It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my haunted television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
And no, this isn't a spoof!

Let me give you some background. I have had three people pass away in my home. All Husband's relatives, brother, grandma, and grandpa. Grandpa had dementia so was quite crazy before he went.

Now, I am the type to quickly explain anything. Cat or dog barking at the wall or corner? Mice.

Noises, house settling.

but there is a lot of stuff I can't explain. One night I blatantly smelled coffee at 9:30. I told my husband. But the coffee maker wasn't on. He goes: oh, grandpa always had coffee this time of night.

Our bedroom is his grandmother's old bedroom, she died in there. We still have all their ashes in the house, in the basement.(they will all be properly tossed to the ocean when we can afford to rent a boat)

But for the stuff I can't explain, man is this house active. And there could be reasons for it, I just can't come up with them. Grandma used to like the tv on in the room all night.

Now to my tv. This past week, my tv has been turing on at 2:30. Except one night it was 4:30. Then back to 2:30. No cats, remote where I left it on the nightstand.

Now I have been informed that older tvs can turn on by themselves. But I just find it odd that my tv turns on at 2:30 every single night. It doesn't have any fancy time things, just an older smaller tv.

Now someone told me that the remote doesnt' turn the tv all the way off, and try turning the tv off itself. So that is what I am trying.

Does this sound like a reasonable explanation?Any idea why 2:30 seems to be the turn on time?
Any other ideas?

So tonight, i turned the tv itself off, not using the remote. I will see if that helps.

If not, I am unplugging the friggin thing.

If it still turns on, time to get an exorcist.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hi Nixie,

I have had many similar experiences around my house. I've had very good luck with just asking them to stop.
Best of luck to you.
Take care,
Izafyre

Ex

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
After my husband passed away I redid the house
fresh paint new furniture.you know.

So, the kids where at school and nobody home but me
so I decided
to video the new look.
Went out into the front yard and started from there and as I
came through the front door, I didn't hear it at the time either,

A voice that I am sure was my late husbands say
" Hi"
I have played the video to friends and they all hear it also.

We live on.....................

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex

That is a sweet story. I am very sorry about your husband.

I have actually thought about setting up a video camera overnight, just to see if I can see or hear anything. But on the other hand, if I heard my BIL, I am not sure how I would feel about it. So I have not built up the courage yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
At 2:40 every night there is a bang noise coming from possibly the toilet or somehwere, I'm guessing it might have something to do with the heating or some sort of machine that swictches on or off at this time.

In my old house, I would sometimes hear something that sounded like chairs moving around downstairs, now that was creepy!? Anyone had that?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Years ago I lived in a house that was haunted.
The tv also turned on at night. Now you want to see freaky, i unplugged in after getting annoyed at this, and the the thing STILL turned on, not plugged in.

That house was a trip. It did not really scare me, I thought it was neat.
When you changed the furniture around, everything would shake and I had one room where I could not put anything on the wall. When you did it came flying off.

I put a long 4 inch nail in the wall in a poster, and the nail flew out of the wall.

Neighbors were afraid to come in my house. It would take all day to write everything that went on in that house. The one that did scare me was when I had a poster on the wall with the wrapping still on it( clear plastic)
It started jumping on the wall, a light came through it, and the plastic melted, and a strange looking being came rite through it, through the living room, opened the front door walked out and slammed the door.
My boyfriend and I just stood there petrified. Could not even move. After that I flew out of that house, I moved the next day,lol

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

2:40, about the same time as my tv event.

I am gonna unplug it tonight, and if it still comes on, I am gonna have a talking to to my former relatives.
I have a feeling that grandma is not happy because she was old school neat freak, and since my husband and I have been really ill and we have had an energetic 3 year old cooped up, the house is in shambles.

I know from watching paranormal state that this about the time a lot of activity occurs.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Where was this house located? U2U me please.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

When doing some remote sensing, I saw this shady type of man. Low level con artist. He reminds me of the Brit in the series Dead Like Me.

I see this guy in the evening, in a street, street lights dimly, him wearing a shiny brown leather jacket. I see him frozen in time, but clearly moving to somewhere. Probably an appoitment.

I do not know what this means exactly, or what it has to do with your unruly tv

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just wanted to give a little update.
I unplugged my tv one night and plugged it back in the next and it hasn't turned on yet. So it must of been a glitch of somekind.
and I am fine with that.

Now If I can only figure out who keeps turning on the back outside light?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Also something you may want to keep in mind is that the power AND cable companies routinely send "spikes" through thier lines to check for problems and piracy. They generally do it in the early mornings.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

INteresting, But why would it affect just this one tv? And is that enough juice to force it on?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
How old is the TV? Could it be manufacturing flaw?

new topics

top topics

join