It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Man kills wife, five kids, himself after being fired

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

LA Man kills wife, five kids, himself after being fired

www.cnn.com

LOS ANGELES – A man who fatally shot his wife, five young children and himself Tuesday had earlier faxed a note to a TV station claiming the couple had just been fired from their hospital jobs and together planned the killings as a final escape for the whole family.

"Why leave the children to a stranger?" Ervin Lupoe wrote, according to KABC-TV.

The station called police after receiving the fax, and a police dispatch center also received a call from a man who stated, "'I just returned home and my whole family's been shot."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
a.abclocal.go.com

Mod edit: Reduce quoted content.
*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 1/27/2009 by Hal9000]

[edit on 1/27/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This story is so unbelievable and tragic. And this being the 5th episode in southern California...is our country in for this to become ordinary? The sickest part- the suicide letter is just the guy bitching about his job. No mention of his wife's or children's lives... it's like they didn't even matter.

The Suicide Letter
www.ktla.com...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I know if I lost my job the first (and most reasonable) thing to come to my mind would be murdering my family.

Some people should have never been born.

Southern California or even Central California have always been terrible places full of insane people and it's a horrible shame that the people in Northern California and Eastern California have to live under the nonsensical legislative and political tyranny of those two regions.

Personally, I cant wait for the "big one" to send CA floating away. I've a bottle of champagne set aside for the occasion.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Whooo.. that is crazy indeed...

That is damn frightening. These things used to be confined to the breakup of a marraige or union. In those situations, I can at least have the comfort of thinking "X person was a psychopath to begin with and at least Y was trying to get away from them."

But now it happens any time the parents don't feel that they can support the kids?

As things continue to get worse how many other people will think of this as an appropriate outlet?

Scary.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It angers me to hear of stories like this.

So, without at least a middle class standing in America, life is not worth living? Are we such consumers that life is only valuable insomuch as we have cable, internet, vacations or the multitudinous other perks that bring enjoyment?

I'm sure those kids would rather mommie and daddy hauled them off to the woods to live in a cave rather than see mommie or daddy point a gun in their face and pull the trigger.

Good grief! What happened to their vows of "for richer or poorer"? Did they honestly think that poverty could not touch them? EVER?

I need to go calm down. This just makes me angry.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Horrible. Tragic.

I wish I could say to these folks that I don't care how unable we are to help... there is at least 1 family out there who would never turn someone away.

If you're an honest person, a person willing to work to provide for yourself and your family, there is always a refuge among the honorable people of this world. I would have opened my home to their family. Especially for the children.

Even if they had nothing to pay.

I think they felt too much shame. There's no shame in being kicked to the ground by a world that cheats at the game. You pick yourself up again.

Those poor kids.

Leaving your kids to strangers would have been better. I know a few "strangers" who can't have kids and would have welcomed them into a warm and loving home where they could have had a future.

This was just wrong, wrong, wrong. It breaks my heart to hear it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I know if I lost my job the first (and most reasonable) thing to come to my mind would be murdering my family.

Some people should have never been born.

Southern California or even Central California have always been terrible places full of insane people and it's a horrible shame that the people in Northern California and Eastern California have to live under the nonsensical legislative and political tyranny of those two regions.

Personally, I cant wait for the "big one" to send CA floating away. I've a bottle of champagne set aside for the occasion.

Wow. LOL thanks alot.

Can't wait to go floating away.

People are getting weird. The other day here in Northern California, a woman was writing down the licence plate number of a guy that was doing donuts in his car. He saw her and ran her over.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ugh!

i don't have too much problem with suicides - but murdering your own kids?

i've noticed parents who kill their children then themselves don't get as roundly condemned as other murderers. in these situations we focus a lot on the causes and the tragedy of it all and the fact that brutal murders just took place gets pushed aside.

hmmm ...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
So, without at least a middle class standing in America, life is not worth living? Are we such consumers that life is only valuable insomuch as we have cable, internet, vacations or the multitudinous other perks that bring enjoyment?

