It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore

page: 1

join
share:
Al

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm just posting this here because for some reason I can't log into BTS. But it is sort of a mud pit item. whatever. Mods If you want to move this move this!

I totally agree with this! Does anyone else agree with it?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Haha. Are you trying to say that the dems are stupid?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I dont think those 19,000 people are stupid. They're probably old and were confused by the ballots. I know my g-parents get confused a lot.

[Edited on 4/10/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
But honestly, if a person is unable to figure out a ballot, should their vote count?

Sort of like letting people who can't read vote...

Or maybe even letting [disable PC mode] mental retards [renable PC mode] vote...

Frankly, im ok with preselecting votes based on those who can properly punch out a clearly marked and labelled hole.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Frankly, im ok with preselecting votes based on those who can properly punch out a clearly marked and labelled hole.

Are you even going to bother voting? Or is your vote going to be preselected? Hell lets just preselect the entire election. Bush wins again and this time he didn't have to rig anything.

You think that a few hanging chads are an election nightmare? Wait until the electronic voting system gets toyed around with, by the time the fraud is exposed there will be nothing at all you can do. No supreme court wrangling, no debate, just a president who sits and basks in the glory of a false victory.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey bud, you don't understand my sentence the way i used it.

"Frankly, im ok with preselecting votes based on those who can properly punch out a clearly marked and labelled hole. " - means:

"It is okay with me if they only choose to count the ballots that have been properly completed. This is because anyone who is unable to punch out a clearly marked and labelled hole correctly probably has diminished mental capacity and shouldn't be voting anyway."

Even if a ballot was completed incorrectly on accident, this is indicitive of a certain degree of carelessness. Preselecting for votes cast with care, in my opinion, is a good thing. #... i used that word you have trouble with again... if you have problems with the meaning of that sentence, U2U me, and ill go through it again with you.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cascadego
anyone who is unable to punch out a clearly marked and labelled hole correctly probably has diminished mental capacity and shouldn't be voting anyway."

Really? I didn't see that in the constitution, so unless you plan on rewriting it and renaming the US "Cascadego's Mock Democracy" you may want to hold off on your big decisions of who is and is not aloud to vote.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Come now my friend, it is not a mock democracy this way.

Already restrictions exist prohibiting felons and retards from voting.

All im saying is that people who improperly complete the ballot should expect to have their vote improperly tallied. Its not like those people tasked with counting votes are gifted with #ing prescience.

Its no mock democracy.

If a person is retarded, careless, or criminal I do not care if his vote goes uncounted.

If the state passes a law saying retarded, careless, or criminal people can't vote... well... no biggie.

I bet your just itching cuz you left your ballot with a few hanging chads.

BTW careless refers to someone who cant quite get that punch through the designated spot correctly, not someone who stubs his toe or whatever contrived # you were about to spew at me.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
Haha. Are you trying to say that the dems are stupid?

isnt it obvious people?

top topics

join