It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Smell That???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It.....smells like....a....

SUPER BOWL!!!!

2 more games to go until we bring the hardware home! Phills and Iggles in the same year! Are you serious!!??!

E-A-G-L-E-S.....EAGLES!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey nyk! I'm cheering! Watched the game yesterday..got my official Eagles hat...
Lombozo, the big bonehead got me hooked.
Start planning the street parties!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Leave it to Lombozo to convert some more Iggles fans.

Glad to have you on board!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Leave it to Lombozo to convert some more Iggles fans.

Glad to have you on board!

His enthusiasm is far more intoxicating than I think even he himself realizes.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Colts fan here.

Time to put my #44 jersey away until next year.

I'm sorry.....this is suppose to be a happy thread.

Rush

Edit to add: We are talking about football aren't we. lmao

[edit on 12-1-2009 by hsur2112]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Colts fan here.

Don't be sad. A Manning can't win the Super Bowl every year.

Besides...we have to get it done this year.

I want Brian Dawkins to get a ring. He deserves it more than anybody I can think of.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by hsur2112
Colts fan here.

Don't be sad. A Manning can't win the Super Bowl every year.

Aw hel.......I mean heck, I'm just sad because I won't get to see Dallas Clark.

Rush

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I see.

I guess I probably shouldn't tell you this then, but I was pulling for Clark to go down all season so I could see my man Jacob Tamme get some playing time.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Shameful, just shameful.

Rush

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Eagles are going down, I mean DOWN!!! Nobody gets to win if my Titans can't! Cardinals are going to whip out a can of whoop a## on the eagles and they'll go back to their nest crying.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Surely you jest.

The same team we beat by 4 touchdowns a few weeks ago?

Nothing can stop us.

Don't feel bad though...the Titans played one hell of a season.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I truly don't have a team to cheer for now so whatever happens, happens. Just had to talk some smack.

May the best team win. If the eagles do it then I'll congratulate them.

I don't think the Cardinals have ever been this far have they? Their the underdog so I'll cheer them on too!

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You can cheer on whoever you want.

As long as it's not the Cowboys, we can still be friends.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Cowboys?
Never!
The Titans are my team and I really had high hopes for them this year but life happens. Colts are out, Giants are out! It's down to the Steelers vs Ravens & Eagles vs Cardinals. No matter what happens I'm still a football fan and will watch it all. It's just my Titans? 12 penalties & 3 turnovers? And some bad play calling by the refs.

So Good luck again.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh I smell it allright. I was goin' to start a thread but you already had it covered and stuff!
AD - welcome to the bandwagon! And you wonder why I love you.........

Eagles!!!!!! What a whirlwind of a season! 1 win away from the SuperBowl, and 2 wins away from bringing home the best trophy ever made - The LOMBARDI trophy.

I remember in 2003 when Chad Lewis caught the ball in the endzone with moments left in the game securing the Eagles a SuperBowl birth, that I couldn't speak. I was with my son, and a couple of friends, and we were all overwhelmed.

I am loyal to a fault. I never throw in the towel, no matter what. I've never jumped off the wagon, and am an expert at saying "NEXT YEAR!"

6 weeks ago, alot of people counted the Eagles out. Rumors were everywhere about how the QB, the Coach, and the best Safety were outa here. They never stopped focusing on the dream. Nor did I. Game day I always wear my Eagles Green. My cell is blowing up throughtout the game. The normal conversation is along the lines of:
"Did you just see that!"
"OMG!"
"E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!"

I've written quite a bit about the Phillies Championship, and I will take absolutely nothing from them.... But the Eagles? OMG!!!! Watching Gang Green hoist the Lombardi Trophy above their heads........ I won't be able to speak for a week! Pot's, pans, and trash can lids will be ringing. Fireworks will be blazing. My street, and every street around will be covered with people screaming and hollering. My son will be called out sick from school the next day. There will be fewer people in work than a national holiday in Philly.

What am I saying? It is just a game to many. So much more than that to me. Eagles football is practically a religous experience. The passion is absolutely real and heartfelt. South Philly. Bad reputation. Tough and unforgiving. Go into a local pub, or any of the thousands of tail gate parties, and you will see yellin' and screamin' . You will also see people who are considered tough as nails, with hands folded - almost in prayer waiting for the next big play. Screaming so loud you can't think in one second, then the next quiet as can be waiting for the snap. Then:
"THROW IT!"
"RUN!"
"HIT HIM!"

Chest bumps, knuckle punches, high fives.

Eagles games are some of the best things in my life. Call me crazy. Heck, I am crazy. But the Eagles are an institution. I LOVE THEM. They've never won a championship during my lifetime. Not one, and I'm in my 40's. Never, not for one second of 1 day has my loyalty ever waivered from them. Philly is like no other city in the world. I'm sure you've heard the term Death before Dishonor. Eagles fans live that Credo when it comes to the Birds. They really do.

Hey EAGLES! - WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!
Keep focus.
GO GO GO GO!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by lombozo]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ummmm

The Steelers might have a little something to say about this. So please, no early celebrations.

GO Steelers.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I can always count on you to sum things up brilliantly my friend.

As I said before...I want this....for many reasons.

I want to see my favorite player of all time....The X factor...Brian Dawkins....raise that hardware over his head and scream. I want to see McNabb finally get over the hump and win the big game....the same for Andy.

The fact that my son will be only a few weeks old when I can hold him in my arms and celebrate a Eagles championship together adds to the fire.

I want this for Lombozo and all the citizens of Philly who live and breathe Eagles football (I swear I should have been born there).

Bottom Line....

Go Eagles!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

The Steelers?

Didn't we play them once already this year?

How'd that go again?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well I admire your alls dedication and passion for the Eagles but don't have a heart attack and count your chickens to soon. They have 1 hour to make it to the Super bowl and then another 1 hour to win it. Two games one at a time and anything can happen. Ask the Titans if you don't believe me. Honestly I'll be very happy for you Eagle fans if they win and you party away, but be careful and knock on wood.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No such thing for an Eagles fan.

I'd be completely confident that they would win if they were playing the the God's of ancient Greece.

Until the game is over, they have my full confidence…and if they screw it up….well….we'll get 'em next year.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join