It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's promise of a civilian security force is set in motion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Obama's promise of a civilian security force is set in motion

www.prisonplanet.com

Obama’s promise of a civilian security force is set in motion

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Friday, Jan 30th, 2009

The Defense Department has established a “civilian expeditionary workforce” that will see American civilians trained and equipped to deploy overseas in support of worldwide military missions.

The move is seen by some as an initial step towards fulfilling President Obama’s promise to form a civilian national security force as powerful as the U.S. military.

The intent of the program “is to maximize the use of the civilian workforce to allow military personnel to be fully utilized for operational requirements,” according to a Defense Department report.

The program was officially implemented one week ago, on the 23rd January, when Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England signed Defense Department Directive 1404.10 (PDF), which provides a summation of the duties the workforce will undertake.

The directive, which is effective immediately, states that civilian employees of the DoD will be asked to sign agreements stating that they will deploy in support of military missions for up to two years if needed.

Workforce members, who are divided into different designations under the directive, will serve overseas in support of humanitarian, reconstruction and, if necessary, combat-support missions.

“If the employee does not wish to deploy, every effort will be made to reassign the employee to a nondeploying position.” the DoD report states.

While the directive suggests that the DoD will at first seek volunteers to serve in the civilian workforce, section 4, subsection (e) paragraph (2) states:

Management retains the authority to direct and assign civilian employees, either voluntarily, involuntarily, or on an unexpected basis to accomplish the DoD mission.

In addition, the directive states that all workforce members will be subject to physical and psychological testing, both before and after deployment.

The directive refers several times to the civilian workforce as a component of the “Total Force”, which it describes as “The organizations, units, and individuals that compromise the DoD resources for implementing the National Security Strategy.” This “Total Force” includes active, reserve and retired military personnel in addition to DoD civilian employees.

(Article continues below)

Back in July 2008, Barack Obama, then the presidential front runner, called for a “civilian national security force” as powerful as the U.S. military.

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded,” Obama told a Colorado Springs audience.

The comments that were ignored by the vast majority of the corporate media but compared by independent journalists to the formation of the Nazi Hitler Youth.

Fears of “youth brigades” or civilian stasi style units increased following Obama’s appointment of Rahm Emanuel to chief-of staff.

In his book, “The Plan: Big Ideas for America,” Emanuel writes: “It’s time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, all Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service.”

The book also notes, “Some Republicans will squeal about individual freedom, ruling out any likelihood that they would let people opt out of universal citizen service.”

Emanuel is also an enthusiastic supporter of the United States Public Service Academy Act, a lobbying group founded in 2006 in order to promote the foundation of an American public service academy modeled on the military academies - a youth corps whose students would be trained in “civilian internship in the armed forces”.

Furthermore, in a rediscovered 2006 audio clip of an interview with Ben Smith of the New York Daily News, Emanuel outlined the agenda for compulsory military-style training, essentially a domestic draft, aimed at preparing Americans for a chemical or biological terrorist attack.

When controversy arose over the program last November, the use of the word “required” to describe the program was removed from Obama’s change.gov website and replaced with “community service” type terminology.

Though the civilian expeditionary workforce program is restricted to DoD employees, similar programs have already been established for public sector workers.

One such program has seen hundreds of police, firefighters, paramedics and utility workers recently trained and dispatched as “Terrorism Liaison Officers” in Colorado, Arizona and California to watch for “suspicious activity” which is later fed into a secret government database
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
here we go, Obamas private military is born. this will be an organization that will evolve into a gigantic military force that is unbound by Posse Commintatus and will serve at the dicretion of the executive. this story is really scary when you couple it with the FEMA camps that were just authorized and the many anti gun dissarmerment bills being rushed through congress.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Firstly, Obama's comment on a civilian force was hugely taken out of context. But I won't argue that. We all know he's a shill right? This is for Civilian DOD CONTRACTORS not for all civilians. Civilian Contractors go to very dangerous places all the time. They could use the training and funding if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How terrible, now a million more youngsters will be paid to stand around and not pay Federal Taxes. They will also be considered federal employees and if anyone touches them you can go to prison for attacking a federal employee. They will be great in putting innocent civilians in prison when they come to take away everyones guns.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded,”
i dont think thats been taking out of context, acually read what he says, dont take it at face value

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Will the Civilian Security Force owe their alegiance to Obama or the Constitution Of The United States Of America? Can this Civilian Security Force ever be misused for who knows what purpose?

I believe I have seen one of the uniforms from the Civilian Security Force and if you remember the old army uniforms from WW11 and the color it is real close, including the folded edge hat or cap. Watch for the red arm band on the sleeve to be part of the design of the uniform.

Again I must say it is not what a person says it is what a person does with their original intent.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

a civilian force would have zero allegence to the constitution and all alegence to the executive, thats the point of doing it. posse commetatus only applies to U.S Army and Navy branches.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What I took from that sentence was much different. I took it as not shouldering all the responsibility onto the military, which, more often than not, destabilizes the areas in which they operate...At least in the Middle East.

