It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has The Earthquake Swarm Restarted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Today, Jan 9, there were 11 earthquakes....including a 3.3, a 2.4, and 2.2. Why nothing about this on the news?

It's starting not to be funny anymore.

www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
Today, Jan 9, there were 11 earthquakes....including a 3.3, a 2.4, and 2.2. Why nothing about this on the news?

It's starting not to be funny anymore.

www.seis.utah.edu...

It is interesting and deserves further monitoring on the same level as any rumblings around the Cape Verde Islands. The Earth will do what it will do.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Okay...I'm not aware of the activity in Cape Verde. I guess I will have to google it and find out. Whew...almost a oneline post.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

thanks for the update

this is very interesting, i sure wish there was more information about it to skim thru

not that it would make any differance

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Keep a close eye on Yellowstone, New Madrid, and San Andreas, in that order. We are WAY overdue for a really big shake. It's going to devestate this country.
I don't sweat the economy. It's cyclical and comes back. But there's not a damn thing you can do whem Mama Earth has a hot flash!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Something I noticed to is the quakes are getting more shallow... What does that mean? If anyone can explain it to me. They started averaging around 11-7 KM deep and the ones today are between 2 and 7 on average...

Also what is this slow movement thing??? what is that all about?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kupoliveson

wonderful observation! Could it mean the magma beneath the crust is getting closer to the surface, hence the ground does not go down as deep? I guess that is what you're getting at.
I wish this thread wasn't going to die from lack of interest as I would truly like to get some other's take on this...oh well.

top topics

join