It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Literally Skips Off The Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Depending on how strong a given magnetic flux is, which they do vary in size and intensity on the Sun, that can affect how fast or how slow a flare will move along the magnetic flux line.

SOHO has some excellent videos on effects like this.

But faster than lightspeed?
Possible the video is not real time but speeded up I suppose. Just doesn't look much like a prominence I've ever seen.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

But faster than lightspeed?
Possible the video is not real time but speeded up I suppose.

Ya we dont know if the video is timelapsed or not. I think it is running a bit faster than normal going by the ambient stuff in the background, light clouds or something especially at the top above the Sun and object, they seem to move rather quickly at the start of the video. The "cloud" or haze is right behind the "unregistered hypercam" emblem and moves below it as the object passes.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You guys might want to do a little more research...

That weren't NO flare.

There might even be some easy to find footage that shows Sun/object encounters.

Hint: The Sun sends a mass out VERY quickly that redirects the trajectory of the object.

It's a LOT clearer than this footage.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
You guys might want to do a little more research...

That weren't NO flare.

Its entirely possible it might be some solid object ejected from the Sun. No one is saying conclusively that it was a flare. But also, that video is not running in normal speed..or so it seems. Look at the "haze" above the Sun and object that is behind the "unregistered hazcam2" emblem, it moves rather quickly, which suggests were viewing a timelapsed video.

There might even be some easy to find footage that shows Sun/object encounters.

Yep, over at the SOHO site. Tons of videos with Sun flare/object effects like this.

Hint: The Sun sends a mass out VERY quickly that redirects the trajectory of the object.

It's a LOT clearer than this footage.

Enjoy.

I dont doubt that. Again it would be alot easier to make an analysis if we knew what speed this video is recorded at. I dont think we are seeing a normal speed recording, but a timelapsed recording played back at normal speed.

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Bird is the Word

it's a bird flying past the Camera

or News choppers use telescopes instead of regular Cameras

[edit on 21-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I noticed that too. It was pretty darn quick. My first guess was that the speed of it is what made it possible to skip off...The sun has a lot of gravity, but it is not a black hole.
Whatever it was, it was pretty darn big too as has been pointed out.

Originally posted by Evasius
That object is actually closer to the camera than you might think. It's more than likely a bird illuminated by the sun. (A bird crossing the line of sight so close to the sun would be bright rather than appear in silhouette).

I wouldnt say that. if you look at the approach angle and the angle it skips off. It is clear that it made contact or at least a very near approach to the sun

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Here's a real possibility though it's surprising that a youtube video seems to be the only source for this particular occurrence.

Sun grazing comet perhaps? Timelapse of course.
Sun grazers

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Very possible Phage. Good thing that went in the other direction and didnt skim the Earth's surface! That would be one huge massive comet, even the one in the first video..if its a comet, would have to be considerable size to withstand that kind of heat.

Intriquing!

Gives a whole new meaning to the song "Walking On The Sun"...its now "Skimming Off The Sun".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurnsIts some of the flare that gets caught by the magnetic field and follows the magnetic field up, around and back down again, which looks like something bouncing off the Sun.

So your saying a news camera on Earth can capture a SOHO class image of a flare?

Really?

Can you post one of those SOHO ones that looks like this? I can't seem to find one that starts so far away from the 'surface' of the sun

Bird? Sure why not... just like all UFO's

[edit on 21-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Kreutz comet seem very unlikely actually. It would be a very long timelapse to catch it anything like the video shows.

Outright fake.
or
Object doesn't actually hit the sun (much closer to earth, perhaps in atmosphere).
or
FTL craft doing a fuel scoop

Dunno

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Even if it was a comet like SOHO catches many of... would an Earth base news camera see this?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Doubtful
See above

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Maybe light refraction from the curvature of the lens? To play the "die-hard skeptic" angle that is...I don't know what the hell that was though but it's pretty cool looking.

Either that or something obscenely massive & fast just used the Sun's gravity to whip itself in a direction for some reason...-shrugs-

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Watch the video closely the trajectory doesn't change at all the camera actually pans upwards slightly id say comet passing through earths atmosphere. Do to the brightness of the sun and the distortions caused by the atmosphere created a once in a lifetime shot. Still very cool though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
Either that or something obscenely massive & fast just used the Sun's gravity to whip itself in a direction for some reason...-shrugs-

HEY there you go

Didn't Star Trek do that to get 'back to the future' in that Whale of a movie with that old Klingon Bird?

The angle is wrong, but would still be a slingshot to somewhere... maybe even faster than light...

I am sure 'they' are not as stuck on that old fool Einstein as we are

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It is most likely a bird that flew past the camera. The heat in the air tends to bend the light (like a mirage or the effect you see when looking through gas fumes), which is why part of the Sun seems to bend when the object is in front of it.

Though it's not possible to know exactly what the object was, without seeing the entire video, but I can attest that it's not something in space, but rather something in Earth that got caught in the camera's view.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If it was an object, SOHO should have captured it. Now, the question is would NASA want to actually let a video out of an object grazing the Sun...Nope.

A bunch of scared people working there and can't let it out of the bag that they already know about these types of crafts/UFO's??? because that would be admitting they have been keeping the truth from us poor idiot lost sheep.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Perhaps out sun is being used as a part a transportation system.

A real star-gate...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
isn't it kinda impossible for something to bounce off the Sun ?

i am sure that whatever did come that close would be vaporized.

i think it's something shooting by in our atmosphere and has distorted the picture making it appear as if it hit the Sun.

But isnt this footage filmed from space with the SoHo or some other sun research satelites ?
I doubt this is an amatuer video and the people operating it now nothing about what they do.
That is just my spin on it. Like with ufo's, people take for granted that trained pilots just knows how planes look like from the inside, since that is where they sit all day.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
S&F! Excellent find. I slowed down the video frame by frame and I want you guys to notice these interesting frames.

Now if it were just a typical spacerock, the sun's gravity would have pulled it in and that would be the end of it, unless it was monstrous in size in which case NASA would have already spotted it and alarmed us of such a massive spacerock. PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE THE ARROWS ARE POINTING! The arrows are pointing to the dark spot, which is an object/UFO in front of (in the foreground of) the plasma trails illustrating its velocity.

Now if it were just a typical Solar Flare, you wouldn't have an object in view (in the foreground) blocking part of the solar flare. And of course, you also wouldn't have any plasma trails.

But I think in this instance that a UFO/object got pulled in by gravity, evidenced by it's plasma trails illustrating its velocity. But what is the object? Spacerocks can't resist that much gravity. A rock would be sucked in and squished like a pancake. You would need unimaginable power in a spacecraft in order to repel the gravity of the sun, but this seems to be what has happened, leading me to believe it is a UFO skimming the Sun.

The first image shows:
UFO/object in the foreground and the plasma trail is behind it.

The second image shows:
After it went through or glided off of the top of the sun, UFO/object is still visible in front of the plasma trail.

[edit on 1/21/2009 by pjslug]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join