It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas Compilation thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
No time for tears, we have work to do, President Obama has come into office in the past 2 days like wildfire and it is going to get difficult to keep all the threads about him in one neat and tidy place.

So until the ATS Administration creates a forum dedicated to this same need, I wanted to start this thread to report all that we hear, see and discover about President Obama and the policies, regulations, reversals and change he will be implementing and announcing in the next days, weeks and months ahead.

To the best of my knowledge at this time here is what ATS has compiled:

Obama freezing pay of top staff... signs ethics rules
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama to lift ban on funding for groups providing abortions overseas

Obama to Bush, I can release your records. Don't like it? Sue.

So, you get the general idea here, after this was just day one. I suspect it is going to move fast, so favorite this thread to and come back often to post your findings, make comments and join in discussion about the change that Obama based his campaign on.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
UFO Files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

Obama to close guantanamo and forein prisons, Limit CIA methods

I made mention of the timely need for UFO files to be released in an earlier thread today, boy this is moving fast!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Feel free to post any new results as I cannot sit on the comp 24-7 and this new President has hit the floor running!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
S&F for ya!

However, Good luck on this; because, even tho' in hopes that a mod might reply to my thread or even push it to the board to get review and post why or why not it won't get it's own forum, it went quickly to the bottom of the pile without a whisper...or a U2U.

cheers!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks Komoto, I'm on it! Lets take a look at your work, I had made a thread this morning in retrospect I decided to join with another that resonated with what the vision was for mine, but accomplished it in a much more visual and grounded way. Things are moving so fast and we do need to keep an eye on all the different aspects, views and opinions coming out at this time.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Obama says no to lobbyists - then appoints one!

Certainly not the congratulatory threads some have turned out to be, instead a heated debate about President Obama hiring an ex lobbyist in a high ranking position...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
First embryonic stem cell trial gets FDA approval

Mr. Obama's plans for acting on the current research restrictions haven't been finalized. Shortly after the election, Obama advisers thrilled biotech companies and investors when they suggested that the new president could use his executive authority to undo the Bush administration ban. But in a Jan. 18 interview on CNN, Mr. Obama said he might let Congress take the lead. "I like the idea of the American people's representatives expressing their views on an issue like this," he said.

online.wsj.com...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by antar]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Obama stimulus package set to happen before Presidents day?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This thread is fail.

All this stuff he is trying to do ... and its what ... day 3?!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I wanted to add this link of Obama Promises. Kept, Broken, Stalled and In the Works (See links in bottom right) It's not an ATS link, but it's very informative, nonetheless. I hope that's ok.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you thank you thank you! I was looking diligently for that site yesterday and could not find it after hearing about it on CNN.

A great contribution, it really could almost have it's own thread and an ATS watch.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Geithner : President Obama believes that China is manipulating its currency

I was not certain whether or not to post this as it is not directly from President Obama's mouth but second hand, yet if it is true, it does then need to be here.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A Lasting Future?

President Obama has suspended the Bush Administration’s deadly plan for wolves in Greater Yellowstone and the rest of the Northern Rockies, but the future of these animals is far from certain.

An email alert I recieved from defenders of wildlife:

Dear JULIE,

President Barack Obama has suspended the eleventh-hour attempt by Bush Administration officials to eliminate vital protections for hundreds of wolves in Greater Yellowstone and the rest of the Northern Rockies.

These beloved wolves have literally dodged a bullet. Under the Bush plan, nearly 1,000 of these magnificent animals could have been slaughtered.

But Greater Yellowstone’s wolves aren’t out of the woods yet. Officials in Idaho and Wyoming have already signaled their intent to pursue delisting under their existing management plans -- the same plans that would allow widespread killing of the region’s still-recovering wolf population.

President Obama has been a very busy guy in this his first 3 days in office. This I would say gets chalked up to the positive. And I am greatful.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
report all that we hear, see and discover about President Obama and the policies, regulations, reversals and change he will be implementing

Okay

Times Online - London

Security officials said the strikes, which saw up to five missiles slam into houses in separate villages, killed seven "foreigners" - a term that usually means al-Qaeda - but locals also said that three children lost their lives.

Authorized dropping bombs on houses in Pakistan in which three CHILDREN were killed.

... and that's 'change' from Bush43 ... how?

immediate edit.

[edit on 1/24/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyers Fan

Ok I saw this on the forum but did not see substantial evidence that President Obama 'ordered the strike' do you have any links to show me that he did indeed order the hit?

Missiles fired from suspected US drones killed at least 15 people inside Pakistan today, the first such strikes since Barack Obama became president and a clear sign that the controversial military policy begun by George W Bush has not changed.

Correct me if I am wrong but 'suspected' does not convince me... Especially coming from London Times.

There are and will continue to be many threads created which will display emotion and heresay about the new administration however this thread is intended to steer clear of those types and instead focus on reality based changes for good or bad.
Thank you in advance.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by antar]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Obama's nightmare green agenda unveiled

Although a controversial subject, one of the most important aspects of the new administrations designs for the future of America, jobs and the creation of a worldwide resolution to global warming.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
did not see substantial evidence that President Obama 'ordered the strike' do you have any links to show me that he did indeed order the hit?

We can not have a missile strike into a country - an 'allie country' in this case - without the president giving the okay. That's how it works. He has to authorize it. Every president has had to. Obama is no different.

Huffington Post , that definately leans to the left, even acknowledges the hits.

I'm not complaining about the hits on Pakistan. They are needed. What I find odd is that for the past 8 years people have complained about Bush43 hitting missiles strikes on homes that kill children, and now Obama has done the same thing, and the left is quiet about it.

As for how this fits in this thread, here ya go - Obama will not only continue the Bush policy towards Pakistan, but his campaign rhetoric says he will be even tougher. IF IF IF he actually does what he said in the campaign (you never know when dealing with politicians) then we can expect more of this kind of missile strike - homes destroyed and children dead.

As i said - I APPROVE of missile strikes at the targets in Pakistan. The terrorists hide behind civilians and there isn't much we can do about it. We have to protect ourselves. But there is a level of hypocrisy when those who whined about Bush doing this now suddenly think it's okay because Obama is doing it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyers Fan

I will be so very dishearten if what you say is true, I really hoped that President Obama and the Clinton's could help restore peace in the middle east. That we could finally bring our troops home to safety for them and us.

I had to think that these moves are made at times with out Presidential order, that they were preplanned strikes that fell between the lines of the past administration and the new.

If what you say is true, then I fear the hope I have indulged for the past few days is for nothing. If there is no hope on the horizon, and we are destined to relive a holocaust in the next few years, then I will stand up and do what I can to keep those I love as sheltered from the storm as possible.

I truly love the diversity of our Country and all of its people and places.

Are you saying there is no room for change or hope? Has it gone too far to turn back?

I do not want the world to say that I have bombed a school, a mosque a home in any place on the earth and killed children, but if there is no hope than I am no different than a deck hand going down with the ship. I am responsible because of the place of my birth.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
President Barak Obama bashes financial giants for squandering bailout funds: Vows Crackdown

Transparency and accountability, as one of the posters in this thread stated, "Obama has certainly hit the ground running."

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
House passes 819B Stimulus Bill

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join