Sadly but yes a lot of people feel this way as messed up as that is. Just turn on TV for a second and see all the plastic people with no souls left. Good reflection of what a lot of people think is the only way to live.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Tragedies like this just leave me shaking my head.

Is this what people in America have become? Money is their God? Is this what's happening?

Me personally, I have a wife and two children and if push comes to shove, I will not only just try to survive... I will try to stay happy while I'm broke, homeless, jobless, and just trying to find food. I know it will be easier said than done, but I will atleast give it a shot... Life wasn't meant to be easy and that's what many Americans have grown acustom to... a life of comfort. And when life suddenly starts to get hard... many people want to take the easy way out.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Thats very true. Never really thought about that.

Wonder why.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I don't think it's even money so much as many people in the States think that they are owed a comfortable lifestyle and perks just because they are born in "The Land of the Free." nevermind that the idea is supposed to be that you are free to work for as much money as you want.

What I can't wrap my mind around is--if it is true--that both parents are involved in this.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
ugh!

i don't have too much problem with suicides - but murdering your own kids?

i've noticed parents who kill their children then themselves don't get as roundly condemned as other murderers. in these situations we focus a lot on the causes and the tragedy of it all and the fact that brutal murders just took place gets pushed aside.

hmmm ...

That is a good point indeed. I notice this especially when there is a custody order involved. The assumption that the murdering parent was driven to his actions by the courts and all that.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

i don't know why and i'm guilty too. you hear stories like this and automatically some kind of compassionate instinct comes to the fore and all you feel is sorrow and wonder how bad it must have been for any parent to take such drastic actions.

and to be fair ... there is that to take into consideration but ... the bottom line is, they've also just murdered innocent children and we shouldn't forget that. it seems we mollycoddle parents who commit these crimes and so does the press and maybe that's why it's happening more often. we need to stop and condemn these people for what they are. brutal, cold blooded murderers.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by racegunz
Let's see a couple with no future decide they cannot provide a descent life for their kids so they abort (kill) them, seems reasonalble to me, about 3500 couples a day make that decision. Oh wait! these kids were already born and had names and left dead bodies to be cleaned up that couldn't be covered with a small cloth, you know, like at the abortion center. No difference in my opinion, kill your own offspring it's the new/old thing to do!

that's a whole other thread but for the most part ... you wouldn't get any arguments from me.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is awful,

Those poor innocent children, but with this situation less than a fortnight away:

California Controller to Stop Welfare and Tax Refunds

I feel we may be seeing more of this happening, as people struggle to live a life they never have, without the luxuries this generation have taken for granted, hard times, as hard as they are going to be for many will be such a psychological trauma they will I am afraid act in very out of character ways that are extreme.

Suicide is very rare in 2/3 rds of the rest of the world where many people walk 2-10 miles every day to get clean water, and sometimes eat grass, they always have spirit and fight on, hope still burns.

I will leave it at that, and my prayers are with the children, may they rest in peace, for the parents well, I doubt they will be at peace, tragic as it is.

Elf.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Suicide is very rare in 2/3 rds of the rest of the world where many people walk 2-10 miles every day to get clean water, and sometimes eat grass, they always have spirit and fight on, hope still burns.

really? I've never heard that, but it doesn't surprise me. Maybe they see enough death in day to day life that they wish to avoid it? I have to believe for my sanity that all murdered children go straight to the presence of God, I just have to believe it.........

[edit on 27-1-2009 by racegunz]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sick people. I wonder if you can charge the banks or gov't with the murders since it is a result of their actions that led to this.

These are some weak minded/willed people. I have such a strong urge and will to survive and death is the furthest thing that ever enters my mind. I've been outta work for 2 years yet find a way to manage.

I just never understood people who put/give their life and everything into a job. Is this your only existence and reason for being? To slave at a job and barely survive? If they are that weak it's probably better they don't exist, just a shame about the poor children.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join