It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Million "Snuggies" sold... I have officially lost faith in humanity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
59.8 million dollars in sales, for a backwards monk looking dressing gown.
If only I could think of something like this.
I wonder how much profit they made per unit?
No doubt they were made by Mexicans for 2 cents each.
Or in Taiwan.
I would never buy junk like this, but would you complain about the 50 millions profits from selling them?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We sell these where I work. At Christmas we had 1500 on backorder, and our supplier was backordered 9500.

I hate the snuggie fleece throw - "where's my snuggie?", "where's my snuggie?", "where's my snuggie?", grrrrrrrrr

My marketing manager tried one on, he looked like a monk, I can't believe how popular these are. The topsy-turvy I can understand, but the snuggie? Sheesh

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Not that this piece of akward cloth is needed. But what is a humans most basic need? Yes, to be safe, cozy and comfortable. And that makes it a simple yet brilliant marketing campaign.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
To me the snuggies are just stupid. The problem though is that we the buyers are stupid to fall for all the comercials.

Believe me there are so many scams out there and folks fall for it daily. If you took some cheap hand cream put it in a bottle and put a miracle label on it and tell folks it would take away age spots, they would buy it. Sell them a months supply, then when it doesnt work tell them they have to use it for 6 months to work they then buy more and you get Rich.

It happens all the time. They had one place selling Dandruff shampoo and telling folks it would grow back there hair. $120 for 3 bottles. The worst part is they probally only paid about $2 a bottle for it and just put on there own label.

But we the consumer are stupid enough to fall for the scams.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
NOOOOO!
Snuggies here on ATS too.. The world is going down faster than I realized.

These things are in part why I am mocked while I watch TV...

When I watch TV sometimes I feel as if my intelligence is being mocked.
At every turn when I turn on the TV I feel as if I am being dumbed down.

Oh wait.. I am...

I say no to snuggies.. And say yes to my robes and cloaks..

Oh why did you have to post the commerical here Karl.. Its going to lead some people into buying more of them..

I think your part of this.. Yes.. Im onto you.
JK

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I felt the same way about the Chia Pet and the Clapper when they first came out. However, my fondest memories of all things Ronco ever produced had to be Mr. Microphone.

embedding disabled just click on the youtube screen to see the commercial.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
We will all be wearing Snuggies when we can no longer pay our gas or electric bills. We will all be nothing more than primary colored blobs moving around the country.

I wonder if they will come with a camo version that I can use in a tree stand or ice shanty?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
the snuggie is basically a cassock.

never underestimate what people will buy.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know, I thought the concept is pretty cool. I mean, it's a blanket with sleeves. Lets you use a computer or book or something without getting your arms cold. Sure, that's what sweaters were invented for, but blankets are always nice too. I won't get one, since I refuse to buy anything off the TV, and the advertisement is annoying, but it seems like a solid product.

But 4 million of the things? This amuses me.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Say what you like, but I kind of want one. It might not be something for all people, but I myself love to stay wrapped up in a blanket. In fact, I'm wrapped up in a blanket right now, and that would be much useful.

Don't know if I'm going to buy one, I guess it would depend on the cost. I wouldn't spend much more money than a blanket on one, but if the cost is about the same as a blanket, then I'd buy one.

Wonder if they come with silk on the inside. I don't care much for the feeling of fleece touching my skin.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
honestly

they are so stupid looking

and why not just wear a hoody?

dude, if you bought one of those, you are officially game for all kinds of blankets and inventions involving blankets

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican
I don't know, I thought the concept is pretty cool. I mean, it's a blanket with sleeves.

Yeah like a Robe or old style Cloak.. Nothing new here folks..
Just a new spin on a very old idea...

But hey.. Maybe we are just haters.. Becasue we didnt think this up to make millions off people who are empulsive buyers.

No offence to anyone who has one, or wants one.. But I prefer my Robe and cloak over something called a Snuggie..
Sounds like an underware issue..

Back when I was a kid when we use to give Sunggies or receive them. They where not warm and cozy

How about I make something called a wedggie.. It keeps ur butt crack warm on those cold and lonely nights

[edit on 2-2-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Can I have an ATS 'official' Snuggie?

I could scan the threads all day in warmth, while promoting!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh my god! My wife has been bugging me for months to get her one of these. Of all the stupid things! I told her to get a blanket.

I get about 5 spam emails a day for this darn thing. Then they are on tv commercials all the time.

Unfortunately for me, every time my wife sees Billy Mays or the Sham Wow ( or anyone else selling crap on tv) guy, she's just GOT to have whatever they are selling.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That's it! I'm ordering several of them! I want to look like a warm comfy monk while at an outdoor sporting event. I bet everyone else will be so jealous!

Mmmmmmm....... snuggies. I want one!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think I am mastering this mind control thing. The other day this commercial was on and my girlfriend said to me, "I want one of those".

I said, "No you don't".

She then looked at me and said, "Ya know, you're right. I don't want that".

What a stupid product.

Ex

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

LMAO!!...........Turn that bathrobe around and shut off the TV!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Remember potato-sack races in elementary schools, they should have snuggie-races for grown-ups. People tripping and falling is beyond hilarious.

The dude from shamwow has probably gotten his butt kicked numerous times by the camera-man. "You getting this camera-guy? You getting this camera-guy?"

Peace

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
This is the snuggie commercial.

It makes them all look like Cardinal Richelieu!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yeah! Well okay, I bought one. But let me explain. I do not in anyway condone the idea of a backwards robe. Or for that matter the free book light that comes with it. But I have a fiance who does condone it. A lot. And it made her day when I bought it for her. And I never would of if I had to do it off the TV, but Walgreens sells them for 15 dollars. So I picked one up. Seeing it in person is even more ridiculous than on TV. It is so extremely large! And in no way does it make your life easier just because it has arm holes.

And on another note, 4 million sold, if they turned out like my fiances it has officially become a blanket that sits on the back of the couch.... with arm holes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join