It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Spider-Obama!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That's right boys and girls…our new President, Barack Obama, is a character in a new issue of Spiderman!

The comic starts with Spider-Man's alter-ego Peter Parker taking photographs at the inauguration, before spotting two identical Obamas.

Parker decides "the future president's gonna need Spider-Man," and springs into action, using basketball to determine the real Obama and punching out the impostor.

Obama thanks him with a fist-bump.

How great is that?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The US military is planning to win the hearts of young people in the Middle East by publishing a new comic.
It will be based on "the security forces, military and police, in the near future in the Middle East" and is being produced by US Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.

A spokesman at Fort Bragg told BBC News website that the initiative for the comic-book project came from the US Department of Defense's Central Command, which is responsible for US security interests in 25 Middle Eastern and Arab nations.

ATS: Comic Books To Be Used For 'Psy-Ops' in Middle East

I can appreciate the novelty...but my optimism has atrophied.

A great way to associate the new President with a Super Hero and the attributes of such...it will just teach some of the younger generation to make their opinions based on popular media...

Great Find...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Excellent way to look deeper into this MS.

The folks at Marvel say they did it because Obama was a Spiderman collector when he was a child, but I kind of thought the same thing you did, that they were comparing him to a superhero.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Maybe its just me, but I am sick and tired of seeing Obamas face everywhere I go.

Grocery store- On the cover of People and all the "black" magazines.

Mall- Walk by spencers, he is everywhere

Trade markets(aka flea markets)- half the booths selling Obama merchandise

Commercials- How many times do I need to see an ad for the Obama coin.

Now in comic books........................I'm rooting for him to do a good job, but damn I am already tired of the way he is being portrayed.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
With that picture of him standing in front of Superman, I thought he would have been more of a Superman fanatic.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
hello first post!!

i seen something on cbs new or one of them i dont pay tv news any mind... yesterday about a obama plate lol it was 20 dollars

[edit on 9-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Maybe its just me, but I am sick and tired of seeing Obamas face everywhere I go.
Grocery store- On the cover of People and all the "black" magazines.
Mall- Walk by spencers, he is everywhere
Trade markets(aka flea markets)- half the booths selling Obama merchandise
Commercials- How many times do I need to see an ad for the Obama coin.
Now in comic books........................I'm rooting for him to do a good job, but damn I am already tired of the way he is being portrayed.

its dictatorship my brother get a little used to it

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wise words spoken

Welcome to ATS! Yup, Obama plates are just one of the new money making schemes. Have you seen the coins yet?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

He can join George Bush, who has been in X-Men, Iron Man, The Hulk, Black Panther, and Fantastic Four comics.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
yea i only have the free channels but i see alot of bull about this guy
my mom watches the tv almost all day and i see most of it and it kinda crazy how they have to remind us of the digital switch everyday lol that bush one is funny

[edit on 9-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yup, thats all it takes, those free channels will spout plenty of Obama commercials. Have you gotten a digital converter yet?

I don't think it's a bad thing to have Obama in comics. They usually have the real President at the time make appearances, so it only makes sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It seems he is more a celebrity than a poliitician. I for one don't like that idea, although it did get him elected.

As for the coins and plates, I'll save my money thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Marvel's had several celebrity's in Spiderman. Leno (with ninjas), Colbert (I don't remember the specifics), a couple of others i don't remember off hand.

They tend to do that as a favour for famous fans.

The Mythbusters were in a copy of the comic about Wolverine's clone daughter.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I really don't have a problem with him being in a comic book. Alot of Presidents and other famous people have graced Marvel and DC covers. My problem is everywhere I go I see his face on merchandise.

For Christs sake, I saw his huge head on a fleece throw blanket.

Who buys that?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Exactly, that is because he is made out to be a celebrity. When I was in NYC recently there were stores that sold any and everything with his face on it. I would think even his most avid supporters would get tired of that.

Seems to belittle the post he has been elected to.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

I've seen those stores as well. I've seen Obama's face on everything from shirts and hats, to coins and other collectibles. I've even seen a pair of Obama sneakers!

He seems to be about 95% celebrity and 5% (or less) President.

top topics

join