It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth key to Swiss drug bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Google Earth key to Swiss drug bust

Swiss police said they stumbled across a large marijuana plantation while using Google Earth, the satellite mapping software.
USA today 1.30.2009 5A
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"Stumbled across" and "chance discovery" are words they are using to describe this arrest even though the suspects were under investigation......This is only the beginning of the invasive use of the new Google satellite imaging...this things resolution is nothing short of amazing... you can even make out the cracks in the sidewalks....Coming soon to your back yard....Ya know that little yard barn or shed you "forgot" to get that building permit for ....WELL guess what......

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You forgot the link

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I dont see how that can be. The images arent updated to frequently. My car still sits in my dads driveway and its a car I havent owned in over 2 years.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

Yes, Google Earth (and Google Maps) images are not updated with the frequency most people would want (some people even think that the images are real time
), so I guess they used that field for some time.

And no, strokker, the images from Google Earth are not that good, specially in rural areas, the real good photos are not as cheap as the ones Google uses, the best Google Earth images are not from satellites but from aeroplanes, like the bird's eye views from Live Maps.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
I dont see how that can be. The images arent updated to frequently. My car still sits in my dads driveway and its a car I havent owned in over 2 years.

Money talks or connections, the stuff we get on google earth is out of date, but if you have the connections they would move the satellite over to count the hairs on your dogs ass if need be.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
Money talks or connections, the stuff we get on google earth is out of date, but if you have the connections they would move the satellite over to count the hairs on your dogs ass if need be.
The satellite?

Google uses several comercial satellite services, anyone with enough money can buy those photos.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Pot is not a drug, its a plant. Cocaine is a drug because it has to be man made first. With cannabis it can merely be picked. Also no deaths have ever occured from cannabis directly. Ok maybe a few, but its a lot less that alchohol, or tobacco, or anything else like normal non drug activity which holds a higher death chance than using a safe and freely growing durable plant which frees your mind from the rhetoric of nazis and fascist control freaks. who use google earth to scheme on how to steal profits from such a bust.

top topics

join