It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus: Obama Pushes It Back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reuters

Is this because he's about to announce that United States is broke?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nope.

THere will be some terrible news next week that will come out which will enable them to push some ridiculous garbage at us again so they can say..."See!! we need to do this!"

IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think it may be because it will most likely not pass the senate vote. Looks like Obama is going to spend an extra week trying to get the Senate to sign off on the plan.

Of course i could be wrong, what you suggest could be plausable i suppose, considering what China has been thinking on doing with dumping the US currency.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Does it really matter?

There shouldn't be a stimulus package to begin with.

There shouldn't be any bailouts.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They have to push it back because they aren't ready yet, and yes the financial bomb hasn't hit yet. When it does no amount of bail outs is going to help fix it. It will be game over; time to start over; if we survive it. That is the whole point of this game they have and are playing. To many people to control and not enough of them to keep us in line. It has happened over and over again through the centuries and will happen again in our lifetime's.
For a bunch of conspiracy theorists who are supposed to study these things, I don't see a whole lot of anything but lip smacking these days.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Honestly, this DOES matter!!

California already said they would be writing IOU's to the people, disability and welfare recipients, financial aide students.. Tax refunds... NONE of that is going out?!?!?

I seriously thought this bill being pushed so quick was to make sure nothing would happen, like if California welfare recipients realized they were not getting their hand-outs....

Watch the news, this could get interesting!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The analysis last spring that said the US stock market would fail in October also stated that the US would announce it was bankrupt in February.

Has everyone forgotten this?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
The analysis last spring that said the US stock market would fail in October also stated that the US would announce it was bankrupt in February.

I am with you TJ, I think something is right around the corner. I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I seriously thought this bill being pushed so quick was to make sure nothing would happen, like if California welfare recipients realized they were not getting their hand-outs....
Watch the news, this could get interesting!!

I was very interested to see what would happen if the recipients didn't receive their funds. Well, for now, this is what happened:

www.latimes.com...

TextAnd Los Angeles County officials said they would cover welfare payments to more than 500,000 local recipients -- for now.

I don't know how many are on the rolls so I wonder if there are some that didn't receive their funds?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper106

I am with you TJ, I think something is right around the corner. I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

Thank you. I have been preparing for the worst for a couple of years now. I was aware something was up all the way back in 2005. No inside info, just reading a lot and a hunch.

I ,of course, am like everyone else, hoping for the very best for humanity!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I THINK THE APPROVAL OF TIM GUEIDNER AS SEC,/TRES. AND HIS KNOWN LACK OF TAX PAYMENT OF $43,000., AND NOW THIS TOM DASHLER OWING $139,000. AND THESE GUYS GETTING APPOINTED MAKE ME ASK IS THIS ALL WE HAVE IN GOVT. TO CHOOSE FROM? NOT ONLY IN MY MGT. YEARS WOULD YOU NOT GET A BETTER POSITION YOU WOULD BE FIRED FROM YOUR PRESENT JOB. AND TODAY I SEE THAT CONGRESS GOT A $93,000.00 PER REP PER YEAR PETTY CASH INCREASE. WHAT IS THEIR CURRENT PETTY CASH AMOUNT NOW? WOW!!! PLEASE AMERICANS NEED HELP AND THIS IS NOT REALLY SENDING THE OBAMA MESSAGE I HOPED FOR. PS I MAY HAVE SPELLED THEIR NAMES WRONG SORRY.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HOGAN
I THINK THE APPROVAL OF TIM GUEIDNER AS SEC,/TRES. AND HIS KNOWN LACK OF TAX PAYMENT OF $43,000., AND NOW THIS TOM DASHLER OWING $139,000. AND THESE GUYS GETTING APPOINTED MAKE ME ASK IS THIS ALL WE HAVE IN GOVT. TO CHOOSE FROM? NOT ONLY IN MY MGT. YEARS WOULD YOU NOT GET A BETTER POSITION YOU WOULD BE FIRED FROM YOUR PRESENT JOB. AND TODAY I SEE THAT CONGRESS GOT A $93,000.00 PER REP PER YEAR PETTY CASH INCREASE. WHAT IS THEIR CURRENT PETTY CASH AMOUNT NOW? WOW!!! PLEASE AMERICANS NEED HELP AND THIS IS NOT REALLY SENDING THE OBAMA MESSAGE I HOPED FOR. PS I MAY HAVE SPELLED THEIR NAMES WRONG SORRY.

