It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you fight for your country to defend Israel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well, i would. The thing is of course - i live there and even gave an oath x years ago.
And as a matter of fact - i think that it is Israeli business to defend itself. Allies are of course important but i fail to see why others should get directly involved while it is not needed.
There is a very small chance of regional war in near future and even in this case i think that Israel will handle it. Only if some major league players - out of Israeli weight group - will for some unexplained and unforeseen (by me) reason will actively engage Israel ,ally involvement could be requested. In my opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think the only draft that could occur in the future would be a fight against China or Russia and only if all the Nukes on the planet were not working. Then a huge air and ground campaign long and drawn out would cause a draft.

For the countries you mention, there would be no need for a draft. I am confident the reservists from a single state in the US could woop Syria, Lebanon and the like in less than a week.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i think i would rather go fight against the israeli's depending on the case that i have to fight. but nah

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
I would not even want to fight to defend my own country.
[edit on 14/1/2009 by lightchild]

If everyone in your country took your stance, then you would be having wars every day. What a horrible thing to say.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I would stand by the Palestinians and fight the Israelis. The US needs to stop sending aid to Israel and start doing what is right.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

i doubt they would

but two scenarios

there would be alot of friendly fire on the Israelis from me if it should happen and i suppose alot of others would do the same.

or i would just tell them to take a hike and f Israel

edit: this would be a good time for the Israeli supporters to get their plane tickets and fight for Gods chosen people, heck they may even get a toy or something in return

[edit on 15-1-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Originally posted by David9176

I would probably be torn as well and i'm sure i'd question myself about it if it ever came to be. But one's evil is another's good....I cannot justify killing another unless it's means my family's safety or my own.

Fair enough... as i said.. I don't know if i could, but I'd have to consider it.

Just because my government supports them does not mean that i have to. I didn't give my personal ok on any of it...or any war for that matter.

Me neither, and i usually don't agree with my government on anything

I can also understand why you compare this to WWII. But to me that is a completely different situation in a completely different time.

For the THIRD time.. i did NOT compare this to WWII... not at all.
I said had everyone thought that way back then, we would be speaking german now.
I made no comparison to the fighting, the situation, the aggressors or anything to do with it?

I simply said... had people decided it wasn't their fight back in WWII, we would be speaking german.

Cheers

[edit on 15/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Not even if those countries attacked Israel first. I am a firm ally of Israel, but I still wouldn't fight for them. We all stand our ground, we all stand in our camps and even though alliances may mean sharing technology and weaponry, spilling my blood for another man's country is madness. I would fight only for my country of origin (India) and my country of adoption (Great Britain).

That said, its a pointless debate because Israel would never, ever need reinforcements. They've proven in the past that they are quite capable in taking on 6 countries at once and beat the crap out of all of them (and grabbing a hell of a lot of land in the process too).

Why do you think Egypt is so schtum about Gaza, why is the Egypt- Gaza border shut? Why do you think Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and even Iran aren't declaring war on Israel? They're petrified of being annihilated by the IDF.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting how many people say they would rather fight against israel than for them given the situation where their govt was an ally. I think if it came to it i would hope my country was on the opposing side to israel but that would never happen.
Personnally i think israel have made a monumental mistake in the eyes of the world and they know it!
They are bickering amongst themselves within the govt as to where to go next with this now knowing full well wherever they take this it is only going to get worse for them as global disgust turns to hate.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
actually, i think this has turned global disgust into hate. the disgust was there because they kept doing stuff like shooting kids for throwing rocks, now people hate them and think they are an evil and corrupt country that needs to be stopped, they fired phosphorous shells at the UN ffs.

if my government decided they were going to draft me in to fight for isreal, i think they might have a fight on their hands.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
no way in hell!!!!!

I dont kill women and children

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would not fight for my country unless Nazi types were invading. Would I fight for Israel? Only to stop Nazi types invading. Add to this they would try to interfere with UFO landings in the future. UFOs are what made Israel/Palestine/Holy Land/Call It What You Will the birth place of many religions. Bring them down in the future for sure. No Nazis means more chance of UFOs landing soon. You have to be a mind free of prejudice, at the same time filled with love for the UFOs to appear.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This begs the questions and probably requires another thread but can you force someone to fight for something that do not believe in? Would this not result in increased numbers of AWOLs, suicides and death by friendly fire? I think this could go as far as to be a repeat of the Civil War when father fought against son and brother against brother. I pray that it does not come to that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

usually you can object to a draft on moral grounds, it's not the done thing but it's normally allowed.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
uk.youtube.com...

