It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all my new awesome friends!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Eeehhh, I hate naming introduction threads - I never know what to say. But at least I know what to say inside of them!

Ya'll can call me Scarlet, and I am currently a resident of North Carolina. I would very much like to leave here, but I am still in college and really cannot pick up and move anytime soon. Born and raised here, but I've lived in upstate NY for a semester of college.

I have always been "on the fringe" as it were, from as early as 10 ( when I was just interested in the typical UFOs and ghost stories). Over time, however, that passion has grown to almost all of the Fortean topics ( cryptozoology, alternative history, UFOs, ghosts, Masons, Illuminati, pseudosciences) and I take my study in all of them quite literally and seriously. Not too seriously though - when I go out ghost hunting, I wear my own "Ghost busters" suit!.

I am not someone who takes everything that is thrown at her. I am also very well studied in Reason and Logic, and have books upon books of thinkers such as Descartes, Plato, Socrates, Neizche. I combine my two loves to serve each other - I dabble the harsh Reason with a belief in other races, and I mix my belief in Masons with sound Reason practices. I will think on anything, and Reason only what I see.

I am really, really looking forward to being active in this place - and to learning and expanding what I already know. Here's to all my new awesome friends!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
helloooo there!

hope you have a fab time!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Can't leave out Amenemhet, Archemedes, Nostradamus, Siddhartha.

=)

WELCOME ABOARD. I like to imagine myself as a naked man with a leaf rapped around my waste protecting my groins, a conneseuor of the boards. They will make statues after me.

I like corn dogs. I also enjoy grilled cheese, bacon and eggs. Taco bell is nice. Best pizza ever I reccomend you must have one day, it will take a adventure.

Arroyo Grande, CA - Klondikes. It is the best pizza in the world, I promise you. They also have free peanuts.

Hmmm. I don't know what else to say. Be prepared for people to pick at anything you believe in! Even if it's true!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Hope you enjoy your stay

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hello. I hope you are warm!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yayyy! Another cryptozoology minion!!!
MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I believe in bigfoot! All of the sub-species. Lloyd Pye is a smart dude!!!

XD

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Loren Coleman is my Lord and Savior, along with Kurt Vonnegut.
That's pretty much my life in a nutshell.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Ja ja, das ist gut mein freund!

Hehe. I'm half German so anything German makes me happy.

Tushay, My life in a nutshell........ Beer, Music, Conspiracies.

XD

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I see Nostradamus as more of a satirical herbal doctor than an all knowing force of prophecy. I do love how he phrased his quatrains though, and I am sure some of them are close to things that are happening - if you were to write a thousand poems, at least one would be close to what would happen.

I am used to defending myself and my ideals - around here, people think I am either a 1.Lesbian ( I'm into computers and a girl! GASP!) 2. A Witch ( I don't go to the doctor for every. tiny. sniffle.) or 3. Some satanic version of the first two. So is the life in the boonies. I just need a lot of good friends to help me through the Hell

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I love Loren Coleman too - how he speaks is very down to earth, and his sense of humor is awesome.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I describe myself as an Acolyte in all the things I study and have a great passion about. It makes me feel abit better, and it sounds cool as all get out when I answer that question out loud.

Around here in NC, we have a few cryptids. Black Panthers are the most common, we have a few coydoy hybrids, and of course the locally famous Wampas Cat. Think of a tall feline bigfoot, and you got it. Native Americans around here say its the spirit of a woman wronged by her husband, and is so jealous she walks the forests searching for souls to bring down with her. And once and a while, you will hear of a dog being eaten by something much bigger than it is. We have black bears, and foxes, and panthers (known) in our mountains, but thats it.

Oh, look at me! I rambled abit! Oh well, it is deserving!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Hello! Hello! Hello!
Nice to meet you!
(just trying to get my 30 posts)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, you will find that everyone is very friendly here!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome to the asylum
You will find this site to have both awesome bits of knowledge and plain old kook talk
Enjoy and hope to see some posts from you on the cryptozoology threads.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
xexe XD "welcome to the asylum" that cracked me up.
enjoy it here, remember were a polite forum,its cool that we dont get lotsa flame and stuff..couse were the enlightened xD
u remind me of me,i want to escape from my city too ^_^
u seem also smarter then me XD

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hi and welcome to ATS / BTS, You seem to be off to a good start.
If you have any questions feel free to message me or any staff member anytime, there is a link at the bottom of every post, or on the home board page.

----------------------------------------------

reply to post by Nosred

Hello! Hello! Hello!
Nice to meet you!
(just trying to get my 30 posts)

Well I guess we can make it 30 for you if you like.

New members can post almost anywhere they wish to, You need 20 posts under your belt before you can author your own thread.

Some links that may answer any questions.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Welcome!!
I'm new too!!!
I guess i'll see you our there then

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
That was such a bright and cheery intro I had to respond. I like pos.
Before you go all crazy with that first thread learn about our search engine(top right).It might save you a fopah splash if you know what I mean.
Stay pos. Have fun. This can be one addicting sight so heads up.
oh ya welcome and like it or not I get to call you Scar
kidding
unless it's ok.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Welcome, welcome.. sounds like you'll fit right in...
Feel free to jump right into the other threads...
we dont bite... well not hard... well maybe we've been know to leave a few marks

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Same here never knew about some of the topics before I got on here and i feel smarter now

top topics

<<   2 >>

join