It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of 'UFO' at Inauguration Gets Internet Buzz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Video of

www.foxnews.com

The video shows an unknown object flying past the Washington Monument, as nearly two million people gathered to watch the inauguration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-1-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting, solely because it was picked up by the "MSM". Hey any exposure on the subject has to be a good thing to keep the discussion of "aliens" alive, right?

The video is blurry at best. Maybe we could get an original copy, will try to look into it.

I am not sure though if this is supposed to be serious, or just poking fun at the "conspiracy theorist" crowds.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It was only "picked up" my the MSM because it's completely hilarious.

Great work of comedy.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's a friggin' bird!
Already discussed ad nauseam in a thread two days ago

here the link www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yes as fast as the object is traveling, it is hard to know exactly what it was. Birds are fast especially when they are really booking it.

It looks like the object/bird changes direction though mid-flight, and angles back off away from the camera thus the smaller visual footprint, but would not a bird in order to change direction rise in mid-flight to change to such a drastic angle away?....adjusting its wings, tail etc? This object looks to stay on a pretty much level flight path even when it angles away from the camera.

Also, he does have a point about how big would that have to be to still be seen that large at the distance behind the tree. Compare the size to people on the ground and it does make one think. Try watching it in HD it really helps.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by TH3ON3]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think it's proof that the Sun is reading ATS threads

and vice versa

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

I know it was discussed here. I already said the fact it was picked up by MSM is why it is here.

It just goes to show the media is always scouring sites for stories.

I did take a previous poster's advice and watched it in HD... a little better, but really its too hard to tell.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I watched that live as it happened on a pretty big HDTV
and can say for certain it was a bird.
Wings a flappin'..
Good catch though.
Keep your eyes to the sky!

I'll have to agree with Cluckerspud as I have video that I have taken years ago that shows birds that look like streaks. I never thought they were UFO's as I could see when I didn't have my eye at the viewfinder that there were birds zooming all around me.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If you think that's a bird, then you don't know what a bird looks like. That is NOT a bird.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The UFO at the inaguration is not a bird...it does a 90 degree turn at the very end of the video...what're you seein'? Also, no bird would be visible at the distance the camea took the video from...can you explain that?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Oh. My. God. It's not a plane either. It must...be...SUPERMAN!!!

You can't be serious. Are you? It's a bird flying in above the field, from left to right, at a bout 40 mph. Birds do this all the time. They fly in the sky. That's what birds do. They fly!

Amazing, ain't it?

[edit on 24-1-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by paisley101
The UFO at the inaguration is not a bird...it does a 90 degree turn at the very end of the video...what're you seein'? Also, no bird would be visible at the distance the camea took the video from...can you explain that?

Considering a peregrine falcon can reach speeds of up to 168mph

www.victorialodging.com...

Birds turn by beating one wing more rapidly than other and depending on the type of bird depends on the turn radius. Bats can turn at 90 degree angles so I assume bids can come close if they are fast enough.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
forget the bird / ufo......what is that thing hanging from the light tower on the right side of the video? it looks like a person.....

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Anyone pointed the likley possiblity it was a UAV, aka surveillance drone?

The wingspan reminded me one.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

MikeboyUS' post makes sense to me, in spite of the "bird" theories. We have, perhaps, the most contentious inauguration for a President in living memory (BW, I think that Obama was a great choice for the US from a European perspective) and crowds of "2 million". It seems likely that the US would deploy hi-end surveillance equipment to cover the event.

Why not a surveillance craft? Put it this way, whether or not this was a surveillance craft, I fully expect there to have been a couple up there!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, I took some stills from the video to help people make up their own minds.

Personally, if it's a bird, it's probably looking for something to eat as it sure seems skinny...

[edit on 25/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I had posted this in the Aliens & UFOs thread about the Inaugural Bird and figured I'd toss it in here as well.

Slowed to 1/4 speed...

8 seconds - 30Mb - 720X480 - DivX .AVI

... decide for yourself.

ALSO:
GreyFoxSolid found this news video which even used ATS as an example of the Many sites with discussions on the matter.

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid
Heh, here is a news video about it that actually shows ATS in it.

Mysterious Object at Inauguration

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Here is it zoomed in a bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I believe many of these to be camera glitches.
Its definitely nothing special that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Very weird, that is! That one does look like a bird indeed, but the stills in that look completely different then the version I have!

I took the flv from CNN's site, so may be quality issues.

Definately look different but.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join