43 deaths. An investigation into this would merely be a fact check. Turning standard war fatalities into criminal war crimes through twisting of the facts is however, a conspiracy to hide the truth. Why isn't the truth good enough? It would seem that someone in the U.N. has an agenda. Their efforts to keep the world focused on Israel's retaliation to Hamas' random rocket attacks on civilians is showing.

The UN's Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs got the location right, for a short while. Its daily bulletin cited "early reports" that "three artillery shells landed outside the UNRWA Jabalia Prep. C Girls School ..." However, its more comprehensive weekly report, published three days later, stated that "Israeli shelling directly hit two UNRWA schools ..." including the one at issue.

This story has it all. A cover-up from the U.N. and teachers and citizens being told not to tell the truth to the press. When you continue to see a pattern of lies and cover-up you have to start asking questions. Remember the hospital that was a smoldering ruin of ashes? This is yet another case of the UN sensationalizing the news to stir up anger against Israel.

On Friday, health workers went through the smoldering wreckage of the five-story Al Quds hospital run by the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, which was hit by three Israeli shells the day before.

There was nothing left to salvage inside the blackened hulk.
(Jan. 16, 2009, UN says Gaza hospitals in crisis)
news.yahoo.com...

But again, no surprise to see that the hospital wasn't hit, it was a warehouse near the hospital that was reduced to cinder. The only damage to the hospital was that it lost it's water supply. Israel was not targeting the hospital.

Water pipes supplying the facility were badly damaged by the shelling. Hospital services are expected to be back to normal in three to five days.
www.icrc.org...

I'd continue with several more stories with the same result but I think you get the picture now. This is a clear conspiracy to cover up the truth. The U.N. seems to be part of that conspiracy.

UPDATE: Feb 4, 2009. The U.N. admits it made a mistake.

Clarification: While correctly reported on 6 January that Israeli shells landed outside an UNRWA school in Jabalia, resulting in an initial estimate of 30 fatalities, the Situation Report of 7 January referred to 'the shelling of the UNRWA school in Jabalia.' The Humanitarian Coordinator would like to clarify that the shelling, and all of the fatalities, took place outside rather than inside the school.
un.org

[edit on 4-2-2009 by dbates]

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Fantastic detective work reading between the lines. What a relief! It must mean that 1300 civilian didn't die after all and water for hospitals is not so important.

Many thanks for setting the record straight.

Star and flag for you.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh, well, Thank God! I mean, at least it was 43 innocent civilians in the street outside the school as opposed to in the schoolyard. I take back everything bad I've ever said about the Zionists as this makes all the difference in the world. Now we shall take you back to your regularly scheduled genocide against the Palestinians... cuz, the Zionists aren't shelling UN schools after all.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The UN and the Red Crescent are always getting their death figures wrong when it comes to Israel. They always make the numbers much larger. Wonder why that is.

Good find dbates.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Thanks for your support.

Doesn't it seem that the U.N. is making an effort to internationalize the region. If Israel is bad and the Palestinians are too weak to fight them off, then the only solution would be for the U.N. to take over control of any disputed area. Just an theory mind you but it does seem that the U.N. has it out for Israel.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
But also The IDF lied about "gunmen" being inside the school and shooting from there as well.

From your story:

Mr. Ging blames the Israelis for the confusion over where the victims were killed. "They even came out with a video that purported to show gunmen in the schoolyard. But we had seen it before," he said, "in 2007."http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090129.wgazaschool29/BNStory/International/home

The Israelis are the ones, he said, who got everyone thinking the deaths occurred inside the school.

"Look at my statements," he said. "I never said anyone was killed in the school. Our officials never made any such allegation."
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Did the UN drag its feet or allow the misconception to foster? Could be but Id like to see more diggin on this but this still fails to answe why they dropped right in front of the school nor does it explain the IDF video as mentined above, nor does it get to the heart of why 40+ civilians were slaughtered at that particular site.

Im willing to concede that the shells may not have hit the school directly. Given how much the IDF has misrepresented iselff in this matter why should I believe ANY of thier accounts of the incident

Sensing a public-relations nightmare, Israeli spokespeople quickly asserted that their forces had only returned fire from gunmen inside the school. (They even named two militants.) It was a statement from which they would later retreat, saying there were gunmen in the vicinity of the school.www.theglobeandmail.com...

Hmmmm trust the IDF?

Does anybody have an image of the school itself. id really like to see how high and thick the wall is around the school.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I don't know why the Israeli's dug out that clip from 2007 but they said it was from 2007 when they released it. They never implied it was from 2008. They just said that the school had been used to launch rockets before, and that the headmaster of the school was the chief rocket maker for Hamas.

