It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Video Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I played metal gear for a long time, since the fisrt game came out actually, and over the time i have noticed weird things, now i know that snake was based on snake plissken from escape from ny/la, but there are way more simillarities than one may think. Have a look for yourself.

so what do you think coincidence? or hideo kojima likes to use movies and model his characters after actuall actors?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I really do not see what your actual conspiracy or point might be?

No... Really?

[edit on 29/1/2009 by bskivss3]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CleaverMachete

Hideo Kojima has stated that Solid Snake and many of his characters are based after real world actors, it's not coincidence and is pretty obvious. Can we please leave these boards open for topics about real conspiracys and not videogames with easter egg character appearances.

If you want to talk about MGS talk about the storyline about the illuminati and the state of warfare, MGS has made some pretty good predictions in the past for just a vidoe game

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
My point is this, all those characters that you see there that were either purposly or coincidentally modeled after real actors are going to be in the new metal gear movie, played by the actors that they were modeled after(again i say coincidentally or purposley)and lots of those characters are from the first metal gear game which is pretty old, so unless this dude knew who was gonna start in his movie 20 years later, this my friend is a conspiracy.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by CleaverMachete]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Its far FAR more likely that the newer media was designed and cast based upon the old media.

Or of course you are right, and Kojima foresaw that he would create a game so popular it would become a movie and decided to design his characters based upon the look of the people cast for that movie that he saw while seeing his own future.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It's not so much of a conspiracy. People like to use archetypes in stories all the time. Most people who create characters borrow their character from some other place. It's done all the time.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I really doubt the great Sean Connery would agree to star in some infantile video game movie. Every time they make a video game into a movie its just extremely lame, without exception. The only reason these films even make money and continue to get made is because all the jerks that are addicted to the game will go and see the movie regardless of how crap it is.

Its pretty sad, and it does not surprise me that that 'world of warcraft' drivel is to be made into a film. Just think of the millions of losers who will que for days to be first to see that tripe. They will be laughing all the way to the bank with that one, even if its the worst film ever made.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!

Heh.... I absolutely loved that game.

Hey Ocelot does look alot like that other dude, I can't remember his name but he's hella famous.

Hey man, weird conspiracy. But none the less, a conspiracy, and amongst my latest and greatest now!

S&F!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I dont think this dude could see the future, nor have i ever stated that. I just think he was smart and said to himself, i am going to use real actors for the models of my characters, i am going to use actors that are good, and which i know will act for a long time, and then incase i want to make a movie i wont have to alter that many things later and the fans will be pleased because i am staying loyal to the series character wise. Now did he hit it right on with some of theese actors? Sure he did, Sean Connery, Tom Berenger, Kurt Russell and i just think he totally missed with the terminator dude.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by CleaverMachete]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Hey man, Remember how epic the very first Playstation Metal Gear was? I mean, ground breaking period for video games at that time. I love that game it will always be my favorite. I like how you can go into the lockers and find pictures of hot asian girls. That's the real conspiracy, just how perverted was the creator? lmao.... Who knows what he did with his 3d generations.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Metal Gear Solid wasn't the first Metal Gear game, just the first 3d one.
External Link (Wikipedia)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I know, I've played the NES one to. I was more of a Guerilla War conneseuor.

Edited for a one line correction, and notice how I'm not using the infamous words, "double-line" or "not a one liner" or "2nd line" but instead I'm adverting to explaining how I didn't post a one liner.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Huh, I don't remember the Asian girl pics in the lockers in the original metal gear. Maybe I'll have to break my NES back out.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Ok, I disregarded the first metal gear, I'll edit it and correct it. The first Playstation metal gear.

Jabababababazappitydoooooooooo

I like cheese.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Find the part where i say Metal Gear Solid is the first metal gear game in my post, you cant because i say metal gear, i suggest u read before you post aimlessly, or are you one of those people that do it on pourpose just to get more posts and whatnot? Thanks allot for letting me know that Metal Gear Solid is not the first metal gear game, dduuuh solid came out on psx and metal gear came out a decade before on msx2.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by eNumbra

Ok, I disregarded the first metal gear, I'll edit it and correct it. The first Playstation metal gear.

Lol, don't worry about it, just threw me off. Metal Gear Solid was an amazing game though. Still need to find time and money to play number 4.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

WOAH dude he was talking to me man.

