It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Man kills wife, five kids, himself after being fired

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Help me god...................but this part particularly stands out because I have heard it before and can't place where

Is there no help for the Widow's Son?

It's a masonic slogan, which is why Rockpuck said he'd hate himself for pointing that fact out. You are also right about Joseph Smith, but the line is definitely more of a connection between the masons & the LDS Church than simply an LDS thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways......but this part particularly stands out because I have heard it before and can't place where

Is there no help for the Widow's Son?

I believe that possibly the Mormon founder Joseph Smith was said to have cried out those words when he died, but that isn't the origination of the phrase.

It's a traditional Masonic code for general "distress."

This person goes into a little (speculative) detail about that aspect of the story:
cryptogon.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Hey Finn, thanks for reply. Star!

I stand corrected, if the wife was involved... but extremely rare for a couple to BOTH decide a fate like that!

I know what you mean about surviving. Did it myself, off my motorcycle for a couple years, across the U.S. in the mid 80's...-Hey, there was really good dumpster-diving behind restaurants back then! Now they got locks; you'd have to know an employee!

As far as the innocent children though, my God, that sends shivers, ya know? Which leads me to say what I've always said about any kids born after 1983-

WHY?

83 was the year my eyes opened to the actual world we live in; not the one depicted on the telly...so I don't understand why anyone would bring children into this world after knowing about it...

[edit on 1/30/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
The sickest part- the suicide letter is just the guy bitching about his job. No mention of his wife's or children's lives... it's like they didn't even matter.

Welcome to the Mortgaged States of Japan.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
I stand corrected, if the wife was involved... but extremely rare for a couple to BOTH decide a fate like that!

Will say again I do NOT think the wife was involved. Yes it would be VERY unusual for both to agree, especially since they were both working and functional before this, and they were packed for the move.

For one to suddenly suggest this to the other in the last minute, and then they both think "okay, lets just kill them" is downright unbelievable. The guy is a raving nut, he blames the hospital administrator, and then the wife for planning it. I am surprised he didn't say the kids agreed.

I think the wife and kids were extensions of his personality, he decided he wanted to check out, and he thought it appropriate to take them along. The note does not even touch on emotion, or bonding, or anything regarding the wife/kids. He just complains about how people "wronged" him.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Thanks Sonya, Star!

Wasn't ignoring what you said, I read all the posts, like a good boy. Just being courteous to Finn, cause he quoted ME!

But honestly, I think you're right, that's how I interpreted this murder/suicide...the wife wasn't involved!

You got a mind like a steal trap, girl! He whined & complained in his note, but no love for family!?! Guess in that state, can't possibly have compassion for others!

Women are hardly ever the planner/shooter. Not since Bonnie & Clyde, or James Starkweather and umm, er, I forgot her name...

But I know how it feels, personally as a surviving family member...

P.S. I forgot Aieleen Woornos!

[edit on 1/31/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Well there are cases of women killing their children when they themselves want to committ suicide. It is not that unusual. I do believe usually it is because they are overly attached, they can't bring themselves to abandon their kids, so when they decide they want to die they take the kids with them. (Barring truly psychotic breaks).

It is far far more likely for MEN to kill their kids when they are angry with their partners or whatever. That happens every few months here in Atlanta, it won't typically make the national news (whereas if a woman does it, it is so shocking it is all over the headines). I don't think I have ever heard of a case where a woman killed her kids because she was angry with her husband/boyfriend (of course there were a couple of cases where they killed their kids so they could be childfree and keep a boyfriend).

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Do you happen to know if they might actually have been in the process of breaking up? Hands down, that is the most dangerous time for women and children, I wonder if it might be this guy's version of "The courts made me do it."

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Thanks for reply.
Lot of it goin round.

I remember Susan Smith driving her car with her 2 boys into a lake,
then telling a tale it was jacked from her by two black men! She's doin life.

And that postpartum depression illness, when Andrea yates drown her 4 boys in the tub! Convicted, overturned, new trial, mental institution I think.

One that stands out in my memory, as far as women who either kill, or plot vengeance, was Elaina Bobbitt. Every man's nightmare... she cut off...her husband's....... ,you probably remember that story!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join