It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss of temporal localization as a manifestation of disturbed self-awareness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Some time ago, it was suggested that i had light autism, and more recently OCD. I believe that i have both, based on the symptoms.

After i learned this, i became infatuated with discovering differences between how my mind functions, and how other people's function. I had always had a problem remembering when things happened in relation to other memories, and i thought it was just that i was mentally deficient. One day i was researching OCD, and i stumbled across an article titled very similarly to the topic of this thread, but i have since been unable to find it, or any other information on this condition.

The first time that i realized i couldn't tell the difference between memories was when i was talking about my childhood with my mom. I began describing a memory to her about me being on a trampoleen, and seeing an airplain, and saying "aplaa". I told her that i thought i was about twelve in the memory, but she told me that that was actually my first word, and i was a little older than nine months.

Any info or reading material on this condition would be appreciated.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Buddy, we're all somewhat damaged from the onslaught of toxins, pathogens, and nutritional deprivations that have become a reality within our society. People are coping in different ways. I seriously think that everyone has micro brain lesions all over their brain, and people just laugh at each others "brain farts" and go about their daily lives.

Eat well, and be well my friend.

new topics

join