It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong back in the Tour Down Under

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi,
I am following the Tour in Adelaide(cycling tragic here...i know) and will try and post some video(having trouble with my laptop video editing suite at the Mo.) and will definately have pics, I have passes for the start/finish line for three stages and will be following the other stages on the road so hopefully I will be able to share some great pics and some insights into the race with some of you guys here in ATS sport land.
There is an awesome field in this years Tour including all the tops aussies( no Cadel though!!!), Stuart O'grady(Saxo Bank), Robbie Mcewen(Katusha...new russian team), Micheal Rogers, Baden Cooke(UniSA entire team of Australians lead by Baden... woohoo go boys), Alan Davis(Quick Step), Greame Brown(Rabobank), Mark Renshaw (Columbia) Matt Lloyd(Silence-Lotto) as well as a few young and rising Aussie riders trying to make an name for themselves.
Add to this the internationals, like Lance, Jose Luis Rubiera, Andre Greipel(defending Champ from '08), Big George Hincapie, Geert Steegmans, Jens Voigt(the big engine), Mattieu Sprick, David Moncoutier, Oscar Pereiro(yes another Tour de France winner, Oscar is also returning from a tragic crash in last years TDF that ended his season...Good luck Oscar! TwoTDF winners in this years Tour Down Under...huge for us here in Aus.), Matteo Tosado, Julian Dean, Daniele Nardello....the list goes on.
Here are the teams competing.
Team Columbia(US)
Astana(KAZ)
AG2R La Maondiale(FRA)
Silence-Lotto(BEL)
Katusha(RUS)
SAXO-BANK(DEN)
BBOX Bouygues Telecom(FRA)
Cofidis(FRA)
Quick Step(BEL)
Francaise des Jeux(FRA)
Caisse D'Epargne(ESP)
Euskaltel-Euskadi(ESP)
Milram(GER)
Lampre N.G.C(ITA)
Rabobank(NED)
Liquigas(ITA)
Fuji-Servetto(ESP)
Garmin-Slipstream(U.S)
UniSA-Australia(AUS)

Today features the Cancer Council Classic, its a Crit over51km in a 1.7km circut in Adelaide city. Its warm already here(just after 10.30 am with no breeze and predictions it will hit 32C aboot 90F). So it should be hot and fast. I guess the sprinters will have it today, Cooke, Mcewen, Julian Dean, Jack Bobridge(UniSA), Allan Davis will be the Antipodians to look for and there will be no doubt the internationals like Steegmans, Nardello, Matteo Bono, Christian Knees will be looking to upset those local hereos.

2009 Tour Down Under Site
Course details and outlines, complete team lists as well as news and articles.
Stage and race Info. Stage by Stage.

If you have twitter, you can follow Lance, he constantly updates his profile with pictures and comments. There are some great pics of his new Trek Bike.
twitter.com...

Can't wait to see all the guys in action.

join