^^^^ not for the faint hearted ^^^^^^

i see something like the above and any form of patriotism goes out the window. I don't want to kill anyone, jeez what's wrong with us it's the 21st century. It's our fault, the peoples fault, we let our representatives murder and steal and for what, cheaper oil, racism, superiority. What is gained from any war by the people of either sides, nothing, the only benefactors are the banks, the weapons traders and funeral parlours. After a war the ordinary people go back to a life they had before often poorer for it.

There is a British tv show called only fools and horses it's a comedy and in it is a character called grandad he said after the war they promised us homes fit for heroes, instead they gave us heroes fit for homes, that sums it up for me, those in charge say we must fight for our way of life yet think nothing of throwing thousands upon thousands of lives away. Messing around on ATS i said humans must be the stupidest species there is, now im actually starting to believe it.

sorry about the post if it doesn't make sense or is condescending the above video just depressed me a little, and my grammar seems to be getting worse by the year and im only 28 by the time im forty i'll be using chimp hand signals

[edit on 15-1-2009 by R-evolve]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

I understand your frustration and trust me you are not alone. I too keep saying that it is our faults for letting our corrupt governments get away with this atrocious behavior that does not reflect the need or the wants of their citizens. Ask anyone anywhere what do they want and they will all give you the same answer. Our governments have convinced us that the only way for us to live in peace and to be safe is to kill a bunch of other people that want the same thing. We are getting smarter and we realize that our governments do not have the concern of their citizens at heart. We are still infants trying to make sense out of how to hold and use a spoon. We have not learned how to stop these brutes so we do the only thing we can cry, beg for them to listen and then wait for them to do what they wish.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i]reply to post by ThinkingNotLiving

Originally posted by lightchild
I would not even want to fight to defend my own country.

If everyone in your country took your stance, then you would be having wars every day. What a horrible thing to say.

So

I said "I would not even want to fight to defend my own country"
and you said "If everyone in your country took your stance, then you would be having wars every day"

combining the two statements

"If everyone in your country would not even want to fight to defend their own country"

then you would be having wars every day

war
noun [C or U]
1 armed fighting between two or more countries or groups

Definition of War

According to the definition you need two groups, if no one defended then there would be no war!

There might be an invasion, but my country has had lots of invading forces, it has formed our country and culture.

I am in the UK and our country has already been invaded in recent years by the EU. Could any invading country make it much worse?

So why would there be any wars?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Personally I WOULD NOT .

IF they institute a draft (kinda old for it ) and Im called Hello Canada here I came or hello brig here I come .

For my home land yes I would fight like a badger but not for a A Mideastern country . The exception to those statements would be if a large country started a systematic march across the world taking countries left and right . Then I would have to reevaluate the answers .

As for present Israeli entanglements And if they need help let those politicians and Israeli supporters here go there and help them themselves not sending our people there . I would donate for their plane ticket .

Heck maybe Eric Prince of Blackwater could cut them a deal and get a few battalions of mercenaries to wage war for them . They would fit in good together. Indiscriminate killing both are good at it .

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Lostinthedarkness]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
most of you are dumb... do you really that if just those nations went up against israel they would need us??? remember the six day war? of course not, you never knew about it. when israel destroyed syria, egypt and jordan AND IN ONLY SIX DAYS. in just days they over DOUBLED the size of their country. THEY GAVE BACK THE GAZA STRIP THAT THEY WON IN THAT WAR. Them needing us is laughable at best. grow a brain and realize that we need them, they are our only ally in the middle east EVERYONE ELSE HATES THAT WE ARE ALIVE the only thing holding them back from trying to destroy us is that they want to destroy israel first. and dont think they only hate us because we support israel, its because we dont believe in jihad and we give woman equal rights. and as for this targeting innocent people...please hamas tries to hide within their own people including women and children knowing that are are putting them in harms, and those people do nothing about it, they choose to give terrorists refuge, these "innocent" men are killing their own women and children. can one of you genius's PLEASE tell when has any country in the history of the world dropped warnings in the places they were about to bomb giving people an opprtunity to flea INCLUDING THE TERRORISTS?!?!? does hamas give israeli families the same chance when they blow themselves up in a crowded square??? ill help out... NO think about ww2 when japan attacked an army base KILLING ONLY SOLDIERS what did we do? we dropped nukes on two of their most populated cities! is anyone trying to tell me america didnt know that mostly innocent people would be killed???? i bet half of you are inbred rednecks from the south. put down the beer and the dip take a shower learn to read and remember this country doesnt have slaves anymore and it wont ever again, youll have to keep working your own farms. get over it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Short answer: no.
Long answer: of course not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join