See, I never bought the Obama message. I looked way passed the skin color of this man and looked at who he REALLY was. Forget all this muslim crap, the fact that he is half black, and just look at his lack of experience, his extreme liberalism, and his lack of character the short time he was in the Senate.

Sorry guys, when you vote for him because he was black, whether you are also black or you are just feeling the 'whitey' guilt, well folks, you get what you pay for.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Your article is NOT about the stimulus package.

It's talking about the rescue plan for the financial system. It's a different package.

The official said the administration had never announced a formal date for the roll-out of the plan to bolster the banking system and credit markets that have been battered by the collapse of the U.S. housing market and a spike in mortgage failures.

This is indicative (to me) that people who are doing the most complaining don't even know what's going on... As long as you can jump on Obama, it doesn't matter if you have the facts or not...

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Your article is NOT about the stimulus package.

It's talking about the rescue plan for the financial system. It's a different package.

The official said the administration had never announced a formal date for the roll-out of the plan to bolster the banking system and credit markets that have been battered by the collapse of the U.S. housing market and a spike in mortgage failures.

This is indicative (to me) that people who are doing the most complaining don't even know what's going on... As long as you can jump on Obama, it doesn't matter if you have the facts or not...

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

Yes, I am aware that they are separate issues but they are, over course, directly linked!

Your post just goes to show that Obama supporters (worshipers??) cannot tolerate any criticism without a knee jerk emotional response.

I am not a Republican NeoCon nor am I Democrat. And my problems with Obama have nothing to do with his being half black or having a Muslim heritage.

Obama is a dangerous, wishy-washy, woefully under qualified pretender who now sees he is neck deep in a **** storm of Biblical proportion.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That's very odd that article is not the one I originally linked to!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes, I am aware that they are separate issues but they are, over course, directly linked!

Yet your OP mentions nothing about that. I'm sorry, I believe you have confused the two packages.

Your post just goes to show that Obama supporters (worshipers??) cannot tolerate any criticism without a knee jerk emotional response.

My response was neither "knee-jerk" nor emotional. I read the article you linked and checked the facts and calmly posted those facts in the face of obvious confusion. I also posted my opinion about your "mix-up".

I am not a Republican NeoCon nor am I Democrat. And my problems with Obama have nothing to do with his being half black or having a Muslim heritage.

And I made none of these accusations, whatsoever. I only said that this indicates that people who are doing the most complaining don't really know what's going on... as your confusion of the facts clearly shows. No need to be defensive about a bunch of stuff I didn't even say or suggest.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yet your OP mentions nothing about that. I'm sorry, I believe you have confused the two packages.

My response was neither "knee-jerk" nor emotional. I read the article you linked and checked the facts and calmly posted those facts in the face of obvious confusion. I also posted my opinion about your "mix-up".

And I made none of these accusations, whatsoever. I only said that this indicates that people who are doing the most complaining don't really know what's going on... as your confusion of the facts clearly shows. No need to be defensive about a bunch of stuff I didn't even say or suggest.

Well, the link that my OP is going to is NOT the article I originally posted so take a chill pill and relax. The original article stated he was putting back the time table on the S-T-I-M-U-L-U-S.

I do not have a clue why it is linking to that article, which I have read as well and can clearly see the confusion.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

imo this is true, because as of right now the way the votes are lined up, the vote would fail in the Senate.

Obama needs more bad news.

ps, technically the date Obama aimed for WAS Presidents day, so I don't know if it can be called a delay, really.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Rockpuck]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join