I posted that in the original thread about this UNRWA school issue.

EDIT: Here's the post and you can just jump to the news source I used which clearly stated that the video footage was from the previous year. No one was trying to hide that. It was common knowledge.

IDF releases footage from last year showing UN school used by Hamas to fire mortar shells
The army noted that Tuesday was not the first time Hamas had attacked Israel from within a school. The IDF released a video taken by an unmanned aerial vehicle in late 2007 showing terrorists firing mortars from right outside a school.

jpost.com

[edit on 2-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

So, let me summary: UN fabricated this story, and UN is a part of conspiracy against Israel...???!!!! I don't know from where I shall begin...I am schocked..!!!???
(Caution: The statement above may content some irony).

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Part of their motive could be to hide the embarrassment that the UNRWA employees in Gaza are not screened properly. As I pointed out the headmaster of the UNRWA school in question was the chief rocket maker for Hamas. So divert attention from faulty hiring practices and shift the focus to Israel. I don't know. It's all crazy over there.

The most immediate concern, related to today’s pledge and Hamas’s continued control of Gaza, is the fact that UNRWA does not sufficiently vet its employees in the West Bank and Gaza

blogs.law.harvard.edu...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The UN is traditionally more biased toward what it considers weaker countries.

Btw: I think MW was being sarcastic in his post.

Interesting find

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The UN is traditionally more biased toward what it considers weaker countries.

UN is nothing..Look what happened in Bosnia, Somali, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, and in Gaza...Hunderds of thousand died and UN did NOTHING. How is UN biased? I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Without sarcasm, at all, it's amazing that you found that. Really, really good work. S&F. I really thank you for your research. I only hope that more people will catch on.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Without sarcasm, at all, it's amazing that you found that. Really, really good work. S&F. I really thank you for your research. I only hope that more people will catch on.

And I ask without sarcssm to you: What changed this "find" in general? And what changed this "find" for you personally? Did it reinforce something or deinforce?

[edit on 2-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i wonder if someone is actually trying to make biblical prophecy come to pass, as if they could force the issue. think about it. all the tell tale signs are present.

anti-israel sentiment in a world wide politically powerful organization.
the fed becoming a monster that eats people's livelihood for breakfast, which creates further anti-jew sentiment. constant war between palestine and israel that feeds the anti-israel sentiment. israel, one very small country, completely surrounded on all sides by enemies. it's ....bizarre how close to the prophetical texts it is. creeps me out, actually.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i wonder if someone is actually trying to make biblical prophecy come to pass, as if they could force the issue. think about it. all the tell tale signs are present.

anti-israel sentiment in a world wide politically powerful organization.
the fed becoming a monster that eats people's livelihood for breakfast, which creates further anti-jew sentiment. constant war between palestine and israel that feeds the anti-israel sentiment. israel, one very small country, completely surrounded on all sides by enemies. it's ....bizarre how close to the prophetical texts it is. creeps me out, actually.

Prophetical texts and holy texts are sociological and mythological mixture of the past and current events. It means, then, in the time of prophetical texts there was again problems in middle-east. So, don't worry. Prophetical texts are represantations of past events and current fears.
Sum up: Middle east was always a problematic region.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

actually, i'm an armchair eschatologist. i study ancient texts and in particular, prophetical texts. while i agree that prophecy is frequently reinterpreted to fit the timeframe, the problem i'm suggesting is not about the actual prophecy coming to pass because that part is subject to interpretation. if you read the context of my statement, i'm basically pointing out that maybe someone is trying to create it, artificially.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
UN is nothing..Look what happened in Bosnia, Somali, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, and in Gaza...Hunderds of thousand died and UN did NOTHING. How is UN biased? I don't get it.

Apart from a slight bias against USA/Israel, they are also powerless. The UN needs to have more balls if it wants to create change.

imo only.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by deccal

i'm basically pointing out that maybe someone is trying to create it, artificially.

That is not that impossible if you ask me. If there is money and power at the end, some people and companies can do anything for any cost.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is a good find although 2 problems exist 1. I nor can any other ats member (that lives in the west) can independently validate the claims made by the IDF and 2 I am more inclined to believe the UNRWA over the IDF simply because the UNRWA has a good reputation with gazan's the IDF... not so much. And if the UN were lying why did it take so long to find them out ??? journalists have been allowed into gaza for weeks now.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Glad to see the UN caught with its pants down.
it's obvious they are trying to turn the world against anything Judeo-Christian.

I wonder what GamerGal will have to say about this.
Btw, where is that little purple haired spunky girl?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join