It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Total non believer here. Have never believed, past lives. Until.......the last few months I met a woman that seems 'too familiar' then the other day I was helping my son with a history lesson and came across a pic of Amelia Earhart. We were not looking for her but I saw her pic, she's in front of a plane and I suddenly felt like I'd been there or knew her somehow. She and I share a birthday I later found out. I have a passing interest in aviation but have never been interested in her.
Then I was doing Brazilain jiu jitsu the other day and one of the other students rattled off something in Romanian, I answered him. I've had other odd incidents recently but they're just feelings mostly.
And late I've been having odd dreams, some about things to come, some about things that have happened.

Any thoughts? I've seen a shrink, no bipolar, no schizophrenia, no mental illness at all. Psychiatrist was puzzled though. He said, I was normal save for all these weird feelings and familiarities. He attributed to 'stress'.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is definitely interesting, particularly the incident with the speaker of Romanian. The only suggestion I can think of at the moment is to be consciously observant of unusual instances, taking care to detail them in a notebook for later reference. This will be of use in the future, and may in fact form a collection from which a fuller picture can be drawn.

I'm not a believer in reincarnation either, but there are moments that certainly lead me to consider it. I suppose it comes down to the fact that we just don't know much about ourselves as humans at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Did you ever have any oddities in your early childhood that might be significant? (imaginary friends, a keen interest in something for no particular reason, abnormal fears such as drowning or other death related fears) There are some kids who remember memories of a past life, but after being submerged in this new life forget the old memories, but they are still present in the subconscious mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Interesting.

Here's some reading for you : www.ufodigest.com...

Yep. There might actually be a scientific explanation for past life memories.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

He attributed to 'stress'.

Aaaaaah, modern science and psychology. Not that I didn't use to love psychology.

Not that I can think of anything useful to say, but that's pretty groovy that you've had those experiences; especially the Romanian part.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

TraderJack,

If you wish to pursue this I recommend getting into Qi-Gong (Chi-Kung).

Your martial arts may have triggered these openings of consciousness.

If you meditate “see” yourself in a tree of crystal and later let the tree become a vine of pure white light.

Previous lives do exist of this I have no doubt. Enjoy your journey!

new topics

top topics

join