If however my interpretation is wrong(Wouldn't surprise me if it were) I'd like to see this force ally with the Constitution and not the executive branch.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This could well be part of the "jobs created" by the new stimulus package. I assume that if these folk commit to 2 to 3 years to the DoD, they then would be considered veterans for all intents and purposes, obligating the government to provide lifetime benefits similar to what the military receives. How will that be funded? Or will everyone in the country be entitled to those benefits anyway so it won't matter?

These won't be military personnel but wil help to accomplish a military mission. Sounds something like Blackwater, except at the discretion of the executive and certainly paid less. So we are now to effectively double the size of the force under the command of the executive and his chief of staff because the whole point of this kind of force is that they obey orders, right?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Nobody is forcing you to send a resume to the DoD and get hired, lol.

Tons of prior military jobs are being/have been transitioned over the the civilian sector of the DoD (supply, admin, IT, etc..) anyway, and it makes sense to send them out on deployment to support the the DoD that they work for since those MOSs are no longer offered to military personnel..

If however my interpretation is wrong(Wouldn't surprise me if it were) I'd like to see this force ally with the Constitution and not the executive branch.

So.. what gives the executive branch power?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Most of the DoD employees are white collar management and analysts, and scientists with a modicum of actual tac trained military. What are they gonna do...engage in papercut fights. Please learn about the people whom get the marching orders from these PO's.DoD has acess to CIA and Military BO's as well as any special teams under the umbrella. One of my best friends from the TSA gott accepted to the state dept. ( she applied 4 years ago) and was a doc translator for the chinese embassy. She just got a memo stating that she might be moved in country in an effort to help further diplomatic relations with otherwise hostile countries.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The executive branch does not have to follow the constitution. If they did Bush would have been thrown out of office 8 years ago.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here is what I found on it. Doesn't sound alarming to me.

What am I missing?

Reissues DoD Directive (DoDD) 1404.10 (Reference (a)) under a new title to establish the policy through which an appropriately sized subset of the DoD civilian workforce is preidentified to be organized, trained, and equipped in a manner that facilitates the use of their capabilities for operational requirements. These requirements are typically away from the
normal work locations of DoD civilians, or in situations where other civilians may be evacuated to assist military forces where the use of DoD civilians is appropriate.

www.dtic.mil...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Yes, and Blackwater just got fired! We must be getting "geared up for something." Instability I fear.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a redux of the CCC of the 1930's and 40's. Then it was a way of teaching men a trade, or having them do construction in state and national parks.
I do fear that if some of the young people in today's culture might include quite a few "gangsta" that don't care one way or another about human life.
It is a short jump from there, to people who are more than willing to kick down doors and kill anyone in the house.
Scary.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Until I hear a LITTLE more information from more "credible" sources than I found in these searches on this subject, ...

A Google search of the web:

Obama Civilian Security Force - Google

And a Google search of the NEWS!

Obama Civilian Security Force - Google News Search

I'm going to have to say that I'm on the fence on this one.

True, sometimes MSM misses things, but I don't believe that they would have missed this!

Maybe they did! But I have my doubts!

(Please look at all the sources that are "reporting" this in the searches)

[edit on 1/30/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
reply to post by amari

a civilian force would have zero allegence to the constitution and all alegence to the executive, thats the point of doing it. posse commetatus only applies to U.S Army and Navy branches.

Exactly you answered the question and the real question is why does Obama need his own Civilian Security Force and what is his real underlying intent? Does he not trust the military that has gotten the job done when needed around the world.

Will this not drive a wedge between the military of The United States Of America and Obama's own controlled Civilian Security Force? In my opinion this is a scary thought the Civilian Security Force oweing their allegiance to the President when the branches of the military work very well in completing their tasks or assignments. This idea of a Civilian Security Force reminds me of Hitler and his own SS regime. Time will tell if I am right or if I am wrong on my thoughts on the matter. I say be afraid real afraid.

Here is the ultimate question why name a civilian support organization to the military the Civilian Security Force? Is Obama afraid of the U.S. military? I say read between the lines.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Check out the source I posted a few posts before yours and tell me if you think it sounds like the ops report.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
After a little more time searching!

Is Obama planning a Gestapo-like "civilian national security force"? Fact Check.org

Q:

Is Obama planning a Gestapo-like "civilian national security force"?

******SKIP******
A:

This false claim is a badly distorted version of Obama's call for doubling the Peace Corps, creating volunteer networks and increasing the size of the Foreign Service.

******SKIP******
Obama was not talking about a "security force" with guns or police powers. He was talking specifically about expanding AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps and the USA Freedom Corps, which is the volunteer initiative launched by the Bush administration after the attacks of 9/11, and about increasing the number of trained Foreign Service officers who populate U.S. embassies overseas.

Here is the relevant portion of what Obama actually said, with the sentences quoted selectively by Broun and others in bold.

Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: [As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we're going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set.

We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We'll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You'll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You'll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

Does that sound like a force that could kick down your door in the middle of the night and haul you off to a Gulag or concentration camp? You decide.

Sorry for the long quote, but I thought it might be needed here!

[edit on 1/30/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Management retains the authority to direct and assign civilian employees, either voluntarily, involuntarily, or on an unexpected basis to accomplish the DoD mission.

This is so transparent.

I read this and think about my children. It does not look good...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join