It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with threatening Obama on website

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Man charged with threatening Obama on website

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Authorities on Friday arrested a U.S. man on suspicion of threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama based on statements he posted on a website about UFOs and aliens, the Justice Department said.

Steven Joseph Christopher, in three postings to www.alien-earth.org, said he planned to assassinate Obama in Washington "as a sacrificial lamb," the department said in a statement.

"It's really nothing personal about the man. He speaks well ... . But I know it's for the country's own good that I do this," Christopher reportedly wrote.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
From the ranks of the conspiracy theorists, with a nice dose of anti-semitism thrown in for good measure... It appears our saucer seeking brethren has some misgivings about the incoming administration. I abhor using anything other than a ballot box for the removal of an elected official (or the impeachment vote of the Senate), and it is appropriate that this individual was apprehended. It is somewhat amusing that his grandiose plans were made sans a weapon or the funds to get to Washington, D.C.... So goes the internets...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ahh, the saga of "Stevie". Over at godlikeproductions, this guy is well known as a crazy douchbag, that has been know to threaten many of the members there, and is well hated by everyone.

He is a crazy lunatic, but I'm sure that since he is a frequenter of conspiracy sites, we will all be lumped together with his ilk.

Another point that I would like to make, is not to joke around about Obama at this time. You will get arrested.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is nothing new. One does NOT threaten, or even joke about threatening the life of the president. There are a whole bunch of gov guys that do nothing but follow up on even the most obscure and ridiculous threats against the presidents life.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think "Stevie" started talking at GLP about the earth's atmosphere being made of glass, much to the same poster here at ATS who made the thread about the concave atmosphere made of glass also.

Is that the same guy?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

You are correct... But we have had a few members right here on ATS make inappropriate comments about our current president, and the president elect... Several defending their statements by using the ubiquitous "freedom of speech" card. There is no such thing as freedom of speech on a private discussion board, and the First Amendment is interpreted rather narrowly by the SCOTUS.

There will be others unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I believe now they are the same guy. The "Stevie" guy posted about it here on GLP:

GLP post - glass atmosphere

And the guy who posted about it here was in 2005. The Stevie guy I believe was from Illinois or thereabout near Chicago and so was this ATS member.

The ATS version of the glass sky:

ATS post - glass atmosphere

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Plumbo (The name used here on ATS) never made any political statements here. Perhaps because their stay was cut short. I remember arguing with this member about the Glass in the Sky. My rebuttal was that "God doesn't do windows." I always thought this was understood.

Is this the same person? Hard to imagine that there would be more people with the same belief. It's possible I suppose.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Man this guy is a proper nut job, you should read some of the stuff he posted on other sites. Good job he got arrested he gives everyone on conspiracy sites a bad name.

Here's a video of him being arrested and hes still spewing his rubbish.

[edit on 17/1/2009 by orgyofthedead]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by orgyofthedead

ROFL!

Hows the guy in front of him! Must be thinking WTF is wrong with this guy?

What a loon!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
man,,, he looks perfect to play the role of crazy tinfoil hat conspiratist,,,doesn't he

i wasn't shocked by his appearance,,,,, although a big guy

he had the mullet and glasses as i would suspect

haha the video cracked me up

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Man the guy is a loon of the highest order, not only has he made threats to kill Obama, hes also threatened the owners and staff of other conspiracy sites. I think that's how they got onto him, he started to scare people.

I think this should serve a bit of a lesson to everyone who posts messages online in forums, you might be watched and you can be found.
So think before you type!

Here is the guys YouTube channel. (for more ramblings of a lunatic)

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the underlying issue to this is that either TPTB were watching this individual or they were watching the website...

sigh.

this is how they will stop any "revolution" because people will be afraid to speak out for fear of incarceration

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hey.... I recognized him from the YouTube channel. That guy had another account here.

Stevie Joe

Same videos posted here on ATS

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

don't forget, everything any of us have ever said on this site is nicely filed away on our profile page in neat chronological order. If anyone wanted to produce a character profile of us - its all right there.

makes you think you should think before you say anything

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

As far as I'm aware they we tipped off by people whom he was threatening, so i think they started to monitor his postings. When he started to ramp up the talk of assassination they took it seriously and arrested him.

Quote from Stevie

I'm stuck here in Mississippi, and I'll need bus fare or some way of getting to Washington. I don't own a gun, so maybe someone can give me one. And I'll need a leak in the secret service to get a close up shot, somewhere close to the podium, since I've never fired a gun, so I need to get an easy shot off.

Lmao i mean you would take this kind of talk as BS usually, but then when you look at his videos and the look in his eyes, well.... lets just say he needs mental help.

News video about stevie

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
As america builds towards a complete civil war breakdown in 2010, there will be thousands arrested for threats against obama. Get a really big bowl of popcorn, the TV news is gonna be fun to watch.....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
go to his you tube page,,,,please,,please

uk.youtube.com...

read the comments,,,,,i was cracking up!!!!
no wonder he threatened people,,,he wuz dead serious and no one would listen to him

watch the video on that page too,,,,he seems a little disturbed,,,,first he saying listen to me,listen to me!!!!!!!!!!! then goes
OK????? as if begging to be believed

pretty unnerving

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
with the timing of this arrest and the lameness of his threats (no gun, never shot one before, no money), my initial reaction was that this was just a diversion from something more sinister actually being planned out of our line of sight.
However, this guy has such a history apparently of seemingly off the wall behaviour that its probably a true thing. Surely the PTB wouldn't go to such extremes to create a false threat to hold our attention; and also to make it look like they are really on top of things, and so can't be blamed if something really does go down.
Lets hope it is just them being extra careful and diligent.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

what can you say????

who sings to themselves,,, while making a video,,, with random bursts of yelling???

definitely gives a bad rap to anyone involved in legitimate study of alternative topics

for the sake of all of us,,,ATS please burn all records of him ever being here,,,please,please

i can see ATS and all other forums getting lumped in and mentioned as assoc. with him

[edit on 17-1-2009 by shortywarn]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join