It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two children should be limit, says green guru

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Two children should be limit, says green guru

women.timesonline.co.uk

COUPLES who have more than two children are being “irresponsible” by creating an unbearable burden on the environment, the government’s green adviser has warned.

Jonathon Porritt, who chairs the government’s Sustainable Development Commission, says curbing population growth through contraception and abortion must be at the heart of policies to fight global warming. He says political leaders and green campaigners should stop dodging the issue of environmental harm caused by an expanding population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This article is from the UK.

But it is just what I suspected motivated some "stimulus bill" provisions. Now we know why the stimulus bill included abortion funding and contraception. And now we know why the MSM has turned on the woman who had octuplets. Normally an Oprah moment, this mom is getting the JOE the PLUMBER treatment.

Children are tax deductions in the U.S.
How long before you pay higher taxes for having more than two children?

women.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There is very little problem in the First World, so stop telling ME to do it.

Also, I do not give a rats behind if you are liberal. You STILL do not get a say about my uterus.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
There is very little problem in the First World, so stop telling ME to do it.

Also, I do not give a rats behind if you are liberal. You STILL do not get a say about my uterus.

I can think of one specific person that illustrates that this is still very much a problem in the first world.

I hear she might get on Oprah, as soon as her c-section heals.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
A couple of extrordinary individuals amoungst the many doesn't give society the right to dictate the use of another persons living organs.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
A couple of extrordinary individuals amoungst the many doesn't give society the right to dictate the use of another persons living organs.

No and that is not what I am saying. My point is that many people choose to have more children than they can handle, financially or emotionally.

I can't tell them no, of course, just like I can tell someone not to have an abortion--but I can still say that I think it is irresponsible.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
wait, wait... what's the problem? a couple that has 2 children that's putting an impact on the environment? well, if that is the case, I'm a second child... Yeah.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thats mostly a third world issue!

The Western world is actually hurting for young labor.
Our populations have been leveling off for decades.

Also who in their right minds still listens to Gurus I thought that nonsense went out in the 60s.

nor do I want to hear about somebody's uterus

[edit on 1-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
oh, i see. MORE than 2 kids put a burden on the environment. I guess I'm safe.

link   
I think we all knew that this was coming .
Having kids will become taxed like every other thing , once they introduce the co2 breathing tax .

I will go as far as to say that in the coming months and years we will hear stories in the MSM of villages and towns in the 3rd world being decimated do to over population in order to generate debate in the 1st worlds MSM as to what needs to be done to solve this " global problem " .

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Thats mostly a third world issue!

The Western world is actually hurting for young labor.
Our populations have been leveling off for decades.

Also who in their right minds still listens to Gurus I thought that nonsense went out in the 60s.

nor do I want to hear about somebody's uterus

It's a third world issue mostly because of a lack of available birth control. Thank the west, in part, for that.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
these global warming maniacs are a trip

these guys are really some wild dudes

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I'm doing my part to create my carbon foot print and I'll be glad to take up anybody elses extras I BBQ a lot

[edit on 1-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The population problem is not in the First World.

Preaching to the First World that they need to stop having so many children is ridiculous. Frankly, all it really does is set the First World up to be bred under by the hoardes of people who actually do have tons of children.

It is a philosophy that works only if everyone is using it. Overwise, it is an ideology that literally withers on the vine.

How about this for your conspiracy theory. Destroy the fertility of the rich nations, and then make them pay to be allowed to have babies. The ultimate societal control. Obey, or die out.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You must have never shopped at Wal-Mart, or if you have you must not have payed attention. You can't step in there without seeing dozens of families in the check-out line with 3 kids and a baby carrier in the cart at any given moment.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unmask The Deception
reply to post by Aeons

You must have never shopped at Wal-Mart, or if you have you must not have payed attention. You can't step in there without seeing dozens of families in the check-out line with 3 kids and a baby carrier in the cart at any given moment.

Really? Because the statistics pretty much speak for themselves regardless of your Walmart experience.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
man, if the illegal immigrants in southern california heard you say that, you should probably watch your back, man. just a good thing I'm not.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
these global warming maniacs are a trip

these guys are really some wild dudes

How right you are ! They call it " sustainable development " . Ah what a nice sounding title , kinda gets you right here , you know what I mean ?

You might find it interesting to do a few google searches on sustainable development , its history , its biggest supporters as well as some of there reports , taking into consideration of what the implications of such a notion would hold for us all .

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
not about wal-mart, about the whole limit to kids thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Great. Sustainable.

So continue to ask the educated people who by and large don't have many children. The people who have 5 even out the many who have none at all.

Because what you need is for the educated people who try to help everyone to have fewer children.

Why is the self-defeating stupidity of this ideology so hard for people to grasp?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join