It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not attack Venezuela???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All those people making up lies that this Iraq issue is all about OIL need to explain why we're not preparing to invade Venezuela right now. The US gets oil from Venezuela, not Iraq. In fact, Venezuela has more untapped oil than Saudi Arabia according to oil industry experts.

Venezuela is being run by a left-wing tyrant who just shutdown the flow of oil due to internal conflicts in his country. The US has fought communists in the Western Hemisphere since the start of the Cold War. Why is Venezuela getting away with a communist who controls a huge flow of oil into the US??? If it's all about OIL in Iraq, then the US should be invading Venezuela in the next month or so.

Getting oil from Venezuela frees us from the Middle East wackos who blame us for their internal problems. If OIL is the whole issue, then there's NO REASON for dealing with Iraq right now when Venezuela is a bigger OIL problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
HELL NO!!!

Dude,

I live 18 miles away from Venezuela and 1 mile away from a huge a$$ oil refrinery. NO WAY!!!

P.S: The president of Venezuela probably has more than 75% of the people in his country (the poor people). Why??? Because he raised minimum wage and raised their living standards. He helped the poor greatly. It is the wealthy people who are trying to get him out of the way (They controlled the government for years before him and they control the media). He is not all that good a president. But he still has the support of the majority.

NO PHREAKING WAR HERE!!!

BTW: This is an EXCELLENT TIME to start working harder on producing alternative energy. Even Bush himself supports it now (he said it last night in his S o/t U speech)... Stop being dependent on oil...

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The leader of Veneuela is another Saddam without weapons. He just shot down a re-election plan to solve this mess in his country. His handpicked Supreme Court said they wouldn't honor the 2 million signatures calling for a re-election. The guy is a left-wing dictator who isn't for democracy. The only laws that matter in Venezuela are the ones that he picks and chooses.

By the way, I'm not calling for us to attack Venezuela....just pointing out the BS lies by the left saying it's all about OIL in Iraq when Venezuela is a bigger OIL problem for the US.

[Edited on 29-1-2003 by MT69]

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So a right winger wouldn't do the same??... Just call him a dictator, left or right has nothing to do with it...

Btw... if you're so out on oil, why not go digging in Alaska???

The oil in Venezuela is not yours, it's theirs... The western world has to change it's mindset. Stop trying to claim other countries' property and demanding them to do stuff for your benefits or needs...

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
(I believe) was to illustrate that this is not a War for Oil, by citing Venezuela as a case in point. Does anyone really think we are out to capture the oil fields for ourselves? This idea is ludicrous... First, we know that should his regime be in danger, he WILL light them up himself. Second, we would simply help a democratic government get setup in Iraq (or a cabal of petty warlords posing as one...ref: Afghanistan), that might be a little more friendly towards us...not start setting up US oil fields in Iraq...

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Traditionally the US has cleansed Central/South American regimes they don't like by financing, training and equipping...ahem...how should we put this "freedom fighters". As in the �freedom fighters� killed everybody in the church, or the �freedom fighters� took all the men from the village and they were never seen again.

I don�t think this option is open to Bush anymore. Even he would see a problem supporting terrorists�sorry �freedom fighters� in one country, whilst bombing another country because of their possible future involvement with terrorists.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I see Gazrok is the only one to get it. As usual the lost...are lost.

Let's break it down for the 3rd graders here...

Iraq oil < Venezuela oil
Iraq WMDs > Venuela WMDs
Iraq muslim terrorist connections > Venezuela terrorist connections
Iraq tyrant > Venezuela tyrant

Ok, let's now take a test... Is the WAR with Iraq all about OIL???

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Look, my reactions to your post were emotional because my own hide and that of most of the people I know and love is at stake because of our close proximity to Venezuela...

That's why I reacted like that after reading just the title of your thread...

At least the U.S. government is now trying to be independent of other countries (concerning energy) by putting more attention on alternative energy...

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Venezuela has the right to learn the hard way what most Americans can tell you, and that is a hike in minimum wages is followed by a hike in prices, giving you a net gain of what? But, everyone should learn on their own.
Personally, while I like the idea of hydoren-powered cars, I'll not peacably give up the right to drive a good, old-fashoined, gas-guzzling Ford! After all, Chevron is still going to need a few fossile fuel customers, right?

Back on topic, though, once the war has started I imagine chem/bio weapons that people doubt he has will be used against U.S. troops and Israel. Of course, that's merely a figment of the collective imaginations since, as stated, Iraq doesn't have them. Being Hussein is such a peace-nic and all.

top topics

join