It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

www.examiner.com

Less well known is that in October 22, 2002, Podesta petitioned for the release of UFO files that had been unnecessarily classified. He said: "I think it's time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark on the question of government investigations of UFOs.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed source link]

[edit on 22-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

President Obama has decided to act quickly and decisively in instructing all adminstration officials to take action to implement principles of Open Government and Transparency. In the case of classified X-Files dealing with evidence of UFOs and extraterrestrial life, Obama’s Memoranda will make it easier for the release of such files in cases where national security is not compromised. The consequences of the release of X-Files of different government agencies and military departments will be momentous if they confirm that extraterrestrial life is visiting Earth.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed source link, added required EX tags]
*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 22-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This has the potential for earth shaking revelations that we have been waiting for decades.

This country needs transparency and open government. It's time the taxpayers have some respect showed to them and not just bullied by the PTB.

s&f

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

you are right well put, star for you...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
wow starred and flagged for sure. I just hope disclosure occurs with this president. It'll definitely be the change that were looking for if its viable information.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I hope this will actually happen but I am not holding my breath, even if he really does mean to open the files on UFO and other things there are those within the goverment who dont want it and might do something to stop it.
Lets hope not but this is starting to remind me of JFK ...and we all know how that turned out....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

it will happen. The clinton's tried and were very close, now with both obama and hillary i dont see any reason why they wouldnt...

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

In the case of classified X-Files dealing with evidence of UFOs and extraterrestrial life, Obama’s Memoranda will make it easier for the release of such files in cases where national security is not compromised.

and in cases where national security is compromised, nothing will be released.

in other words, don't hold your breath.

I've told this story before but, with a new president, a retelling might be in order.

Jimmy Carter promised to let the public know about ufos etc.

Some time after his presidency, a producer from a very prestigious news show who was involved in the original majestic document story, asked him what happened to that promise.

Carter responded with " I was told I didn't have the proper clearance"

when the producer pushed deeper and said "with all due respect, Sir, you were the President of the United States."

Carter then said that was the case but he was a temp. Given that he was there for 4 years, he wasn't going to be shown the deepest, most secure secrets when he might be back in the public sector in 4 short years.

Does this mean there are documents that prove we've got knowledge of alien life?

no, it simply means we've got a level of clearance that cannot be breached by the president.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur is right. What you might end up with is a ton of papers blacked out, worthless.

And since the studies done begining in the early 50's about UFO's being any threat to national security, well that covers just about all of the subject matter that is documented.

What you will get is a plethoria of mostly eye witness testimony and some collaborating, hand drawn pictures and maybe a few old photographs that wont show any more evidence that is already out there.

Im with Crakeur on this one...dont hold your breath.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by whaaa

This has the potential for earth shaking revelations that we have been waiting for decades.

This country needs transparency and open government. It's time the taxpayers have some respect showed to them and not just bullied by the PTB.

"except for matters of National Security." the words that eliminate transparency, openness.

Question: "Does this look bad?"
Answer: "Yes.'"
Reply: "Then it 'affects 'National Security.' Do not release it. In fact, debunk it and discredit the Requestor."

Does anyone really believe the Executive Branch can direct the "military-industrial complex?"

Those who do, we need to talk about a price for these unicorns I grew in my garden. Those who don't, please provide your name and ISP address. We'll talk later.

Get real.

jw
(oops; edit for stupidity)

[edit on 22-1-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry peolpe but do you honestly believe any goverment or body of controlled organization would release such information to the public,if ufos existed that is.
If they did release files they would definately not be of any importance(do you think they would tell you they have captured 17 ets and 4 ufos).
NO could you imagine what it would do to humanity,security,technology and the economy.
We have discovered a new form of transport with a new energy source and you could kiss goodbye to the motor industry,aviation and shipping,where would that leave the economy,all the fat cats in the world would have no purpose and no hyper saleries and and all the other BS
Also does anyone find it strange that a former british MOD ufo investigator has pasterted himself in the limelight talking about how the goverment are releasing files over a period of time.......WTF.
Is he a debunker???????
Or is he tasked to string along what hope people have left.

Sorry if i bored anyone.

Largecod

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If a president wishes to release that information he can. Even if it means changing the entire military and intelligence leadership to people loyal to him, which I suspect Obama, might do…

The only question remains is if once he knows all this information he will be inclined to release it, since its probably more shocking then most people can imagine…

However considering where the world is heading, and considering there might be extreme situations in the next few years. If there would ever be an acknowledgment of UFO existence I would bet the next 4 years would be the time…

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I hope he releases documents relating to 9/11 as well.

But even just this is pretty cool, although, I doubt anything groundbreaking will be released. The stuff that's the best will probably be blacked out.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Many of the UFO reports are most likely MILITARY applications unknown to the public, so those obviously can't be released. I think very little will come out of this, since I think we severely underestimate how many sightings of UFO incidents are either mistakes or military secrets.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
The only question remains is if once he knows all this information he will be inclined to release it, since its probably more shocking then most people can imagine…

again, he can ask all he wants. his clearance won't be high enough and I doubt there's anything he can do to change that. I wouldn't be surprised if there were protocols in place to protect certain secrets in the event a president decided to give himself the clearance.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That is food for thought. Can he actually change the system to that extent to where his campaign for transparency breeches all levels of the secret shadow governments? Is he only a temp? Or could he somehow call for a status change reversal to the times before Johnson? I wonder if ex Presidents have ever tried?

EDIT: I just read the post above... still I can only hope and dream...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by antar]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

LargeCod, but what if you are wrong?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I bet they've tried.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
If a president wishes to release that information he can. Even if it means changing the entire military and intelligence leadership to people loyal to him, which I suspect Obama, might do…
That's very doubtful. I wouldn't imagine that the executive branch has access to all classified information, but, again, that's just my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Carter responded with " I was told I didn't have the proper clearance"
reply to post by Crakeur

What 'they" told Carter may be right. He didn't have enough military experience to qualify for a clearance. Another reason may have been that Carter was not trustworthy in their opinion. I would call it half a bubble off.

For some reason Nixon was apparently allowed access to secrets if you believe Gleason's story.

Kennedy was supposedly going to tell all but then got himself shot. Coincident?

Clinton rode in on a white horse and was going to open the book on UFOs. We all know how that went. He was denied access. IMHO because he was not trustworthy in their opinion. Clinton was a very compromised man in many ways. The list of picadillos involving Clinton was endless.

I think Barrack is in the same position as Clinton. He will make promises but won't be able to fulfill them because he will be denied access due to his extensive questionable past (example Bill Ayers). Another strike against Barrack is his lack of military experience and probable bias against all things military.

Bush I and II probably knew by for the most (esp. I) but had no inclination to let the public in on it. They were probable insiders.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join