We are one with your conspiracy, whatever it may be. I S&Fed you, just calm down and step away from the angry face and angry keyboard.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ive seen other games that would use characters from older movies and would have almost the same physical features as the portrayed characters in film.

Its not unusual or any conspiracy. Actually its quite cool IMO. Keeps those old characters alive and puts a new fresh look on them when seen in another medium such as a game.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleaverMachete
Find the part where i say Metal Gear Solid is the first metal gear game in my post, you cant because i say metal gear, i suggest u read before you post aimlessly, or are you one of those people that do it on pourpose just to get more posts and whatnot? Thanks allot for letting me know that Metal Gear Solid is not the first metal gear game, dduuuh solid came out on psx and metal gear came out a decade before on msx2.

Haha.

check the "In reply to"

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
I really doubt the great Sean Connery would agree to star in some infantile video game movie. Every time they make a video game into a movie its just extremely lame, without exception. The only reason these films even make money and continue to get made is because all the jerks that are addicted to the game will go and see the movie regardless of how crap it is.

Its pretty sad, and it does not surprise me that that 'world of warcraft' drivel is to be made into a film. Just think of the millions of losers who will que for days to be first to see that tripe. They will be laughing all the way to the bank with that one, even if its the worst film ever made.

Obviously you have no idea what you're even talking about. What does World of Warcraft have to do with any of this? You apparently hate all forms of interactive entertainment I take it...

And, you have no idea or concept of the Metal Gear series so what are you doing even replying to this thread? If you knew about the CONTENT of the Metal Gear series...

...you would know that if done right, this movie has the potential to be an awesome awesome awesome movie that appeals SPECIFICALLY to the average ATS poster type,

First, I'll say the OP has too much times on his hands
No offense, but you could find plenty of people who resemble Metal Gear characters.

But as far as Metal Gear, the series, goes.. it has some very mature and intellectual, conspiracy angled story lines.

Basic of the story, at a glance...

There is an elite group that rules the world through extreme wealth...
They use their extreme wealth for manipulation and warfare...
They use their extreme wealth to come up with extremely technologically advanced nuclear weapons ..
Through a group of covert special operations forces, an elite soldier emerges... (The Boss)
This elite soldier trains and mentors a new up and coming soldier in the philosophy of what it means to be a soldier as well as all the physical combat and mental strength needed to be a truly special and elite soldier...
The Boss' apprentice inherits the title "The Big Boss"
The Big Boss encompasses such superior knowledge and skill in warfare, that there is a funded project to create a clone army based on The Big Boss..
The story then mostly becomes about two of the clones or brothers, Liquid and Solid Snake.
One represents good, one represents evil
The good one fights to abolish the new nuclear technology while the evil one wishes to gain control and use it himself for control of the world...

That in a real quick nutshell is the Metal Gear series. I really don't see how it couldn't appeal to an ATS poster. Conspiracy involving a ruling wealthy elite, using their wealth for control of the world, and one total bad arse hell bent on stopping it... I mean c'mon.

Of course, any Metal Gear fan will know I left tons and tons of tidbits out but that is what made this series unique. The games were movies in themselves. In fact, the Metal Gear games (starting with ps1 and on, since the NES wasn't so hot with cinematic experience
) are better MOVIES than 95% of ACTUAL movies made.

That all being said, I think Hideo Kojima is a genius. Twists, turns, conspiracies, good and evil, back stabbing... this series was MADE for a conspiracy board such as this one. But I understand only "gamers" are aware of the plot or the idea behind the series, so it could easily be dismissed by someone who was never into video games.

And I should also note that since I've grown up I QUIT playing video games... I am NOT in any way shape or form a gamer. But I DO own all the Metal Gear games except the NES one for the simple fact they ARE such enjoyable experiences to play through, because of the use of cut scenes and story line. (I can't justify spending money on a playstation 3 for one game though... so I had to read about the last one to tie up the loose ends)

But anyway... I guess my point is... if this movie is done right and sticks to the story told in the series, it could be an epic modern movie. It would have great appeal for those who love action movies, drama movies, comedy at times, and conspiracy movies...

Metal Gear is right next to Super Mario as the greatest video game(s) ever created in my honest opinion....

<<   2 >>

join