It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Missile Strike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Obama's First Missile Attacks

corner.nationalreview.com

The strike was the first on Pakistani territory since the inauguration of President Barrack Obama.

Pakistani leaders had expressed hope Obama would halt the attacks, more than 30 of which have been launched since the middle of last year, reportedly killing several senior militants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.kristv.com
www.google.com
www.kxmc.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.google.com...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well I find this very very worrying.

He has stated strongly that he wants to increase the number of troops in Afghanistan, and sees it as the focus of future military actions on "Terrorism" that the USA faces.

He also then also believes, and supports the way of going about these things that the previous Islamic despised administration did, by attacking nation states and countries, with no warning, thereby pre-emptive action.

I think this will be a huge blunder in any hopes to build bridges between the Islamic world and the new Administration, and will squash the hopes of a change in the US foreign Policy angle, that soo many both domestically and abroad had been hoping for.

Does this allow us to be quite sure that with future US military build up in Afganistan the ground operations there could expand, to include Pakistan proper?

Kind regards,

Elf.

corner.nationalreview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

"I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges," Obama said, "but let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will."

It's funny how this quote isn't remembered by to many people.

[edit on 23/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I repeat!

There is no reference to President Obama authorizing any such thing in any of the articles you posted.
Any illusion of a strike order coming from President Obama at this point is pure conjecture and propaganda.

They cannot even prove (as of now) the plane was American - (Though they *SUSPECT* it was a drone)...

All they state is it’s the first strike since the inauguration and state NOTHING about President Obamas influence or authorization.

peace

Edit is not working...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

Reality sucks sometimes, doesn't it? Its not that they don't remember, they just ignored it, no matter how many times a person tried to tell them about his stance toward Pakistan. As someone else said, Barack Obama has merely started doing what he said he was going to do. No one should be surprised by this.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I refer you to my post here:

Obama Authorises Missile Attack On Pakistan

It is not a blatant lie.

Please read the post above for why.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I suppose its possible, but read Pfeil's post. Obama has made it very clear that he's willing to strike at targets within Pakistan. At this point, he is the President of the United States, the Commander-in-Chief.

Consider the alternative of what you're saying for a moment. If Obama did not authorize this, then we have someone in the military chain of command conducting a military strike on a sovereign nation without Presidential approval.

That's about as scary as it gets, if you think about it. Granted, I don't believe for a second that this went down without Obama's approval.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
How many times are you going to post this thread. This is 2 now.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I read your thread and posted exactly what I did here.

The HEADLINE you used is a blatant lie.

There is NO PROOF President Obama ordered and/or authorized this strike.

Read your own links.

All they say is it's the first strike since the inauguration.

PERIOD.

They can't even prove (at this point) if the planes were USA or not.

peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Politicians can deploy bullcrap by the truckload, the true test of their value systems and intentions is their actions.

Obama is still a bit ambiguous, but overall I do say that the signs are negative and that he will tend to be just another elitist pawn. To me it seems that anything "positive" he does is done for show, for fanfare, and is ultimately irrelevant to his main agenda, which is the continuation of an elitist long term power and control agenda.

I don't expect much good from him.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
More Details BBC

It is the first such attack since Barack Obama was inaugurated as US president on Tuesday.

Pakistan has long argued that such strikes are counter-productive and are a violation of its sovereignty.

The drone attack struck a house owned by a man called Khalil Khan in the village of Zeerakai at 1700 local time.

On Thursday, President Obama appointed Richard Holbrooke as special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, having promised that his administration would continue to tackle the threats posed by extremists in both countries.

BBC

Well Holbrooke makes me feel very secure !!! NOT!!!

Says it all really, more of the same.

Same Chicken , different feathers as my Granddad used to say, about politicians.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I suppose its possible, but read Pfeil's post. Obama has made it very clear that he's willing to strike at targets within Pakistan. At this point, he is the President of the United States, the Commander-in-Chief.

I read the thread.
It's headline is not only a blatant lie but misleading.

There is no proof from any source, reliable or not, President Obama authorized anything.

They have no proof (at this point) the plane (don’t even know if it’s a drone or not) is of US origin.

Yes, I know President Obama's stand on Pakistan.

Which only goes to prove both these posts are false and misleading.

If President Obama would have Authorized the strikes he’d be the first one to tell the US about it!

There is enough confusion going on in the world these days without adding to it - especially just to get a star or two on ATS for heaven’s sake.

PEACE!

