It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you link your ATS account to a TinWiki account in order to get your credit and questions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am interested in doing some editing and maybe even starting new entries on TinWiki. However I do not know how to link it to my current ATS account in order to gain the credit I earn or for people to comment and question what I have posted. Is there anyone out there who can help?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just sign up for an account on tiniki with your ATS screen name, and let me know here. Or if you want to use a different name, that is fine too. Just let me know and I will give you credit for your articles and or images. As far as getting points for your work, the easiest and best way to make sure you get credit is to start a thread in this forum detailing your work. This way if I don't get to you right away there is a record and I can catch up at a later date. You can also u2u me, but that is not really always fool proof either.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

How do I let you know?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just let me know here, in this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I redid the WW2 article and made some more modifications to the "Travis Walton" article...I made a mistake on the "Blues" article and I apologize for that. Should have used the sandbox first there. But all-in-all, I didn't screw up too much my first go-around.

Hop over to the WW2 and PLEASE let me know what you think!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You are doing an excellent job on that page. I think it had been largely a copy and paste job before you made your edits. We do not copy and paste entries on tinWiki.

So keep up the good work and let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a couple of pointers for you. The entries on tinWiki should be encyclopidic and of neutral viewpoint. It is not a bullpit. So at the end of your article you made the comment (or something very close) I am still researching this. And that is fine. AND, it is something I am guilty of recently myself as well, so this is to let you know as well as to reinforce it within myself as well. Those comments shoud be made on the articles talk page. I am going to move it there for you so you get the idea. Also, if you have an plan for the rest of the article, maybe you should think about outlining it on ther talk page?

Another thing is to always make sure to categorize the articles. This makes it easier to research for similar articles.

As for your Blues page comments that you say you screwed up. How did you screw up? To me it looks like you just used bbcodde instead of wiki code to post an image. Also, I believe the member upload service isn't working right now. So if you upload an image now you will get an error page when you try and view the picture.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
yeah I found it on that "Needed fixing" section. It had a red block of text saying it was largely just cut and paist....needs to be written....ect.

I forgot to re categorize it as it was under conspiracies, which may (and probably will) get to but didn't seem appropriate.

And thanks Wil I worked fairly hard on it. Getting all the information and finding out how to word what I found into a "near story-like" commentary. This to keep readers attention, while paying the most attention to historic FACTS.
Anyway will keep working on it as I can. My wife goes to school online (to be an editor lol) so she needs it often.

[edit to ask...where's them points, an' my badge ... lol, I'm just kidding]
[edit because its morning...'nuff said
]

[edit on 4-2-2009 by RustykShade]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
first let me say sorry for all the posts.

made all the changes you recommended, including the talk section and where I hope this article will go. Changed category, and can be found under the "Government projects and installations" category page.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You are doing an excellent job on the article. And don't worry, your points will be coming.

Jumbo points!

Keep at it though, all of the articles can be improved. That is one of the great aspects of a wiki, time is definitely on our side. You don't need to try and create a monumental work in one sitting.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have now made an account on tinwiki under the name of Cauch1.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
welcome, Cauch1, look forward to seeing your work. If you need help with the coding let me know and I will help, I'm learning how to use wiki code...

I've already started to dream in wiki-code...
j/k

Anyway hope you like working on the articles/tinwiki as much as I have been.

RustykShade

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've also done some small editing and signed up on tinwiki as SLAYER6969

I've been working on this
tinwiki.org...

It is rumored to utilize a extra-terrestrial reversed engineered gravitomagnetic space propulsion system based on mercury based plasma ferrofluid that can propel it to at least four times the speed of light,

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RustykShade

What is wiki code. I thought it was as simple as going on edit and then typing in the area you believe needs changing.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

Wikicode, I'm pretty sure, is the particular code that you use to format the text and make links and such. For example, if there was an article on tinwiki about...I don't know, cheese...and I mentioned that a fellow named octotom was the best cheese maker in the world, when I was editing the article, I would write octotom like this, [[octotom]], in order to link to an article about him. There are plenty of other codes, but I haven't quite figured them out yet.

And, while some others have done it, I'll just mention that I've been working on some articles on tinwiki as well, under the name "octotom".

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello

I registered on TinWiki.org. My username is greenorbs. I will be posting an article or two on Kaballah applied to the Fibonacci sequence.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Hi Will,

I posted a paragraph under my ATS username on Sprites. There were no Sprite titles on tinwiki so I used my experience with the lights in my home. I'll update when I receive more house Sprite contact.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

That is really interesting. What exactly are sprites? Are they intelligent? Check out this picture I took the other morning. I think it is most likely just a reflection on the house, but I could not find the source for the reflection, and it only lasted for a few minutes. I found it odd, so I snapoped the picture. Also, it is not from direct sunlight, as the sun was behind the house at the time of the morning I took the picture. As I said, it is probably a reflection from something maybe on my roof. However, it did not move, and it just disappaered when it went. So when I read your article about the sprites, it reminded me of this picture I took.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2664d7067a3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57181a8458b7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hi again Will,

Thanks to tinwiki I've unearthed some old Sprite articles from the web. The scientific community is also baffled by these lights.

According to the NASA website Sprite characteristics can be described as: Explosive spheres in Earths' atmosphere,... Auroras,.... glowing brighter than the planet Venus,.... and have a life span of 3 to 10 milliseconds. This short life span makes the Sprite Light difficult to study.

Spirits of Another Sort

[edit on 4-5-2009 by OrangeJuice]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Don't want to put a downer on you but that looks like artificial light to me. Like if someone was shining a powerful torch on your house. At least that is what it looks like to me.

-Cauch1

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs
Hello

I registered on TinWiki.org. My username is greenorbs. I will be posting an article or two on Kaballah applied to the Fibonacci sequence.

I have a couple of questions before I begin adding content over at TinWIKI.

1. Is my proposed content acceptable? I applied some Kabbalah teachings to the Fibonacci sequence and found an arguable biblical message. See this post for more.

2. If acceptable, where should it go? In a new area on Kabbalah linked from the Mysticism article? Or from a new article dealing with math numerology? Or both?

Thanks for the feedback. I just want to make sure the content is acceptable before I add it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join