[edit on 23-1-2009 by silo13]

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Obama is the Commander in Chief. He is to be held responsible for all actions of our military just as all former presidents have been.
Or did you think Obama was different?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Then, as I stated, the alternative is that you have the military conducting unauthorized strikes on its own upon a sovereign nation. That's not a comforting thought. Thankfully, its also not something I believe is true.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Nobody should judge him until they themselves sit behind the BIG desk.
It was only a matter of time before we started seeing this. Once he started getting information from everything from the daily headaches to top secret briefings.

I Don’t think he realized he will not be able to maintain a lot of what he said during the elections now that he is getting the real info.
CNN
Seems to disagree with you.
It was only a matter of time.
Once the briefings started he would have a change not the one he wanted but change none the less.

I wonder why people are getting so defensive.
What Obama is not the President? He doesn’t get daily briefings on things we have no clue about? He as the Commander in Chief whether Democrat or Republican will do what is needed. Even if it’s not popular!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

There is no proof from any source, reliable or not, President Obama authorized anything.

look at my link below, this is how BREAKING news happens.

WHY SO TOUCHY?

They have no proof (at this point) the plane (don’t even know if it’s a drone or not) is of US origin.

Well as WW3 has not started it is the USA I am sure all intelligent and mature people on this subject and area will agree.

Yes, I know President Obama's stand on Pakistan.

Which only goes to prove both these posts are false and misleading.

In fact quite the opposite, he wants to increase troops on the ground their and operations as stated strongly many times.

If President Obama would have Authorized the strikes he’d be the first one to tell the US about it!

My god the clinical hypnosis did work didnt it?

There is enough confusion going on in the world these days without adding to it - especially just to get a star or two on ATS for heaven’s sake.

I don't care about stars my friend, just the truth and lack of SPIN, this is about putting news in a news forum what are you twittering on about?

As I have said to you elsewhere, wake up, It is impossible for a Live round of any sort to be fired into a country that you are not at war with, or occupying, unless in self defence of Human life, without the presidents approval.

You are really showing yourself to be very naive, honestly!

How could a Missile be fired into a country without his approval if there is not a state of War or military operations like in Iraq going on?

Just how?

If it was China or India run for the shelters now while you can!!!

The Russians are saying it was American anyhow:

A US pilotless aircraft on Friday fired three missiles at a suspected militant hideout, killing at least four al- Qaeda members and four local militants in Pakistan's tribal region bordering Afghanistan, an intelligence official said, dpa reported.

Trend News

Now I will count to 1 from 10 backwards and you will wake up, feeling more aware and coming back to your senses!!

10, opening your eyes to the massive coverage on BBC CNN SKY AP Rueturs,

9, realising he is just the same as other politicians

8, Yes he didn't tell you first

7, not soo sleepy now, why are an extra 10,000 troops going to Afghanistan

6, OMG he is a War Monger too

5, But I was soo sure of the CHANGE

4, Change is apparently just a new name apple or orange sales close, republican or democrat same policies

3, but I had soo much Hope

2, why are the Islamiscists blowing us up again?

1 AWAKE

How could I have been asleep for so long?

Kind regards Elf

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
When they prove the plane - drone - whatever - is USA of origin, and, when President Obama tells the American public he authorized the action, then we'll have something to talk about.

Until then it's all BS.

peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

There is no reference to President Obama authorizing any such thing

You've repeatedly been told - a missle strike like this comes ONLY IF THE POTUS APPROVES OF IT. Therefore, if it happened, then Obama definately approved of it.

when President Obama tells the American public he authorized the action, then we'll have something to talk about.

You've been told this before - Obama isn't your personal messenger-boy. No POTUS comes on TV and instantly informs the American public of every military move he makes. Never have. Never will. Obama is no different. He's too busy running the country to come jumping on the TV to explain every thing he does with the military.

Now listen up ... we'll give it one more try ...

IF THERE WAS A STRIKE IT ONLY HAPPENED BECAUSE OBAMA APPROVED IT TO HAPPEN. IT'S THE ONLY WAY IT COULD HAPPEN

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Now .. I turned on the MSM TV news. No one is talking about it.
Their websites are devoid of this information as well.

IF a strike happened then Obama approved of it.
But it is unclear as to if a strike has happened.

Those are the facts.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And if any of you think a President who's not been in office 48 hours would authorize a strike on another country and not release the information to the public via the White House press???

NOW who's talking naive.

rotfl

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join